Page 27 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Warhorse was beautifully shot and brilliantly acted

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Leon: The Professional, waste of time and Gary Oldman.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Leon: The Professional, waste of time.
    Pro trolling.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Or maybe I just don't have a good taste in movies, I donno, sorry.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Any opportunity to watch Gary Oldman chew on the scenery is a Good Thing. He does it so well!
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Speaking of "visual thunder" (and the literal kind, too) did anyone see Moonrise Kingdom? I liked it, but some of the undertones were a little unsettling.
    As a big Wes Anderson fan this one has kind of snuck up on me so I'm really looking forward to going seeing soon

Also have any of our American contingent been to see Brave yet, if so what did you think? I'm rather miffed its not out till the 17th in UK land

Saw Prometheus again (don't ask) and it occurred to me that the David-Shaw relationship is akin to the Ash-Ripley relationship in the original Alien: sexual jealousy/frustration turned predation and all that.

And I really like Theron as Vickers. The notion that she is a robot is ridiculous. The visceral/sexual alien stuff aside, her character and performance were my favourite parts of the film. At least until she got run over. =/

So much wasted potential. Why didn't you just make two different films Mr. Scott?

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Or maybe I just don't have a good taste in movies, I donno, sorry.
    The important thing is to acknowledge your sins.

P.S. Did you see the American cut or the International cut? The latter has additional character material which adds at least a half-star to the rating I think.
    Last edited by Rii; 29-06-2012 at 05:53 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Fantastic Mr Fox - I don't understand why everyone seems to dislike this movie, it is really really good, the stop motion animation is superb and every set and stuff is full of lovely detail and you got some cool speciel effects in it. Have no idea how they did water and smoke like they did. Also it was realitivly funny and charming and even though it probably didn't follow the book I think it did follow the spirit of the book. Maybe it might not be FOR children but i think it is definitly enjoyable whoever.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rii View Post

And I really like Theron as Vickers. The notion that she is a robot is ridiculous. The visceral/sexual alien stuff aside, her character and performance were my favourite parts of the film. At least until she got run over. =/
    FA-THER ruined her for me.

I saw Ironclad:

Needed more nude wenches but it was great otherwise. I almost stopped watching after the first fight because of retarded shaky-cam but the rest of the movie was nowhere near as bad. Paul Giamatti as King John was AMAZING. He delivers a fantastic speech that portrays righteous indignation better than anything else I've ever seen.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Started watching Kill Bill Volume 1,hope its good. LAter on after the Euro 2012 finals i'm going to watch American Beauty,i really like that movie,already saw it twice. Also K-Pax is awesome movie from Kevin Spacey.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Started watching Kill Bill Volume 1,hope its good.
    Unless you're the kind of person who only liked Inglourious Basterds (because it's totally OK to unleash ultra-violence but only if the targets are nazis), you're gonna love that.

The two KBs are IMO some of Tarantino's best.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou ​- Hmm This is an interesting one, it is very talky but the cinematography is really lovely its just a little bit dull. But saying that I was interested in some of the characters and Bill Murrey is always good, also the ending was really really touching and actually made me cry a little bit so I must have been invested in the chaarcters. I do like that Steve Zissou is pretty terrible character with lots of problems but you kind of like him as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Bill Murray's characters are all pretty deeply flawed as of the last 15 years or so. I think it's his way of reconciling his boredom with pure comedy.

Snow White and the Huntsman

All the ingredients were there, and there were occasional hints of greatness, but it was all too MTV. Pity. Now I really want to see this story done right.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Unless you're the kind of person who only liked Inglourious Basterds (because it's totally OK to unleash ultra-violence but only if the targets are nazis), you're gonna love that.

The two KBs are IMO some of Tarantino's best.

Just watched today and movie felt very medicore,it looked like Tarantino just wanted to trow bunch of crap in to a one movie lol. Otherwise i like his Reservoir Dogs,Jack Brownie,Pulp Fiction.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Mediocre?! How could you possibly say that, you must've eaten too many brownies, sir! :) you don't like kung fu movies? those movies are a visual feast and the story is hilariously fantastic, they must be my favorites along with Pulp Fiction.

If you feel that way about KBs, I guess you won't be liking Death Proof much, will you?
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Death Proof was absolutly terrible and frankly boring...robert rodriguez got it right with Planet Terror. Also thought Inglorious Basterds was overlong.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I think that anybody trying to watch Tarantino movies in a vacuum is setting themselves up for disappointment. Jackie Brown, for instance.

You are right,i didn't liked Death Proof,but i liked PLanet Terror! :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Death Proof has one of the most exciting chase scenes ever.
    I agree the first half is kinda shitty but when Kurt Russell looks at the camera and smiles the movie suddenly becomes awesome.