Fight of the Century

Money by decision. Pacquiao will probably pick up early rounds, Mayweather will start to pick up the pace around 4th round, Pacquiao will turn it up again in the 10th, but Mayweather will weather the storm to take the decision 8-4. This is my poorly educated guess.

Anyone know of a radio station doing live commentary?

I watched it. What a complete waste of time.
    Immersive Sims on Steam WIP

Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

Without directions a lot of people wind up going round in circles...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Mayweather was the obvious winner, but the fight itself was fucking trash. Boxing is dead.

I haven't been able to watch it, what was so bad about the fight? Was it boring?
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Guild Wars 2 characters: Norgothus (Norn Necromancer), Maggrivo (Charr Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Never go full Wulf.

Mayweather basically did the boxing equivalent of parking the bus. He evaded Pacquiao for most of the match and used his superior reach to outmaneuver him. Whenever Pacquiao came through, Mayweather just hugged him and so pretty much stifled any chance of actual boxing happening.
    It's like you see someone abuse a glitch in a competitive online multiplayer game. They call it clever but the viewers are gonna say no. I feel sorry for those people who had to pay $100 for this garbage. It's true, you can add boxing to the list of things that are officially dead.

This post was brought to you by Hublot watches.
    Immersive Sims on Steam WIP

Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

Without directions a lot of people wind up going round in circles...

I listened to it on BBC Radio 5, but fell asleep during the 5th/6th.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    I see that today most Hong Kong's bar areas are crowded of westerners. I guess this is what that's about. Can you share with us what is fight of the century exactly? I watched those large panel TV in the bars, seem to be some boxing matches.

Network Hub
    I like how they have to advertise something as "the fight of the century" to get people remotely interested in boxing these days. Never heard of either of the contestants before now.
    Last edited by Lethe; 03-05-2015 at 08:56 PM.
    Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Mayweather basically did the boxing equivalent of parking the bus. He evaded Pacquiao for most of the match and used his superior reach to outmaneuver him. Whenever Pacquiao came through, Mayweather just hugged him and so pretty much stifled any chance of actual boxing happening.
    It's like you see someone abuse a glitch in a competitive online multiplayer game. They call it clever but the viewers are gonna say no. I feel sorry for those people who had to pay $100 for this garbage. It's true, you can add boxing to the list of things that are officially dead.

This post was brought to you by Hublot watches.
    Thanks for your reply. It does sound like a boring fight then. I feel sorry for the people who paid a lot of money to see it.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Guild Wars 2 characters: Norgothus (Norn Necromancer), Maggrivo (Charr Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Never go full Wulf.

Did not see it. No regret!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus karaquazian's Avatar
    when they say fight of the centuary. do they mean last 100 years or do they mean 21st century. Because if its the former, absolute bollox.

Quote Originally Posted by karaquazian View Post
    when they say fight of the centuary. do they mean last 100 years or do they mean 21st century. Because if its the former, absolute bollox.
    The latter. Still bollocks.

Thank sod for MMA. We've had some absolute belters this year, e.g. RDA/Pettis, Henderson/Thatch.

Obscure Node
    Didn't even watch up to round 6. I knew that Pac is much more offensive but, eh, I've seen more matches that are better than this. Also, I kinda knew that Mayweather would win, not rooting for him tho.

Video games and woodwork are two similar things, they make you scream during certain conditions.

Lesser Hivemind Node Skeletor68's Avatar
    Without wanting to take away from boxing's amazing history, this is why I watch MMA. There are a lot of big fights each year, with more ways to win. You'll still have the odd stinker but won't be waiting a long time for another interesting fight.

Obscure Node
    MayPac was always going to be boring, because of Floyd Mayweather. There's a video of Floyd in 2009 prophesying the outcome: that he'd win, and everyone would call it 'boring'.

Anyway, boxing is in seriously decent shape, MMA fans be damned. The week before MayPac, there was the Klitschko vs Jennings, and the week after there was Alvarez vs Kirkand. Alvarez vs Kirkand was probably what people wanted out of MayPac, as it had a seriously awesome knockout which you can probably watch on Youtube now.

Tomorrow there's a fight featuring Gennady Golovkin, who has had like 20 straight knockouts and he's only a middleweight.

It's a really good time to be a boxing fan to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by tnzk View Post
    Alvarez vs Kirkand was probably what people wanted out of MayPac, as it had a seriously awesome knockout which you can probably watch on Youtube now.
    Oh yes, it's epic:

Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.