View Poll Results: What game you want to get first on the PC?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Red Dead Redention (pick this one, in a unbiased way, don't feel forced by me)

23 50.00%
  • Destiny (Wrong option)

13 28.26%
  • Last of us (Wrong option)

10 21.74%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Destiny is nothing you will miss

I have played Destiny on a PS4, and while I would like to have the game on the PC, I don't think is a all bad that it start on consoles.

First thing, the so called "Alpha", is mostly a 4 hours demo. The game is very polished and is really pretty, but feel very shallow. You can get to level 8 in maybe 4 hours, and see everything the demo have to show. And the game have 20 levels.

So obviusly this game is going to be a DLC's fest. At the moment the base game seems very limited, very shallow, .. but this will change on time when the game finnaly release on the PC.
    Last edited by Tei; 21-07-2014 at 08:51 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Your poll forgot the obligatory "I don't care about any of those games, but feel the need to vote anyway" option.

Yeah, I probably would pick Red Dead Redemption, but only because No Man's Sky isn't an option.

Network Hub
    Destiny, even the name turns me off, sounds really arrogant, I don't know why, its the first game to do so.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    I've seen a friend play it at his PS4, just today. It's okay, but it's basically a Bungie-made Borderlands. It does look like something I'd enjoy more than Borderlands (although in my case that's not saying much), but I don't feel like it's personally a big deal that it isn't coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Barberetti View Post
    Yeah, I probably would pick Red Dead Redemption, but only because No Man's Sky isn't an option.
    I refuse to vote in this poll until this option is implemented.

Frankly I don't give a shit about any of them; although Red Dead Redemption would be my favourite, at least if I hadn't already played it on the 360.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    TLoU is probably something I would play, but I don't care about it without having a PS3/4. I've played RDR to know that whilst I'm sure many people would love to play it on the PC, I'm not one of them at all (unless they can mod the game to be fun, perhaps with some sort of Back to the Future 3 conversion of some sort) leaving Destiny as something I do find interesting.

But Barberetti is right, the correct option is No Many's Sky.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    No Man Sky looks great, but they lost a lot of the code in a flood, or so I heard. We have not seen gameplay, perhaps is not much different than Starbound or Terraria, with a much simpler / limited sandbox.

I can't edit the poll. I would follow all the suggestions otherwise.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tei View Post
    I have played Destiny on a PS4, and while I would like to have the game on the PC, I don't think is a all bad that it start on consoles.

First thing, the so called "Alpha", is mostly a 4 hours demo. The game is very polished and is really pretty, but feel very shallow. You can get to level 8 in maybe 4 hours, and see everything the demo have to show. And the game have 20 levels.

So obviusly this game is going to be a DLC's fest. At the moment the base game seems very limited, very shallow, .. but this will change on time when the game finnaly release on the PC.
    Alphas and Betas are demos now, this is just how it is. It's just a demo. It's been that way for some time.

The level cap is 20, but your level only gates the gear you can equip. There are 3 classes, each with at least 2 subclasses, each with 4/5 levels of skills which continue to level up beyond your own level. So yes, there are "20" levels, but really there's more to level up than just getting to level 20. The levels and the missions and pvp are not related either.

The demo has consisted of 1 strike mission, 1 small area to explore with low level enemies (and some high level ones if you look for them) and a couple of short missions and one pvp game mode. Most demos don't let you see all that much of the game. That's kind of the idea of them.

As for poll options, RDR would be great on PC if only so people can get to play it. Destiny is a console shooter. I can't see moving it to PC making it any better other than graphics etc. The controls are perfect for a controller because Bungie are the best at making console shooters with good controls. TLOU will never go to PC. The closest you'll get to it is having a Sony TV and using Playstation Now to play it on or if Sony let you rent and stream it to PCs. It's a Sony exclusive game from a studio that are in bed with Sony. It'll never get off Sony devices.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    As for poll options, RDR would be great on PC if only so people can get to play it. Destiny is a console shooter. I can't see moving it to PC making it any better other than graphics etc. The controls are perfect for a controller because Bungie are the best at making console shooters with good controls. TLOU will never go to PC. The closest you'll get to it is having a Sony TV and using Playstation Now to play it on or if Sony let you rent and stream it to PCs. It's a Sony exclusive game from a studio that are in bed with Sony. It'll never get off Sony devices.
    Not until we can run PS4's OS on PCs.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    I disagree with the thread premise. I think Destiny is going to be awesome, played at least 5 hours on the beta so far, great experience. It is a very limited look at the game too, but it has been an awesome one. I'm really not seeing someone playing through this beta and not having good vibes honestly. And even more odd that seeing a slice of the game and labeling it not so exciting... hmmm.... I hope this isn't "us versus them" type of thing again.

For those saying the Destiny name seems pretentious... I felt the same way too, but after I played it... it's quite a slick experience. You guys have to try it out for yourself, go from level 1 to 8 in beta and then get the impression of the game. It's a day one for me after playing it, it feels fantastic.

@Tei - did you get to play from level 1 to 8 and do the exploring and everything or was it a short experience you had with the game?

Alphas and Betas are demos now, this is just how it is. It's just a demo. It's been that way for some time.

The level cap is 20, but your level only gates the gear you can equip. There are 3 classes, each with at least 2 subclasses, each with 4/5 levels of skills which continue to level up beyond your own level. So yes, there are "20" levels, but really there's more to level up than just getting to level 20. The levels and the missions and pvp are not related either.

The demo has consisted of 1 strike mission, 1 small area to explore with low level enemies (and some high level ones if you look for them) and a couple of short missions and one pvp game mode. Most demos don't let you see all that much of the game. That's kind of the idea of them.

100% agree with all the above. After Phish posts.... it's like I have nothing left to say :( lol.

Also, Tei... did you know TLOU was a Sony published title when you put the options? :P

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Not until we can run PS4's OS on PCs.
    Well let's get the PS3 one running first before we move to PS4 :)
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    TLoU is probably something I would play, but I don't care about it without having a PS3/4. I've played RDR to know that whilst I'm sure many people would love to play it on the PC, I'm not one of them at all (unless they can mod the game to be fun, perhaps with some sort of Back to the Future 3 conversion of some sort) leaving Destiny as something I do find interesting.

But Barberetti is right, the correct option is No Many's Sky.
    There is a similar game for PC that some may be overlooking, that I personally find much more interesting than No Man's Sky.

I feel like I'm the only one not that excited about No Man's Sky and yet I own a PS4 and am one of the few on this forum who could probably buy it.
    Last edited by rockman29; 22-07-2014 at 12:53 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman29 View Post
    Well let's get the PS3 one running first before we move to PS4 :)
    The PS3 uses the Cell processor. I thing "emulating" the PS4 will be "easier".
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Such is true, but I won't hold my breath :P

I'm still waiting for that original Xbox emulator after all ;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Meh, I like it. The difference between the alpha and beta shows that Bungie are on the right track, and it is basically Borderlands with Halo MP and a focus on a non-obtrusive public matchmaking system (There is almost no way for random folk I run into to fuck me over).

It isn't the greatest game ever made, but it fills a niche on the new platforms and it is in the same genre (Borderlands) that I love.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Not sure how you can determine a game is limited by a limited beta test that is meant to be a stress test.

Option 4: Own the console so not limited to certain games.

While i would vote Red Dead Redemption over Destiny if that meant they would get a PC release its just because while the Xbox 360 version is playable and i feel like it would benefit from higher framerate and a resolution boost, not to mention what the mod community could do with it.

That said i am enjoying the Destiny PS4 beta (played the alpha as well) and threw down a reservation for the Ghost Edition cause i love physical crap bundles. :D Hopefully Destiny sees a PC release in the future.

Norwegian Gamer Extraordinaire!
    Look me up on Steam, Raptr, YouTube, Hitbox.tv & Twitch.tv!
    PSN: DEagleson, Xbox Live: DEagleson, WildStar EU: Look up DEagleson on the Eko server.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    I'm biased as I still feel halo is amongst the best shooters of the last 10 (15?) years - and this is halo, with a dash of borderlands (in loot and levelling) and a soupçon of WoW (in large, open areas and quests).

Having been in the alpha and beta, I've found it to be very very good indeed, very solid shooting, good, balanced loot mechanics and graphically very nice. It's one of few 'next-gen' (ugh) games that actually is trying something different with the gameplay (a bit) rather than just 'xxx....with better graphics'. It has been incredibly slick and stable in both alpha and beta guises and the multiplayer stuff is so unintrusive, it actually does improve the game, which as a committed single-player gamer has impressed me no end. It feels like it would work very well on the PC - multiplayer particularly is fast-paced and feels more unreal tournament-y than most other shooters currently around.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Couldn't care less about any of the above.

Regarding Destiny, well, Halo to me always struck me as a good game... if you didn't have a PC so little else was available. From gameplay footage I've seen Destiny looks pretty well the same to me, it's Halo with a Borderlands reskin and will presumably amaze console gamers but isn't likely to set PC gamers' world on fire.

is miss the days when Bungie was known as a company that made Myth and not fucking Halo

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Destiny is ok. It does kind of make me wonder if Bungie thinks everyone has forgotten about Halo; I mean you get a floating companion that is basically an eye that does things for you but is also an AI that can live inside your head, so it's basically Cortana and 343 Guilty Spark in the same character, and there's a bit in the beta where I thought it was going to be The Flood all over again ('I'm reading motion EVERYWHERE!' or whatever) but thankfully it wasn't. Even the enemies seem very similar... I mean, ok, Halo was pretty good and all but I'm not sure there was any need to lift quite so much from it. Oh and there's also the Really Big Geographical Feature.

But yeah, I don't know, I don't think there's anything like it on PC and it is pretty good, but at the same time I don't think what it is is so amazing that we need to have it, either. It's certainly not as unique as RDR, I kind of felt it was 70% Halo, 29% Borderlands 2 (weapons apparently aren't random, after all; I found two guns that were identical except one had 3 more damage than the other because it was a level higher), and 1% Rage (and even that was probably just because of the environment).

Also when I played it my two main thoughts were:
    - I wish I could play this with a mouse
    - I wish I could widen the FOV.

I did really enjoy it when I first encountered other players, though, even though they were five levels above me so I was getting smooshed by the enemies that were spawning in.