Thread: Netrunners?

Activated Node

Netrunners?

Are there any other Netrunner players on here? What IDs do you play? What's your favourite card?
    Last edited by Dilapinated; 17-06-2015 at 05:50 PM.
    Planetside 2 (Miller): [Dilapinated (VS), TraitorDilapin (NC), TRilapinated (TR)]

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Fuck Blue Sun.

I play in Dublin. I've always liked the Anarchs and as much as I think Valencia and MaxX are fun to play I keep going back to Noise. I'm a little uninterested in corp right now though. They're just not fun to play. They are very cookie cutter. It's either RP or Blue Sun or some form of FA. I spoke to a friend about it and he reckons it's because so much of your deck is already decided for you right away, so you don't get much variety in it or cool ways to try win.

I try to avoid looking at spoilers. It's a peeve of mine that FFG spoil cards so far ahead of release because it leads to people talking too much about what's coming and what ideas they're going to play in months time as opposed to the current meta.

I've played before on Octgn but I dislike it a lot and I probably haven't played on it since Creation and Control was released.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    It's a peeve of mine that FFG spoil cards so far ahead of release because it leads to people talking too much about what's coming and what ideas they're going to play in months time as opposed to the current meta.

I would say this isn't really FFGs fault a lot of the time, its the fault of the "spoilers" you get text spoilers and sometimes photo spoilers of packs way ahead of time and so everyone talks about them, I feel FFG is actually quite conservative when it comes to spoilers tbh.

I play in the London Meta by the way, have bounced off OCTGN a few times because it makes me feel a noob.

I'm currently experimenting with my decks at the moment, going with an Argus Security as Corp, slowly learning that the way to work it out is Score as an A plan and Kill as a B plan. HB I'm going for a more glacier build.

I spoke to a friend about it and he reckons it's because so much of your deck is already decided for you right away, so you don't get much variety in it or cool ways to try win.

I have a feeling tournaments are just to focused on getting the most consistent deck that plays and wins, especially with Corp so obviously RP and FA and Blue Sun would win. But there are a few that change the meta and just play their own thing. Just look at Quinns with his Gagarin, or the few peeps that are bringing Industrial Genomics to Tournaments. Just because a deck is Great doesn't mean other decks can't be great,

To much Pre Paid Kate on the runners side though.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    I have a feeling tournaments are just to focused on getting the most consistent deck that plays and wins, especially with Corp so obviously RP and FA and Blue Sun would win. But there are a few that change the meta and just play their own thing. Just look at Quinns with his Gagarin, or the few peeps that are bringing Industrial Genomics to Tournaments. Just because a deck is Great doesn't mean other decks can't be great,

To much Pre Paid Kate on the runners side though.[/COLOR]
    Ahh, I love Industrial Genomics, though my version really isn't tournament tier (Glacier Caprice + GRNDL Refinery) it's a lot of fun to play. It's one of those great identities where there are multiple valid playstyles, as I've seen people play it PE-style (at least, before O&C came out..) quite successfully too. On the runner side I'm taking a break from Leela to try out Au Revoir with Chaos Theory.
    Planetside 2 (Miller): [Dilapinated (VS), TraitorDilapin (NC), TRilapinated (TR)]