Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Network Hub

Solium Infernum: Better the devil you know

Hey folks. Seems like my timing is really bad, a lot of SI games have started and I missed the boat. So maybe we can form up a new group in this thread and kick off a new game?

E
    =====
    OK so far we got:
    1. Easy (me) - Hosting GMT+1
    2. baboonanza
    3. Dolphan
    4. duff
    5 and 6. TimA x2

Will be playing on v 1.07c. Please make sure you have dropbox installed (referred link). And PM me your email.

Also, reply with your votes for game settings by bolding your preferred option:

Options (defaults in bold):
    Map Size: Choose between 12/14/16 hex width. Height is always 12.
    Map Type: Picks between major map features. Great Rivers tends to be more open. Acheron's Locks has many small areas. Dante's peak has a large mountain and chasms to channel conflict. The Lake of Fire is also open, but adds a special place of power, The Palace on the Lake of Fire, which grants +1 order slot, in addition to prestige.
    Place of Power: None, Rare, Uncommon or Common. Determines the number of places of power that will be generated. Public objectives and the Lake of Fire can override the None value.
    Game Length: Determines number of tokens to be drawn to end the game (10/15/20/25). You can estimate a turn length of 4x the number of tokens.

I've created a shared dropbox folder called SI_PBEM. For those of you who've already sent me your email you will shortly receive a shared folder invite thingy (site seems to be down right now). Also check the wiki to understand how files are exchanged http://goo.gl/ra7bF

Don't know how busy your lives are, but let's all aim to play a turn 5 days a week. If we can hit 7 days, bonus!

And I have to thank previous SI players for having all this info handy.
    Last edited by Easy; 05-11-2011 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Adding potential players

Network Hub
    I'll be up for a game as long as I'm not hosting (since I'm running 2 already). I'd love to try out the new update.

If this doesn't get any responses for people thinking it's an already-established game, see if a shout for more players works in here:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...iplayer-thread

Threads like that really need a sticky.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Network Hub
    Haven't played for a good year or so, would definitely be up for getting back to it - count me in.

I could be interested aswell.

Network Hub
    Thanks Ian. Yeah stickies would be awesome, or a sub-forum.

Ok so that's four of us, two more and we're ready to rock.

I can host if everyone is kind and patient since it is my first time. I've updated to the last version, 1.07c I think, so I guess we should all do the same?

We'll do the Dropbox thing to exchange turn files, seems to be a well oiled workflow judging from other groups.

Really looking forward to this!
    Last edited by Easy; 01-11-2011 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Cuz I can't spell

Network Hub
    Ok, I'm patched up to 1.07c and ready to go whenever.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Silly question but how do you grab the patches? I'm still on 1.06b and can't see a patcher :-)

Network Hub
    Over 'ere http://www.crypticcomet.com/blog/?cat=13

Download and overwrite the files as per Vic's instructions.

Obscure Node
    Well, I might be interested, but I'm wondering about the skill/prior experience of the other players. This would be my first true multiplayer game, and I have no clue about designing a winning character.

Network Hub
    This is only my third MP game and the other 2 haven't even finished yet.

I vote for trying the new map type, Great Divide (I think). Everything else on default.

PM sent with my email.

Network Hub
    I think it's Infernal Divide, and I'd vote for that + defaults too. Are we going for turning the new expansion content on? I'd like to try it. Will PM my email.

Alehks - I've played three multiplayer games, well over a year ago, and all with the same build. Don't feel too threatened! I've just been reading the manual to try and remember how the game actually works ...

Are there still two slots free? If so, my girlfriend and I would be interested in joining. I could get her to register here and PM her email later this evening (running on GMT), if that would be ok.

Easy - I'm in if you'll have me.

Network Hub
    Ok you evil scheming minions :)

@duff: of course, we'll have you. I wasn't sure because in your initial answer you said " I could be...". So, you're in.
    @Alekhs: this is my first MP game and my second game overall. I fully expect to die a horrible death. You want in?
    @TimA: If Alekhs confirms we only have one slot left. If not, then both you and girlfriend are welcome.

In case you missed my first post, we're playing latest build 1.07c

I'm on GMT+1 time zone.
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

Network Hub
    Anyone confirming on those last two slots? Alehks doesn't look like he's come back on the forum since that post - I'd say we should go with anyone who's happy to jump in and go?

Network Hub
    I've sent off a couple of PM. Let's give him a chance :)

But yes if there are any takers out there please make yourselves know, I'll open up the slots again tomorrow if I don't hear back.
    Find me on Steam

Network Hub
    (silence) ok TimA looks like Alekhs has gone AWOL. Please confirm asap and PM me both email addresses.
    Find me on Steam

Network Hub
    Ok people, we're good to go. I'll be sending first game file so you can all sign up your fiendish demon lord. Keep an eye on your dropbox folder.
    Find me on Steam

Network Hub
    Ok folks, the deed is done, game crated, please grab the .inv files from the dropbox and put them in your _NewGameStarts folder (default folder path is C:\Users\xxx\Documents\SoliumInfernumGame\MultiPla yerSaves\_NewGameStarts)

Next steps:

1. Fire-up SI, go to Multiplayer, Load Game and pick the game from the list (BetterDevil). Pick the avatar you want to use.

2. This should create a new folder with a PlayerName.trn file inside. Drop that file in the appropriate subfolder in our dropbox.

3. Once I have all your files I will be able to create the game and send you an updated .sav file at which point we can all start our first turn.
    Find me on Steam