Page 77 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 2853
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Lockout: It's Die Hard in space and actually kind of awesome.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Just watched Red 2. I was a big fan of the first (and the comic, but obviously for very different things as the two have nothing in common).

This time around the plot was a lot weaker and I have a feeling that a lot of the jokes may have been WAY too dark for normal people (I, of course, found them hilarious) but I really enjoyed it. The action was quite good, and it was probably one of the funniest movies in recent years.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Obscure Node
    I'm looking forward to seeing Red 2 (I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to the first/comic), the trailer looked fun and having John Malkovitch as an LSD-fed CIA operative back on screen is just wonderful.

This is one of those days which I wished that I'm at the theatres now, watching Red 2.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I was just cooking and there it was,Tomb Raider movie on tv,don't ask me which one. I just cought scene where she is swimming you know and suddenly there are sharks around here. So what does she do ? She punched this one shark in the head and drove off on him haha o.O

I even found pic :D

A Field in England: It begs the question of what the studios are doing with the other $120 million, if Wheatley can fashion a colossus like Field out of some grass and the remnants of an old prop closet. He's sort of like MacGuyver, except instead of MacGuffins he makes blisteringly original art-house oddballs.

Shit way to find out you have epilepsy, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Because they don't film them in fields for one thing. A bit of a price difference between asking a farmer can they use his land for a week and asking NYC can they shut down a street for a few hours to get one shot take.

Still want to see that one though, it looks interesting as hell.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    A bit of a price difference between asking a farmer can they use his land for a week and asking NYC can they shut down a street for a few hours to get one shot take.
    Invariably, rather than face the shame of rejection, [the studio] will seek the familiar comfort of computers.

And even computers are more expensive than fields. I wouldn't be surprised if a digital rendering of NYC costs almost as much as the real thing. Remember all that drama around the time of the Oscars when the digital art guys where speaking out against how they don't get the credit they deserve for the movies they help make (look at Life of Pi here) and that even to save money, they're being undercut by lower quality studios in developing countries.

But really I'd say the ultimate reason was that it's story and location didn't call for anything high tech and a short filming time (about two weeks). I haven't seen it like I said, but I've heard great things about it so I suppose to it's credit it shows that an entertaining story can be told on a shoestring budget.

Hell, the first Paranormal Activity was made on a budget of $15,000. It was by no means a great story, but it was a pretty good scary movie compared to the budgets of some other horror movies that don't achieve near as much.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

But really I'd say the ultimate reason was that it's story and location didn't call for anything high tech and a short filming time (about two weeks). I haven't seen it like I said, but I've heard great things about it so I suppose to it's credit it shows that an entertaining story can be told on a shoestring budget.
    It's almost as if you can write a good enough script and nobody will care how it's shot.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    It's almost as if you can write a good enough script and nobody will care how it's shot.
    Are you really implying that graphics don't matter?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Yeah im getting to the point where i want interesting adult stories like Candleabra and A Field In Englandand if they can get sucessful through the new digital storefronts and release they can go far.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    The Wolverine is OK. I really liked his alien-looking Japanese sidekick.

That chick creeps me the hell out.

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    I will probably have to watch Burn After Reading but I don't have high hopes since when it was on TV I was very much bored with it the first 10 minutes and didn't really see that it was that funny.
    Aww man, Burn After Reading is one of my favorite movies, probably my favorite out of the Coen bunch. Tackles on a lot of interesting issues while maintaing a biazzare/surreal atmosphere with excellent acting!
    Postmortem: one must die- Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation!

Check out my DevBlog for news on the next title!

Quote Originally Posted by Koobazaur View Post
    Aww man, Burn After Reading is one of my favorite movies, probably my favorite out of the Coen bunch. Tackles on a lot of interesting issues while maintaing a biazzare/surreal atmosphere with excellent acting!
    Much like Nolan, even Coen worst is still pretty damn entertaining. Hell, The Ladykillers made me laugh and it had a Wayans in it. A Wayans, Koobazaur. What hath Coen wrought?!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar

I will always try to give things a second chance and I didn't really get into it as I said so a re-watch is in order since I did get the DVD for my birthday from another Coen Brothers fan so I definitly will see. Blade Runner I hated first watch and now its one of my favourite movies so it can happen

Much like Nolan, even Coen worst is still pretty damn entertaining. Hell,
    The Ladykillers made me laugh and it had a Wayans in it. A Wayans, Koobazaur. What hath Coen wrought?!

I apologize for what I have brought it. But what are Wayans? never heard of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    [/B]
    I will always try to give things a second chance and I didn't really get into it as I said so a re-watch is in order since I did get the DVD for my birthday from another Coen Brothers fan so I definitly will see. Blade Runner I hated first watch and now its one of my favourite movies so it can happen
    Hmm interesting. I was quite underwhelmed with Blade Runner too (watched it way past the hayday). Maybe should give it another go too?
    Postmortem: one must die- Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation!

Check out my DevBlog for news on the next title!

Quote Originally Posted by Koobazaur View Post
    But what are Wayans? never heard of it...

Network Hub
    That chick creeps me the hell out.
    NO JOKE!! Her head already seems strangely wide, and the ultra-straight bangs across her forehead only made it worse!