Retro gaming convetion in northeast England, June 20-21 2015

Hi folks,

Apparently there's a retro gaming convention called Back to the NERG (north-east retro gaming), which will be held in June in Gateshead, just south of Newcastle in the UK. It's been going for a couple of years, but as I only moved here recently, this is the first I've heard about it. I'm not in any way affiliated, just thought it might be of interest to some of ye here. They promise pinball tables, arcade cabinets and "computer consoles".

I can't find an official site that isn't Facebook, but they're on Twitter @nergofficial and on a pinball-focused site here.

If anyone decides to come and wants to meet for a coffee, feel free to get in touch.

Edit: Gah, apologies for the typo in the thread title.
    Last edited by Pertusaria; 03-01-2015 at 11:24 PM.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    Hi folks,

Apparently there's a retro gaming convention called Back to the NERG (north-east retro gaming), which will be held in June in Gateshead, just south of Newcastle in the UK. It's been going for a couple of years, but as I only moved here recently, this is the first I've heard about it. I'm not in any way affiliated, just thought it might be of interest to some of ye here. They promise pinball tables, arcade cabinets and "computer consoles".

I can't find an official site that isn't Facebook, but they're on Twitter @nergofficial and on a pinball-focused site here.

If anyone decides to come and wants to meet for a coffee, feel free to get in touch.

Edit: Gah, apologies for the typo in the thread title.
    NERG is an annual event as far as I know, I attended the last one with some friends. Honestly, we had mixed feelings. Most of the popular games had silly queues and lot of the arcade machines had breakdowns, they're obviously all hacked so you don't have to insert coins, but without the challenge of ekeing out your moneys worth a lot of the thrill is gone.

Upsides - lots of pinball machines, if pinball is your thing its worth a look. The console collection was pretty impressive, lots of rare consoles and the queues to try them out were quite short. Also if you're into merchandise, and collecting, there's quite a lot on sale.

It also had to worst cosplay competition I've ever seen (it was won by some guy in what looked like a green gimp suit, our best guess was Abe from Abe's Odyssey).
    Last edited by Jockie; 06-01-2015 at 11:22 AM.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter