Page 19 of 133 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Batman Under The Red Hood and Batman Year One,both absolutely amazing animation movies.

Under the Red Hood made me feel weird, actually. Weird in the sence that "why the fuck Batman wouldn't want to kill The Joker?" or "Where did Dick or Tim go? Who's this Todd of which you speak of?"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Those are pretty basic Batman things, so I guess you're not up date with the Bathappenings. ;P
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes - This is a pretty smart blockbuster, that had me on hooks throughout. It really made me feel a lot for the main ape character and was wondering what was going to happen. Also a pretty emotional storyline about dealing with alzeimers and a lot of other good points. Do have to say the usual "You shouldn't unlock some things in science" is a bit grating but easily overlooked. I do have to say, the next door neighbour they had was a bit overly angry at things, I was like man you need a chill pill. All in all very recommended and I'm interested to see if there will be a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes - This is a pretty smart blockbuster, that had me on hooks throughout. It really made me feel a lot for the main ape character and was wondering what was going to happen. Also a pretty emotional storyline about dealing with alzeimers and a lot of other good points. Do have to say the usual "You shouldn't unlock some things in science" is a bit grating but easily overlooked. I do have to say, the next door neighbour they had was a bit overly angry at things, I was like man you need a chill pill. All in all very recommended and I'm interested to see if there will be a sequel.
    Aren't the other apes movies all sequels?
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Just got back from Cabin in the Woods.

See it. It's better than you'd expect.

Aren't the other apes movies all sequels?

Yes technically, but they were saying that they want to have a sequel to this one as well, which makes me think, where could they do with that. Either they have this one as a kind of "reboot" to the franchise or they have some more films in between rise and planet. Though that might make more ridiculous titles.

Not Quite Planet Of The Apes Yet.

Re: Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I found there was somthing about the story that just didn't sit right with me, but I can't remember what it was now. I also feel that they have a massive amount of explaining to do in order to bridge the gap between the end of the movie and the way things pick up in Planet of the Apes, It feels like they didn't go far enough. I guess if they're making more of the Ape films than presumably they'll fill in the blanks?

I just finished watching 'Man on a Ledge'. I found it be an overall enjoy film, the acting was on the mark which helped sell the story. The story it self wasn't anything great, but as far as stories go it wasn't terrible either. Also 'Genesis Rodriguez'.

The story is pretty straight forward, is there room for anything that isn't in the other movies, though?

Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    Just got back from Cabin in the Woods.

See it. It's better than you'd expect.
    Agreed. Saw it this week with the girlfriend. Joss Whedon's influence is clearly apparent in the script and the influences the film draws on. There are some scares and tense moments, and there's also the humour in which Whedon shines at. Truly a good film, and uses the horror genre's cliches to its best.
    Can be found on Steam, Evolve and Eve Online.

(_)

( _)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    The Avengers. I might still be high on the explosions right now, but I have to say that was the best pure action superhero movie I've ever seen! It's like Transformers without the stupid. And the shaky cam. And th- you know what? It's nothing like Transformers.

Spoilers: They killed the shit out of Loki on every single level! First Black Window gets him with the helpless girl playing at war routine, then Stark and Loki have a clash of egos, and then Hulk beats his ass like a dusty carpet. And when the invasion happens there's one long continuous shot as the heroes criss-cross in every direction, and I think I wet my pants when they pulled a 360 shot of the heroes battle-ready in a circle.

New Kids: Nitro (just bought it on the bay, arrr) with english subtitles.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Last night I watched The Machine Girl. It's a hilarious blend of Evil Dead, Dead Alive, Krull and The Mighty Morphing Power Rangers. Well worth a watch.

I particularly liked the Junior High Shuriken Gang in their red track suits.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    The Avengers is awesome and all of you should go and see it right now.

Your wish is my command i'm going to see The Avengers tomorrow, i've heard it's pretty good but don't want to get my hopes up too much.

Also I just watched The Big Lebowski which was weird to say the least, quite funny though and I think I enjoyed it, it was interesting to see it described somehere as a sort of modern take on film noir which I can kind of see

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    The Avengers is better than pretty good, it's funny, smart and true to the comics yet feels fresh and interesting, it's by far and away the best out of all the single hero films that precede it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cable View Post
    Your wish is my command i'm going to see The Avengers tomorrow, i've heard it's pretty good but don't want to get my hopes up too much.

Also I just watched The Big Lebowski which was weird to say the least, quite funny though and I think I enjoyed it, it was interesting to see it described somehere as a sort of modern take on film noir which I can kind of see
    I lost count of how many times I've seen The Big Lebowski, it's one of those movies that doesn't get old.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    I lost count of how many times I've seen The Big Lebowski, it's one of those movies that doesn't get old.
    And gets better with each viewing.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

The Avengers as well, agree it was awesome and surprisingly funny to be honest, it was probably the most entertaining Marvel movie. The surprising stand out character was the Hulk to be honest. Also Nick Fury was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    And gets better with each viewing.
    Still though, TBL pales in comparison with Ground Hog Day.