Page 121 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 2891
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    While Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance is probably a better character story then Oldboy I think Oldboys plot and style is a lot more memorable especially because of the twist in it. Its a very intriguing thriller.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Anyone saw new XMEN ? I'm going to cinema on saturday to watch it woot woot :3 Only watched first reveal trailer so i don't spoil anything haha :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance is the cinematic equivalent of a drone album, and the coda is fucking sublime.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    Godzilla! King of Monsters!

I hated the bits with humans mostly, but they weren't as outright bad as Pacific Rim or Transformers. The plot generally and the themes were far better than Pacific Rim.... but no giant robots...

Anyway I love the fact the animation on the big G has a little nod to the originals, as it still moves slightly like a man in a suit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephro View Post
    Godzilla! King of Monsters!

I hated the bits with humans mostly, but they weren't as outright bad as Pacific Rim or Transformers. The plot generally and the themes were far better than Pacific Rim.... but no giant robots...

Anyway I love the fact the animation on the big G has a little nod to the originals, as it still moves slightly like a man in a suit.
    I like to pretend that after Bryan Cranston got knocked off, he just climbed into a godzilla suit for the rest of the movie.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    For some reason, I watched Gold Diggers of 1933, and it almost makes me consider scratching Musicals from my film blacklist. O Brother Where Art Thou doesn't count!

It really harkens to a bygone era. The amount of innuendo and fanservice rivals the "raunchiest" comedies of today. Worth it for the intro alone, but incredibly, it gets better. The scene that contains the military on rolling walkways is just amazing.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Godzilla was awesomeeeeee!

Gonna see Xmen soon too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    For some reason, I watched Gold Diggers of 1933, and it almost makes me consider scratching Musicals from my film blacklist. O Brother Where Art Thou doesn't count!

It really harkens to a bygone era. The amount of innuendo and fanservice rivals the "raunchiest" comedies of today. Worth it for the intro alone, but incredibly, it gets better. The scene that contains the military on rolling walkways is just amazing.
    You mean this one?

The singer reminds me of Kirsten Dunst.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Firstly, O Brother Where Art Thou shouldn't be on any blacklist.

Secondly, if you're opening up to musicals, I found Hipsters (Stilyagi) quite enjoyable. It's about a group of people in the Americanized jazz subculture in the 1950's USSR. It's an interesting look into a movement that few people who weren't super-attentive at the Sochi opening ceremony have probably ever heard of. It's been a while, but IIRC it has a number of good tunes and a nice mix of tragedy and optimism. I don't remember the story being much to write home about, but it gets the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    You mean this one?
    I was seriously impressed by her pulling off a verse in pig Latin, but I have no idea what she sings there. Anyone?

Also, I've just learnt that it's called "Pig Latin". Before tonight, I knew it as "That thing where you throw around syllables and add -ay".

Also also, yes, she kinda does look like Kirsten Dunst.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Firstly, O Brother Where Art Thou shouldn't be on any blacklist.
    Amen, brother.
    Secondly, if you're opening up to musicals, I found Hipsters (Stilyagi) quite enjoyable. It's about a group of people in the Americanized jazz subculture in the 1950's USSR. It's an interesting look into a movement that few people who weren't super-attentive at the Sochi opening ceremony have probably ever heard of. It's been a while, but IIRC it has a number of good tunes and a nice mix of tragedy and optimism. I don't remember the story being much to write home about, but it gets the job done.
    You learn something new every day. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    You mean this one?

The singer reminds me of Kirsten Dunst.
    That's the one. Kirsten lacks the accent though.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I never actually saw the film, but from reading various articles at the time about Russian mainstream cinema, IIRC Stilyagi came in just before someone in Putin's government (or Medvedev's, maybe, but... y'know) realised a lot of these naughty directors were - gasp! - actually starting to question whether communism was, in fact, the super-duper answer to all of Russia's problems, every time. :( It probably wouldn't be quite as straightforward getting something like that made today.
    I post photos here. I write stories here. I'm on Twitter here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eight Rooks View Post
    I never actually saw the film, but from reading various articles at the time about Russian mainstream cinema, IIRC Stilyagi came in just before someone in Putin's government (or Medvedev's, maybe, but... y'know) realised a lot of these naughty directors were - gasp! - actually starting to question whether communism was, in fact, the super-duper answer to all of Russia's problems, every time. :( It probably wouldn't be quite as straightforward getting something like that made today.
    Probably not. Western propaganda and all that jazz. Which is a shame, because Russia has a habit of spawning some quite interesting works. I'm not saying they're all great, far from it, but they're... I dunno, different.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    X-Men. It must be a decade since I last watched it. Fun, but surprisingly dated.
    X-Men 2, for the first time. It's probably the best superhero movie.

Mystique used to be so hot and awesome. I don't like the new one at all.

X2 is brilliant. A fantastic well rounded movie.
    Sir Ian McKellen steals the movie.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I watched Gold Diggers of 1933, and it almost makes me consider scratching Musicals from my film blacklist.
    Watch Pink Floyd's The Wall movie (although it isn't typical musical).
    And Meet Me In St. Louis with Judy Garland. And Wizard of Oz.
    Damn, now I have urge to rewatch these movies. :x

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Sir Ian McKellen steals the movie.

He steals both movies in fact for a long time I have thought that those movies are not actually about the X-Men at all but about Magneto and his tragic story.

Mystique used to be so hot and awesome. I don't like the new one at all.

Isn't the new Mystique being played by Jennifer Lawrence who is hot and awesome?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I never had fond memories of liking X-2 really. I will have to rewatch I suppose.

I say Jennifer Lawerence > Rebecca Romijn, but the Mystique role seemed to be better used in X1/X2 than First Class. From the previews, Days of Future Past looks like the role is a lot better placed. Will find out this weekend.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Gonna watch new Xmen today :3

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    X-Men: First Class - super-fun, I actually like it more than X2. It's so stylish! It has everything - Austin Powers technology, Kevin Bacon, Michael Ironside, Cuban Crisis, the Kremlin and so on. It even cuts to the black guy when they talk about mutants being enslaved.
    X-Men: Days of Future Past - well, it's good. About as good as X2. Has moments of brilliance and Quicksilver is the best.

First Class and The Wolverine are my favourites in this franchise. Never saw X-Men 3 and Wolverine: Oranges, but I played the game and it's awesome. I don't know what I was smoking last night when I said X2 is probably the best superhero movie. That honor forever belongs to Watchmen.