Page 73 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2813
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Saw Man of Steel. It's ridiculous without realising it or intending to be.

The baddies are space nazies in skeleton outfits and the main enemy looks like Fred Durst as a 50 year old.

Never seen a film before which uses so much of the dialogue to explain what's going on, just in case you couldn't follow it.

If you like people smashing each other through buildings for an hour while coming out with dialogue as good as "There's only one way this ends; either you die, or I do", without a hint of it all recognising how silly it is (ala The Avengers) I suppose it must be a hell of a film, because there's fuck loads of both

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Poor guy. I'm watching True Romance tonight, so The Grandmasters is gonna have to wait. Might follow up with the Jack Lemmon/Edward James Olmos made-for-TV adaptation of 12 Angry Men tomorrow.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I watched End of Watch and was [spoiler]tearing up at the end. The endings to these kinds of stories always resonate with something deep within me. Though I am not a cop and don't associate with any, this movie feels like it could represent an authentic LAPD experience. I found it notable that the female cop duo was really only around to clean up after the two male cops. Anna Kendrick is always a pleasure to watch as well, even though her role in this movie is kinda limited. I'd definitely recommend this one.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I like this tribute: http://www.joe.ie/pic-of-the-day/gre...opranos-scene/

Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Went to see Man of Steel.

I enjoyed it. Like all Zack Synder's movies, it was a crap plot but my god was it a sight to behold. Train, to the face.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Thought plot was adequate actually, about on par with the avengers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Yeah it was what I expected, just most of the people I know who are saying it's a crap movie are blaming the plot. These people were expecting too much. And you're right, it's plot is certainly on par with the avengers
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

People just like to moan and think belittling a plot of an action film makes them look super intellectual. Same goes for the anti popular game hipsters.
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

On which note TRON - Legacy was far better than the original in every way.

Not seen that, then again I never liked the original either.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopig View Post
    People just like to moan and think belittling a plot of an action film makes them look super intellectual. Same goes for the anti popular game hipsters.
    You say that as if action movies can't have good plots, when many of the better ones do. A good plot will usually denote a good structure and that's pivotal in anything. I thought the plot of Star Trek into Darkness was filled with holes. If they were fixed, the film would be a lot better. The Avengers worked so well because the plot, whilst light, was tight, focused and paced extremely well. There's nothing wrong with enjoying a popcorn flick and just soaking it in, but I don't think it's wrong to criticise films because something they did restricted them from being better. There'll obviously be exceptions, but it is a valid complaint.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Not seen the new Star Trek yet, but I never really like the last one much. I generally don't like JJ Abrams films though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Saw Super last night.

Actually a pretty decent film, but it, like Kick-ass, suffered too much from trying to be gory and edgey. That being said, it actually had good acting (at least, compared to the cast of Kick-ass), so it was still quite enjoyable.

Of the three "Person becomes comic book superhero to fight crime in a realistic world" movies of the past few years, I still think Defendor was the best. All three movies (well, comic as well for Kick-ass, whatever) consider the social ramifications of sucha n action, but Defendor was the only one to truly focus on what would drive a person to do that in the first place (Kick-ass: He was a bored douche bag. Super: He was batpoop insane and wanted to protect someone he cared about).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    I think if movie blockbusters are going to be 2 and a half hours long you definitely need a good plot that is quite engaging and works at least.

Not every film needs to be a good plot. There will be blood.... acclaimed film nominated for awards. Most boring drawn out film ever.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopig View Post
    Not every film needs to be a good plot. There will be blood.... acclaimed film nominated for awards. Most boring drawn out film ever.
    And here you struck me as a Béla Tarr fan.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Cloud Atlas

I admire the ambition of the Wachowski's & Tom Tykwer to actually attempt to film the book (it strikes me a HBO TV mini series would of been a better vehicle given the novels complexity), but they're hampered by their dogged insistence in reusing all of their actors in myriad roles through out each of the time periods the story-line takes place in and it just doesn't work that well in reality, Vs looking incredibly jarring and taking you out of the scene because regardless of how much make up they plaster on people their racial physiology still comes through (Halle Berry & Doona Bae in white face both look awkward and the Caucasians as future Koreans is just...off). They're also not helped by Doona Bae's unfortunately incomprehensible English accent, or a strict adherence to the post fall cant that futuristic Tom Hanks & Halle Berry converse in (which was hard enough to unravel in the books, let alone try and digest on the fly).

On the positives it's a visually impressive film, and well constructed in terms of interweaving the related narratives, just unfortunately let down by some ill considered decisions. If you've read the book then you'll probably enjoy it to a degree (although they do take some broad liberties in that regard), but I'd imagine if you're unfamiliar with the book you might well be perplexed by the whole affair.
    Last edited by Kadayi; 21-06-2013 at 09:12 PM.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Saw Man of Steel. It's ridiculous without realising it or intending to be.

The baddies are space nazies in skeleton outfits and the main enemy looks like Fred Durst as a 50 year old.

Never seen a film before which uses so much of the dialogue to explain what's going on, just in case you couldn't follow it.

If you like people smashing each other through buildings for an hour while coming out with dialogue as good as "There's only one way this ends; either you die, or I do", without a hint of it all recognising how silly it is (ala The Avengers) I suppose it must be a hell of a film, because there's fuck loads of both
    Did we just... watched the same movie? I mean, there a hell lot more boring flat dialogues but the fights were bare in here, even if they are awesome
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Life of Pi. Also knows as the Madagascar live acton movie.

Loved it, beautiful scenes exhaustingfor the emotions. I always get teary eyed when animals are in peril.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    And here you struck me as a Béla Tarr fan.
    That reminds me; I should really get around to watching The Turin Horse.