Page 84 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 3019
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Pacific Rim - Medicore movie.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    Pacific Rim was shit. As an intelligent person.

However. Cut anything to do with relationships between pilots, science or anything to do with 2 pilots sharing minds...
    I.e. just the robot fights.. It's fucking brilliant.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Yep. Pacific Rim was(is?) the ultimate popcorn movie summer block buster.

Massive robots, massive monsters, massive fights. Look great on screen, had a great sound track and had great fights. Didn't outstay it's welcome and didn't even try convince you it was smarter than it was. All the science stuff was just pretty much glossed over rather than spending long scenes trying to explain it. Less talky more smashy and we got more smashy.

If Godzilla is half as good an action movie as PR I'll be chuffed.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Its not bad movie for sure but somehow i felt disappointed at how it ended. It was quite cliche. I liked russian robot design,others were nice to but the monsters didn't have same affect for me,they look kinda lame,quickly designed. Not cgi but the design,cgi was quite good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    *sploosh*

/10char
    I must be the only person who remembers the '98 version. Never again.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Saturday matinee! Or, more precisely, needing to watch a film in the afternoon and then watching another in the evening with pizza. The latter was The Adjustment Bureau, starring Matt Damon and Emily Blunt's breasts. Also, Emily Blunt. Unfortunately a few sequences near the end of the film have her in a dress that doesn't really suit running around in and there's a noticeable amount of jiggle. That aside, it's a pretty good film. Quite surprising, actually. It goes from making you think it's going to be a bit of a weird conspiracy theory film to something pretty different. There's a good few holes in it and it's not completely cohesive or reasonable, but it's a pretty good watch if you're looking for something easy that will exceed expectations.

The former was Stardust, a film I was interested in when it came out but never got round to seeing for whatever reason. And it's great! As in, legitimately, really good fun. It doesn't take itself too seriously, has a very English sense about it and is a really well done take on the classic fairy tale story. Good imagery, ideas etc. all meshed together and whilst it isn't exactly original, it's just a good ride to the finish line. It's basically a more cynical Princess Bride, which I'm perfectly fine with. It also stars some very pretty people in.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    I'll start my animé binge soon, but yesterday I saw The Untouchables and I found it absolutely dreadful. The soundtrack is amazing(Morricone) and the wardrobe and cars are very well made, but the resst is abshulute garbache. Shaun Connery ish on of the the worsht offendersh.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Shaun Connery ish on of the the worsht offendersh.
    I'm more fond of The Untouchable than you are, but there's no denying that Sean Connery's Irish accent is horrendous. Strangely enough he won an Academy Award for his performance in this film.

What's even stranger is that Wikipedia apparently has a list of film accents considered the worst ever. Now I have the sudden urge to rewatch Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Nobody else saw Gravity?
    It's one of the best movies I've ever seen. As an experience it's up there with Avatar and The Hobbit in HFR. I'm going to watch it a couple more times while it's still in cinemas.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    I'm more fond of The Untouchable than you are, but there's no denying that Sean Connery's Irish accent is horrendous. Strangely enough he won an Academy Award for his performance in this film.
    An Oscar for that, there is no god. Maybe he was "due"?
    Kevin Costner has two entries in that list and he is also on Untouchables. Coincidence? I think NOT.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    The former was Stardust, a film I was interested in when it came out but never got round to seeing for whatever reason. And it's great! As in, legitimately, really good fun. It doesn't take itself too seriously, has a very English sense about it and is a really well done take on the classic fairy tale story. Good imagery, ideas etc. all meshed together and whilst it isn't exactly original, it's just a good ride to the finish line. It's basically a more cynical Princess Bride, which I'm perfectly fine with. It also stars some very pretty people in.
    Stardust is a really fantastic film, and the comparison to Princess Bride is quite apt. I think it did a better job of balancing its tone than Princess Bride, too - its darker moments were much more effective.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Nobody else saw Gravity?
    It's one of the best movies I've ever seen. As an experience it's up there with Avatar and The Hobbit in HFR. I'm going to watch it a couple more times while it's still in cinemas.
    I plan on watching it later this week as I am interested in all things space related.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    White House Down. It feels about an hour too long and the rest isn't really that interesting either.

I saw Gravity today and I think it's the Crysis of the film world. Technically impressive, but nothing groundbreaking. It's not bad, mind you, but I don't think it deserves such hype.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    Yesterday I saw Rush which was great.

However I just finished watching Requiem For A Dream..... fuck.

Obscure Node
    I'm gonna watch some fucking German expressionism because I'm a right cultured little bastard. Something about some Italian with a dodgy cupboard. Might be alright. Cabinet of Dr Caligari whatever, just organise the shelving a bit better you dumb greaseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephro View Post
    ASS TO ASS!

Ahem.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephro View Post
    It loses some of its impact when one realizes what a preachy hyperbole it is.

It is a beautiful hyperbole, though.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Nobody else saw Gravity?
    I saw this but have no idea what it was about. Then again, I have no idea what Children of Men was getting at either.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Argo - Pretty good thriller holds your attention the plot is good and it is bloody tense at the end. I do find it funny that it uses as its we have all done a good job hug after they say we have entered american airspace you can have a drink kind of shows you what the filmmakers think. Throughout I was thinking why just those 6 people I know it might have been impossible to rescue them all but it seemed like those 6 were pretty damn lucky