Page 119 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 3007
    Re-watched Johnny Mnemonic last night. How can you not love a film that features a cybernetically enhanced dolphin called Jones?
    "Men shall never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Diderot

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rath View Post
    Re-watched Johnny Mnemonic last night. How can you not love a film that features a cybernetically enhanced dolphin called Jones?
    Who hangs out with Henry Rollins and Ice T
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Mmm, Dina Meyer.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Ice T(or Dr Pepper, or whatever that dude is called) and the fact they smuggle Megabytes of data just make that film seem like pre-history.
    Not even Keanu playing his schtick and Takeshi Kitano also playing his schtick can save it. At least Hackers crossed the line twice.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Takeshi Kitano was in Johnny Mnemonic??!

Quote Originally Posted by BillButNotBen View Post
    Takeshi Kitano was in Johnny Mnemonic??!
    His expressionless face at least. I think he says a couple of words.
    On a related note, William Gibson himself said on Twitter that he really likes that film. Poor guy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    "His expressionless face at least. I think he says a couple of words." Yep, that sounds like him.

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    His expressionless face at least. I think he says a couple of words.
    On a related note, William Gibson himself said on Twitter that he really likes that film. Poor guy.
    I dunno. I love Gibson's writing and I also liked the movie. It was definitely VERY different from the short story, but it captures the essence of his world pretty well, with a heavy emphasis on the outskirts of society (where Ice T and Henry Rollins play with a Dolphin...)
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    I dunno. I love Gibson's writing and I also liked the movie. It was definitely VERY different from the short story, but it captures the essence of his world pretty well, with a heavy emphasis on the outskirts of society (where Ice T and Henry Rollins play with a Dolphin...)
    I also love his writing, but I just hated the film. The dolphin is the straw that broke the camel's back.
    It's just not silly enough, like Hackers.

Network Hub
    Just watched Fight Club for the first time in a while. The visceral energy hasn't left that flick over time, and if you're feeling rage against the man its a good outlet.

Is it just me or is the mind-numbing plot twist extremely underrated? I never see it mentioned in lists that delve into that topic.

It blew me away the first time I watched it.

Quote Originally Posted by cranberry View Post
    Just watched Fight Club for the first time in a while. The visceral energy hasn't left that flick over time, and if you're feeling rage against the man its a good outlet.

Is it just me or is the mind-numbing plot twist extremely underrated? I never see it mentioned in lists that delve into that topic.

It blew me away the first time I watched it.
    I think the problem is it has become comparable to "Rosebud" and "Luke's Father" or "What was the deal with Bruce Wills in The Sixth Sense" at this point. Pretty much everyone who has ever heard of the film knows it, so it loses a lot of its strength.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I watched it knowing the twist. Made it quite interesting watching it trying to spot the signs, so there's still merit for sure watching it knowing.