Page 133 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 3230
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Just watched Guardians of The Galaxy - Really entertaining film, with really good characters goes the loveble rogues in space route which is fairly fun. A lot of great jokes, great action scenes, the 3D was probably the best I've seen really done well, a very beautiful film to look at with lots of space stuff going on in a lot of shots. It also has a little bit of James Gunn weirdness in it. What more can you want from a summer blockbuster, Marvel really know what they are doing and really make great films.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Saw 22 Jump Street and really kinda big disappointment because day before i watched first one to get ready for new one. The thing is they just copied first movie with worse jokes,in different settings and thats it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Saw 22 Jump Street and really kinda big disappointment because day before i watched first one to get ready for new one. The thing is they just copied first movie with worse jokes,in different settings and thats it.
    Seems how a lot of comedy sequels go unfortunately.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Idiocracy is just a crap film, but the amount of noise it created just makes me depressed. It's still bad, even ignoring the "controversies" and shit. What a waste of time.
    At least it was written by Etan Cohen (no, not THAT one).
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

With a title like 2019 After the Fall Of New York you can bet that it's an Escape From New York rip off. With bonus Road Warrior touches. Rather than hard arse mercenary Snake Plissken jetting into Death Camp: Manhattan to save the president hard arse death race champion and Snake Plissken wannabe Parsifal has to sneak into New York through the sewers with his mercenary buddies to save the only fertile woman left on the planet. Which I guess makes it a good Easter film. Oh it's horrible future, a future of sterility, cromagnon gangs, horseback riding fascists and extended model shots.

This is the third film I've seen this week that's had at least one person stumbling about on fire. It's also the best made having hijacked some good looking sets and having the best gore. It looks as good as the trailer hints, the acting isn't too painful although "Have you localised them?" is a stand out line and one of the mercs has the coolest weapon, made of three steel balls attached to retractable wires hidden in his wrist in addition to being the strongest man on Earth. He was kicking arse, throwing dudes all over the place and crushing throats with his steel balls. Shit, it even had a good ending which I wasn't expecting at all.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalk View Post
    This is the third film I've seen this week that's had at least one person stumbling about on fire.
    You made me wonder about how people actually act when they're on fire. This being the internet, it didn't take me very long to find out.

They don't seem big on stumbling about.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Cyborg is the best shitty post apocalyptic movie. Everything else by the same director is even more shitty, but basically the same story (and usually with Lance Henrikson).
    Try Knights
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107333/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_32
    because Kathy Long can actually kick arse... although possibly not while acting.

I don't think Cyborg, or any of his movies that always include 'cyborgs', actually has a real cyborg in it. It's very odd.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Saw GOTG last night. Really good movie, just hits all the right notes. Watching it and seeing the direction they're going in, how they went ahead and had a huge cast of characters but didn't spend forever trying to introduce each and every one and how it ties into the other movies, this must have been what it was like for the generation who came before me felt with the original Star Wars movies.

Best parts include Bradley Coopers performance stealing the show and Dave Bautista actually giving a really good performance with proper character development and some genuinely funny lines. I didn't expect it from him at all.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Harold and Maude

Not entirely sure what I saw but I liked the genuine warmth and attraction between the two lead characters. Excellent soundtrack and wonderful cinematography.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Watching it and seeing the direction they're going in, how they went ahead and had a huge cast of characters but didn't spend forever trying to introduce each
    Now wait patiently for Racoon: Origins.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    At least I only have to wait 2 months for GOTG.

I finally got to watch The Lego Movie and I thought it was great, although possibly not quite as good as people made out. It occasionally felt like it was trying too hard.

I have also been forced to watch Frozen about 2 dozen times so far.. and I gotta say it's holding up pretty well. Most other disney movies would have driven me insane by now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Cowboy Bebop (the movie, assuming there only is one). I didn't have any idea what it was and I forget what made me want to find out, but it turned out to be pretty fun. I think I'll see if the series is worth watching too.

Captain America: Winter Soldier. Felt like it was a little oddly edited at times, but other than that I enjoyed it. Also felt slightly more serious than the other movies somehow, which was fine.

Network Hub
    Harlock: Space Pirate is a new streaming Netflix release (wonder how regional that is?) that got a bunch of 5-star reviews in the sci-fi category, so I decided to watch it.

If you have ever wanted to know what it was like to watch a feature length CG intro to a video game, this is it. State of the art computer animation throughout, paired with a forgettable anime-style story. Or at least, that's what it was, up until the point that I fell asleep. Japanese language with English subtitles if that matters to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Harlock: Space Pirate is a new streaming Netflix release (wonder how regional that is?) that got a bunch of 5-star reviews in the sci-fi category, so I decided to watch it.

If you have ever wanted to know what it was like to watch a feature length CG intro to a video game, this is it. State of the art computer animation throughout, paired with a forgettable anime-style story. Or at least, that's what it was, up until the point that I fell asleep. Japanese language with English subtitles if that matters to anyone.
    hehe. That's a good description; I know I've watched it, and not that long ago, but I can't remember anything about the story or much else.

Amazing Spiderman 2. Holy cow. I guess there'll never be a Spiderman movie that I'll like. This one is about two hours too long and all the characters are annoying. Sort of feels like a Transformers movie in that some of the action is okay and the rest is very dull.

Deathsport has David Carradine running around in one of Luke Skywalker's old outfits high out of his mind, Claudia Jennings looking fit and probably smoking something similar and the always sinister Richard Lynch who's probably on the stuff as well. There's plenty of boring motorcycle action and some really crap mutants oh, and a scene with a naked woman dancing in a black room filled with glass tubes that's straight outta someone's coke induced dream and it culminates with a toy sword fight that's more implication than action. The characters have dumb names and it sucks but so does a lot of Roger Corman's films. I've probably watched it three times now.

There is an upside though, it was a two DVD pack and the other one is Death Race 2000 which rules.

The Counsellor was a tragedy. I'd say it takes talent to create a film quite so deliciously terrible and Ridley Scott teaches us how to waste a high budget, very large and stellar cast of veteran actors (with the exception of that awful Diaz) and some potentially great source material from Cormac McCarthy. I suspect Scott thought he was remaking No Country For Old Men but he just doesn't have it in him despite obviously trying to emulate several scenes from No Country.

Still it was mildly entertaining and definitely worth watching for the cast (including a short scene with a favourite Breaking Bad character in a surprising role) but they seem just as undirected and unmotivated as the rest of the film.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    ^What? I liked it very much. I don't know why this movie is constantly bashed.

Quote Originally Posted by GameCat View Post
    ^What? I liked it very much. I don't know why this movie is constantly bashed.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it, it certainly does have some qualities in the rough and a few decent scenes - the ones with Javier Bardem in particular. I'd like to lay the failure of the film mostly on Ridley Scott, whose directorial talent seems to have evaporated after Alien, but to be fair McCarthy's screenplay is a very tricky one to work with. Sure, three of his novels were adapted to critically acclaimed films but at 80 years of age attempting to try your hand at a screenplay for the first time might not have been the best idea. His philosophical themes here of death and the terrible permanency of life's decisions is perhaps expected from someone of that age. I'm a fan of his novels but it seemed he had no clue what would work coming out of an actor's mouth.

The actors ended up feeling really awkward with their dialogue, particularity when they rambled on in monologues philosophically in typical McCarthy novel style. Cameron Diaz looked completely lost cast as the symbolic Huntress, (McCarthy wanted the viewer to associate her with those two cheetahs I think) it was painfully obvious she had no earthly clue what her character was meant to be saying and just waded through it like an awkward highschool play.

All that said, it was a very interesting way to spend an hour or so. Worth watching for anyone interested in film, if only to see what happens when a mishmash of various respected talents are thrown together but don't quite hit it off.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    80 years of age attempting to try your hand at a screenplay for the first time
    Uhm, no. He wrote screenplay for "The Gardener's Son" in 1976 and two stage plays in 1996 and 2006.
    One of these plays, "The Sunset Limited" was filmed by Tommy Lee Jones, starring Jones himself and Samuel L. Jackson.
    It's really great movie in manner of "12 Angry Men", but with only two people instead of twelve.