Page 131 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 3003
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Kevin Sorbo was not even asked to do a cameo. Kevin Sorbo is displeased by this insolence.
    I'd have thought he was too busy making his next nonsensical god-bothering propaganda film to care, but apparently he's been quite vocal about it.

---

I finally got around to watching The Worlds' End. Enjoyable, though it didn't hold my attention the way previous Pegg/Frost films did. Found my mind wandering quite frequently. I did like the post-apocalyptic ending though.
    "Men shall never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Diderot

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rath View Post
    I'd have thought he was too busy making his next nonsensical god-bothering propaganda film to care, but apparently he's been quite vocal about it.

Well, Hercules was a Hero, or half-man half-God, so it's just hedging his bets.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moraven View Post
    There was the whole should to shoulder pick up and toss... little wrestling in there.

Then it mixed in some Matrix, Asian Martial Arts flying.
    One homage that fit in with the usual "super strong folk beating the shit out of each other". It is a reference to the actors (or just what people want), that happens regardless of if it is Mr. The Rock Johnson or Harrison Ford or Elijah Wood.

Saying that there was 'wrestling in the DOOM film" is like saying "Wilfred is a Lord of the Rings parody" since it made one or two references to Elijah Wood's role as Frodo... in four years...
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    As promised, I watch Dream Warrior, or it's working title: The Road Warrior, without roads nor war. Second working title: Mad Max Payne

Our hero, Rage (Rockatansky, I assume) has about the same personality as Gordon Freeman, but we also have Sherilyn Fenn, Lance Henriksen, the voice of Alan Wake, and Isaac Hayes sleepwalking through the whole thing. There are also several gratuitous "sexy" scenes filmed with local prostitutes, just to avoid the dreaded PG13 rating. I think there a plot or something about Freaks, Inquisitors that demand biological purity, religion-inspired orgies, and the big reveal is that The Big Bad is actually the father of RAGE Rockatansky, and a freak himself. Him and his Dragon are killed, and RAGE Rockatansky rides into the sunset (or would, but they were probably in a hurry, so he just walks away in the middle of the afternoon). Isaac Hayes, Magical Negro and Telekinetic Extraordinaire, tells the kid "it's how it should be".
    I truly don't understand Hollywood economics. I expected this to be small scale thing, but the credits list hundreds of people, even a second unit director, "stunts" and CGI stuff. Sure, it was filmed in Croatia in about less than a week, and all the locations are mere meters apart, but is it really that cheap?

I blame all this on JG Man!
    Last edited by somini; 28-07-2014 at 03:47 AM.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Obscure Node
    Sorry to go off topic but while using an iphone how do I start a new thread? I can't find an option anywhere

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodofosho View Post
    Sorry to go off topic but while using an iphone how do I start a new thread? I can't find an option anywhere
    You know Apple, sleek UI taken a bit too far. Try the third button.

(Sorry, couldn't help myself. Believe you need 10 posts before you can start a new thread.)

Obscure Node
    Found out I need 10 posts to start a topic which is stupid so sorry but just gonna spam with a few real quick

Obscure Node
    Happy days

Obscure Node
    Love the Xbox one so far

Obscure Node
    Starting to think about getting into pc gaming

Obscure Node
    Built my own computer a couple years ago but I want to see if it's good enough to play games still

Obscure Node
    That's why I want to start a new topic and I think this is the last post I need to do

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Why do they keep starting mad max movies by destroying the interceptor??? :-o

It's a bit teal-and-orange, and I'm a bit worried it might go too OTT. But fingers crossed.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by BillButNotBen View Post
    Why do they keep starting mad max movies by destroying the interceptor??? :-o

It's a bit teal-and-orange, and I'm a bit worried it might go too OTT. But fingers crossed.
    It looks like they have the ingredients they need (those being desert, scrap cars, and extras that aren't afraid of the clippers). The only thing that I think they might screw up is the protagonist. In hindsight, Gibson was actually pretty good at it....

A.C.A.B. and La Santa
    post in progress

It's good to see the Mad Max franchisefinally moving...
    ...beyond Thunderdome.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    One homage that fit in with the usual "super strong folk beating the shit out of each other". It is a reference to the actors (or just what people want), that happens regardless of if it is Mr. The Rock Johnson or Harrison Ford or Elijah Wood.

Saying that there was 'wrestling in the DOOM film" is like saying "Wilfred is a Lord of the Rings parody" since it made one or two references to Elijah Wood's role as Frodo... in four years...
    Fair enough. They did not go all out like in some past roles where he would at least do the a mix of The Rock Bottom, DDT, and People's Elbow.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    @nate:
    I dunno, Tom Hardy seems a pretty good fit for the role. Though he does seem to spend the whole movie tied up according to the trailer.
    I can't put my finger on it exactly, but I'm just a bit worried they might overdo the whole 'weird crazy guys in scrap cars' thing to the point where it ends up being totally sci-fantasy. Which is kinda where they went wrong with Beyond Thunderdome (that and not having the interceptor and only having a car chase at the end).
    Long Lost sequels seem to always run the risk of just taking the most popular elements from the first film and then ramping them up to 11, but kinda driving them into the ground in the process.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    It's good to see the Mad Max franchisefinally moving...
    ...beyond Thunderdome.
    How long have you been waiting to 1) Use that reference? and 2) Make that joke?

I'm genuinely concerned that it's a very, very long time.

Anyhow, I thought the Mad Max trailer looked pretty good. Possibility of going zealous on the teal and orange and whilst it might be sacrilegious to say that an entire film that's an action sequence is at least a little risky, it did look suitably violently explodey.