Page 43 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I don't know why anyone would've expected Disney's Battle Royale to be good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    The two names don't exactly seem to go together like peanut butter and chocolate, do they?
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    I want to but it has Matthew McConaughey who likes to think he's an cowbow in every movie he's in, which strikes me the wrong way but I'll give it a try anyway because it has Juno Temple in it.
    I doubt you'll feel that way about McConaughey after watching Killer Joe. Dude is a fucking psychopath.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Because of all the praise that was heaped on it by critics.

Watched Irreversible and I saw the Devil the other day.

I thought Irreversible was decent though the spinning camera used during the first twenty minutes made me feel nauseous. I want to think that portraying the events in reverse chronological order was more than a gimmick. Maybe the director showed the events before the tragedy last to make the dramatic irony fill the audience with depressed resignation rather than anger at the subsequent events. Also, I think that the early scene where Pierre brutally finishes off the Tapeworm (spoiler:) would have made the rather intense scene comedic if the audience knew that he had got the wrong fucking guy.I liked this twist though, the fact that they didn't get the real Tapeworm just shows that their actions were worth nothing, it was impossible for the protagonists to reverse what had already happened. Also, their success would have provided the viewer with a sense of closure which wouldn't have gone well with the tone the film was aiming for.

I saw the Devil is worth watching too. It doesn't have much in the way of a plot but there are various themes that it tries to portray.

Watched The Hunger Games too recently. Seems like just a cash-in made quickly so it could be released while the books were still popular.

Just watched The Amazing Spiderman. It wasn't bad, but I'm also not sure I enjoyed it much. Nothing really wrong with it, it just didn't affect me much one way or the other (which I guess means it was better than the older Spiderman movies; those annoyed me a great deal).

I saw Platoon and didn't really enjoy it. Aside from Dafoe, I thought the acting was varying from bland to terrible (especially Charlie Sheen's bleh). And maybe I cought the movie too late, but its themes ideas didn't quite grab/move me as much as the movie hoped they would.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobtree View Post
    Looper entertained me.
    No, you weren't just entertained, you were blown away. You laughed, you cried, you gasped, and you held on to the edge of your seat. Finally, you left the theater full of thoughts in your head that would still take days to properly settle; but you knew your life was changed forever.

..... alright, so maybe I exaggarate a little and it wasn't that great of a movie :|
    Postmortem: one must die- Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation!

Check out my DevBlog for news on the next title!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Watched The Hunger Games too recently. Seems like just a cash-in made quickly so it could be released while the books were still popular.

Just watched The Amazing Spiderman. It wasn't bad, but I'm also not sure I enjoyed it much. Nothing really wrong with it, it just didn't affect me much one way or the other (which I guess means it was better than the older Spiderman movies; those annoyed me a great deal).
    It seems it's still difficult to capture the true spiderman vibe on screen, but they're getting there slowly.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Lesser Hivemind Node
    They already perfected it in Spiderman 2.

I doubt you'll feel that way about McConaughey after watching Killer Joe. Dude is a fucking psychopath.
    Alright, dude did a pretty good job.

Not sure what to think of the movie though and was up with the ending, things went crazy.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    They already perfected it in Spiderman 2.
    Completely agreed. Spiderman 2 is brilliant. I was rewatching bits of it last night. I can't believe somewhat younger me used to be so oblivious to giant ham.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Frailty from 2001,quite unknown movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Because of all the praise that was heaped on it by critics.

Watched Irreversible and I saw the Devil the other day.e fact that they didn't get the real Tapeworm just shows that their actions were worth nothing, it was impossible for the protagonists to reverse what had already happened. Also, their success would have provided the viewer with a sense of closure which wouldn't have gone well with the tone the film was aiming fo
    I saw the Devil is worth watching too. It doesn't have much in the way of a plot but there are various themes that it tries to portray.
    I Saw The Devil is a great movie. love me some Korean movies and this is one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Alright, dude did a pretty good job.

Not sure what to think of the movie though and was up with the ending, things went crazy.
    I'm glad you thought ol' Matthew did a good job. i really don't like him at all but after killer joe, i doubt he'll keep up that kind of performance as i'm sure the director is mostly responsible for that. and i liked the ending, it was crazy and it left the last part open so you can kinda imagine for yourself what happened. i've always liked that kind of ending.
    Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Frailty from 2001,quite unknown movie.
    Hudson, er, Paxton's directorial debut. I quite liked it.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Koobazaur View Post
    I saw Platoon and didn't really enjoy it. Aside from Dafoe, I thought the acting was varying from bland to terrible (especially Charlie Sheen's bleh). And maybe I cought the movie too late, but its themes ideas didn't quite grab/move me as much as the movie hoped they would.
    "You just don't get it do you?... you just don't fuckin get it"

:P

Yellowbrickroad - I probably wouldn't have even noticed this, given its 2-star rating on Netflix, but I saw an article about it somewhere and the frequent comments on how "unsettling" it was made me curious. It lifts a lot of elements - and atmosphere - from House of Leaves, but ultimately falls well short of that superior horror tale. It started out well enough, with characters and plot surprisingly palpable for a horror movie, but whether due to lack of funding, experience or writing prowess ends up circling vaguely in on its unsatisfying conclusion. I usually don't mind a slow burn, but I expect some kind of payoff at the end... Yellowbrickroad just doesn't deliver. Would not recommend.
    Last edited by sabrage; 01-11-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Obscure Node
    I watched latelly Shutter Island.

Boardwalk Empire- the best show ever. Scorsese shows us again his greatness.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Hudson, er, Paxton's directorial debut. I quite liked it.

That twist at the end that the little brother is alive,and good.. And he can trully see bad in other people's same as his dad ..kudos to Paxton,good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bus View Post
    I watched latelly Shutter Island.
    This was a good movie, almost as good as the book, though i enjoyed the book much more. the ending is very good and it was just better to read it than to see it i guess.
    Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker

Quote Originally Posted by doctor_roxo View Post
    This was a good movie, almost as good as the book, though i enjoyed the book much more. the ending is very good and it was just better to read it than to see it i guess.
    It was a good movie but a bit predictable.

Just saw Mr. Bond's latest outing, Skyfall at the cinema and I was very impressed. It's the best of the Daniel Craig Bond films so far, in my opinion.

Javier Bardem is a terrific villain, and there are great performances all round from the cast. Won't say any more for risk of spoilers, but if you were at all disappointed with Quantum of Solace, this should set things right.