Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lesser Hivemind Node DigitalSignalX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman Jim Stacey View Post
    You literally dream up game designs?

Must be in the genes. My dreams are all a bunch of random nonsense.
    It doesn't happen often, but yea I actually do dream about games I've played, or create ones that I would like to. Most of times though, it's cheerleaders selling cookies and falling off cliffs like everyone else.
    All times I have enjoyed greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those that loved me, and alone.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    If he was the developer, why wouldn't he just come out and say it? The game looks interesting enough, no reason to give the man the third degree for wanting to share it.
    I think it would be fine too. I make indie games as well but I never started a new thread just to promote them, I only keep a simple link in the signature.
    if you like manga, RPG and dating sims, check my indie computer games

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Maybe we should have a Sticky thread "Tell us about new game X". That way legit forum goers could post links to things they find, and shameless devs would have a thread to post in (start a new one instead = delete + ban). The RPS guys could even use it to see if there's anything interesting that they haven't found by other means.

It's not necessarily a bad thing that we get these sorts of threads semi-regularly from people with little-to-no post history, but it is annoying when a) they try and pretend that they aren't devs (see CrazyEthan's thread), and b) they obviously have no interest in fostering any sort of dialogue about their game but simply want to get people clicking links.
    Already we've seen in this thread that some members of the community are over it, so a catch-all Sticky thread could be a good option.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Lesser Hivemind Node TillEulenspiegel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TailSwallower View Post
    b) they obviously have no interest in fostering any sort of dialogue about their game but simply want to get people clicking links.
    That's the important part, IMO. I'm definitely interested in talking to people about the stuff they're making, like that guy with the Minecraft-y game. There's a pretty clear line between drive-by spam and someone who takes the time to engage with the community in a meaningful way.

I'm sorry I seem to have caused such confusion. If I was the developer I simply would have said so. but I'm honestly just a guy who liked the concept, and decided to put his money where his post is, and would like to see it succeed.

Obscure Node
    Hi, I'm the developer for this game. This thread is freaking hilarious!
    Disill, thanks for the shout-out. Either these guys are trolling you hard or are seriously cynical. Then again you aren't convincing anyone by being defensive. Hell, I didn't believe you for a second there. ;)

@Nalano: Kickstarter too hipster for you? What do you call someone who hates something just because other people like it?
    @outoffeelinsobad: Oh man, the game didn't freeze, the pause button for the game is "Tab". Didn't think about people ctrl-tabbing or alt-tabbing. Serious oversight, will need to fix it.
    @sabrage: Yup. Funny thing, logic.
    @DigitalSignalX: Something that you said reminded me of the Milkman level in Psychonauts. (Dream+selling cookies+cliffs).
    @TailSwallower and @TillEulenspiegel: Ask away if you have any questions. I'm all for talking to you guys and starting a dialog.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSignalX View Post
    It doesn't happen often, but yea I actually do dream about games I've played, or create ones that I would like to. Most of times though, it's cheerleaders selling cookies and falling off cliffs like everyone else.
    Cheerleaders falling off cliffs is pretty random.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
    @Nalano: Kickstarter too hipster for you? What do you call someone who hates something just because other people like it?
    It's too hipster in the sense that it allows people to gain loans without collateral, not unlike how hipsters tend to want to earn money without effort.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Activated Node
    I admit I'm pretty retarded when it comes to new games, but I don't get what the hell is going on when trying this one. :(

I start, alone in the platform, and I see some weird blue-caped man. I walk to him and he suddenly disappears. Then I read the on-screen tip that I should left click the blocks but... I don't see facing and clicking a block has any effect. Or standing up close to it. All different types and sizes of block.

WTH am I supposed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    It's too hipster in the sense that it allows people to gain loans without collateral, not unlike how hipsters tend to want to earn money without effort.
    So the Prince's Trust is too hipster? What on earth are you talking about?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousOrange View Post
    So the Prince's Trust is too hipster? What on earth are you talking about?
    Kickstarter is not a charity, and the folks on it are not underprivileged youths.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Obscure Node
    @DarioSamo: Okay, that's a bug. Some people's machines don't seem to like Unity engine physics. I've heard of that exact same thing happening to other people, but have been completely unable to replicate it. Would like to get a video of this happening sometime.
    What OS and browser are you using? Are you using the stand-alone? Any details that you can give would be a big help, because this bug seems to be pretty unreasonable.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
    @DarioSamo: Okay, that's a bug. Some people's machines don't seem to like Unity engine physics. I've heard of that exact same thing happening to other people, but have been completely unable to replicate it. Would like to get a video of this happening sometime.
    What OS and browser are you using? Are you using the stand-alone? Any details that you can give would be a big help, because this bug seems to be pretty unreasonable.
    Oh so it's a bug then? Here I was thinking I was just retarded. :P

I will get a video later today(gotta go to an exam atm), I'm on Windows XP SP3, using the stand-alone exe. Other unity games have worked on the past for me(Sonic Fan Remix). AMD Athlon x2 3.0 ghz BE OC, ATI Radeon HD 6870, 2GB DDR2 RAM.

Activated Node
    Double posting for notifying Acheron, I just tried the game today and it worked. So I can't record the bug. D:<

What's interesting tho, is that I bought a new Xbox 360 pad today, and I just plugged it in replacing the old generic controller... I don't know if it's related? I play with mouse+keyboard anyway.

Obscure Node
    Interesting. If you unplug the controller and use the generic one are things messed up again? Perhaps there is some kind of conflict between the input devices. I programmed the game to support Xbox 360 controllers. I think that this could be the root of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarioSamo View Post
    Double posting for notifying Acheron, I just tried the game today and it worked. So I can't record the bug. D:<

What's interesting tho, is that I bought a new Xbox 360 pad today, and I just plugged it in replacing the old generic controller... I don't know if it's related? I play with mouse+keyboard anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Kickstarter is not a charity, and the folks on it are not underprivileged youths.
    The Princes Trust isn't for "underprivileged youths". Its for people without the funds to, lets say 'kickstart' their business. Some of which happen to be underprivileged.

I am particularly opposed to your views on this because it enabled my partner to start her business. It was a loan without collateral, which you oppose.
    Last edited by CuriousOrange; 05-12-2011 at 01:52 AM.