Page 34 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    I actually think that its one of those films that is so so much better then the books, I cannot actually read the books anymore because it is so full of boring interludes and singing...so much singing! I thin Peter Jackson did a real good job editing that book into three really really good movies. And yeah I agree with The Two Towers its probably my favourite now as well just full of interesting scenes and battles.

I think The Two Towers were my least favourite of the three. I don't know, maybe I felt it's just too long winded or too boring. The Return of The King was my most favourite, on the other hand.

Speaking of Tolkien and Peter Jackson, The Hobbit's coming out in November, iirc. Haven't watched the trailer, though
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

NIPPON DOMINATION-log or new playthrough of Shogun 2 in which I may fail miserably and restart several times-log

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    LOTR is overrated dude,OVERRATED!!
    The series of films based on the how-to fantasy bible and which single-handedly revived the fantasy genre is overrated? Do you want to go back to watching Hawk the Slayer and Krull? DO YOU?!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Hey man, Krull rules.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Bugger Krull, and bugger that bladed starfish. All that work for what turned out to be nothing more than a novelty fingernail cleaner.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Just saw new Batman in cinema,mixed feelings. It was way to long,it kinda dragged a little bit in certain places,that twist at the end that Bane is not in charge of operation was stupid,also love romance with catwoman was not fitting..There are few other things that bothered me,overall i would give 7 to the movie.

It's not like it's a last minute surprise crowbarred in: Bankrupting Bruce and having him trust his assets to Talia would have been the only way to find the reactor (Batsy certainly wouldn't talk under torture), but the only excuse for Talia to be involved at all would be because she's in fact leading the operation... or is just another one of Bane's psycho mercenaries. It's a web, Talia has an established involvement from the beginning, and it's impossible to remove her without changing the entire story.

I agree the catwoman romance was very displaced though. He sure got over the other one quickly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    I agree the catwoman romance was very displaced though. He sure got over the other one quickly.
    I don't think 8 years is short time.

Dark Knight spoilers:

It's crowbarred in, in the sense that she doesn't affect the plot at all, apart from adding a minor sense of betrayal. Normally in films, twists occur either a lot earlier, or they're accompanied with something that makes the situation far worse. In this case, all that happens is that Batman gets stabbed (Which he shrugs off pretty much instantly) and then she crashes the truck before dying. She provided the motivation for the plot, sure, but I feel the film would have been no different if she had simply been an ally of Batman. It would have also meant that Bane would have got the ending/death that he fucking deserved, rather than being relegated to a thug with one of the worst deaths in the film.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    I don't think 8 years is short time.
    I'm not talking about that one, although now that you bring it up I wonder what he saw in that shrill harpy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Bakke View Post
    Dark Knight spoilers:It would have also meant that Bane would have got the ending/death that he fucking deserved, rather than being relegated to a thug with one of the worst deaths in the film.
    [Spoiler]It did take a mini-missile launcher to take him out. That's saying something![/spoiler]