Page 109 of 169 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 3367
    Obscure Node
    I'm surprised about all the british actors and they are all speaking english since I thought the director was Swedish.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    the disjointed narrative reinforces the murky world the film depicts, a world in which information is key and the characters never have enough of it
    Hmm, that make sense.

I'm surprised about all the british actors and they are all speaking english since I thought the director was Swedish.
    Ron Perlman doesn't speak French and was the only American on set. But he learned all of his lines, and delivered them without error. In commentaries and interviews, however, he insists his French was bad.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112682/

Network Hub
    Apologies if my first post on Tinker came across as condescending. I was frustrated from reading lots of comments from people who clearly shouldn't have been watching the film in the first place. Which is as much the fault of marketing as anything else, I guess. The trailer certainly does its best to present the film as much more exciting and fast-paced than it is.

By 'people who shouldn't have been watching the film in the first place' I mean -- well, I'm not a big fan of action scenes, in written form especislly, but they tend to bore me in films also. A creative and succinct action sequence, in support of Stuff I Care About, is one thing, but most action scenes in most films fail to clear that bar for me. So, obviously, I avoid most action films unless there's a particular 'hook' that grabs me. With The Raid that hook was the combination of its Indonesian origin, the praise heaped upon the film and the backlash against it from Ebert et al. As it happens, I made it around twenty minutes in before switching off, and that was that. What I didn't do is attempt to offer any detailed critique of the film -- it's outside my field, as it were. But even if I had, my voice would've been merely one amongst many, whereas with Tinker it seems the 'people who shouldn't have been there' have contributed something like half of the IMDb user reviews.

Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly content to snipe at films and genres I don't care for from afar. I think it's a matter of context. Walking into a discussion regarding e.g. Spider-Man and dissing it based largely upon a generalised dislike of superhero flicks is the wrong context.

Quote Originally Posted by azoner View Post
    Well I think it would be a bit strange to have British intelligence populated by Swedes!

"Minister, we have a mole."
    "Only one?"
    Last edited by Lethe; 16-03-2014 at 11:33 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GameCat View Post
    Hmm, that make sense.

Ron Perlman doesn't speak French and was the only American on set. But he learned all of his lines, and delivered them without error. In commentaries and interviews, however, he insists his French was bad.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112682/
    The City of Lost Children is amazing. Ron Perlman is not the best thing in the film, which seems kinda impossible.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Robocop,1987..What a movie,i miss movies without CGI :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    ^I know what you're feeling.
    I've watched Logan's Run yesterday. God, I love pre-CGI effects, even if in this case they were rather medicore and cheesy.
    Also, Jenny Agutter. *_*

Quote Originally Posted by GameCat View Post
    ^I know what you're feeling.
    I've watched Logan's Run yesterday. God, I love pre-CGI effects, even if in this case they were rather medicore and cheesy.
    Also, Jenny Agutter. *_*
    Including one the most ridiculous fanservice scene I ever seen. They really took the sexual liberation thing to awkward heights.
    "Let's take our clothes off first, before they freeze on us"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    The Raid.

What a movie.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Including one the most ridiculous fanservice scene I ever seen.
    Actually, I've seen 3 movies with her, including Logan's Run, and there was "fanservice" in all of them, although these scenes was rather justified by plot.

The other movies was Walkabout, a movie about two kids lost in the Australia, with lovely music by John Barry (RIP) and Equus, really, really awesome movie by Sidney Lumet about boy visiting psychiatrist after he blinded a few horses.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    They're making a sequel to The Incredibles because it's about bloody time the best Pixar film got a sequel. Considering the first one was a loving deconstruction of superhero films, I wonder what they'll do now. It fills me with much excitement. The original (I'm SO glad I get to say that now in this context) is one of the few films I'd describe as being flawless
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    They're making a sequel to The Incredibles because it's about bloody time the best Pixar film got a sequel. Considering the first one was a loving deconstruction of superhero films, I wonder what they'll do now. It fills me with much excitement. The original (I'm SO glad I get to say that now in this context) is one of the few films I'd describe as being flawless
    Expect it to largely revolve around Jack-Jack and merchandising opportunities (I really want it to be good, but getting announced alongside Cars 3...)

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    The first was a deconstruction of Silver Age super heroes, so this got to be about deconstruction 90's anti-heroes. Jack-Jack as Batman? Samuel L Jackson as Samuel L Jackson?
    ASIDE: I think he was Frozone, I only watched the Portuguese version. And it was even better, the voice acting was done by real voice actors and not just celebrities.
    Just remember Edna Mode.

@sabrage
    Maybe. On the other hand, Cars 2 was forced on them and it ended up not shit. There's hope.
    Last edited by somini; 19-03-2014 at 09:11 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Expect it to largely revolve around Jack-Jack and merchandising opportunities (I really want it to be good, but getting announced alongside Cars 3...)
    Given that Brad Bird has gone on saying that he didn't want to do a sequel unless he actually had an idea, I remain hopeful that this is actually the case. Besides, it's actually been 10 years since the film came out. The super-hero scene has really changed a lot since then...

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    The first was a deconstruction of Silver Age super heroes, so this got to be about deconstruction 90's anti-heroes. Jack-Jack as Batman? Samuel L Jackson as Samuel L Jackson?
    ASIDE: I think he was Frozone, I only watched the Portuguese version. And it was even better, the voice acting was done by real voice actors and not just celebrities.
    Just remember Edna Mode.

@sabrage
    Maybe. On the other hand, Cars 2 was forced on them and it ended up not shit. There's hope.
    I think SLJ was fine in the role. They needed someone who could do a light, hammy role to a tee and they got the perfect person.