Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar

something interesting

because Jams O'Donnell commanded me to do so.

No, you fool! Something interesting, not "something interesting."

Don't listen to the voices in your head, unless they tell you to burn stuff down - that is ok.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Now this is something interesting...

http://www.something-interesting.co.uk/?p=357

maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by golden_worm View Post
    Now this is something interesting...

http://www.something-interesting.co.uk/?p=357

maybe not.
    Thanks for the link but didn't found anything interesting in that.

Did you know that milk comes in bags in Canada? That interesting enough for you?
    canadian-milk-bags-example.jpg
    RPS Arma 2 community server!
    Join us for tacticlol manshootery, explosions and helicopter crashes.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Those bags look fun

They're in the UK too. I've been tempted but I just know I'll burst it all over myself or something.

Activated Node
    Speaking as someone who handles these kind of milkbags on a daily basis where I work, I cannot put into words how much hate me and my fellow workers have towards these kind of bags.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    "CATS", he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

I just don't understand why they exist. Is there something wrong with milk bottles/cartons? Have I been unable to reach peak milk pouring efficiency all this time? Surely some Canadian RPSers have an answer to this, or at least an apology to offer.

We have milk bags in cafeterias in the US, you only see them when the dispenser is being refilled, but they look really hard to deal with, also gross.

Here in Argentina milk is mostly sold in bag. They aren't uncomfortable to deal with or anything. Perhaps I'm just used to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph-Sulphur View Post
    I just don't understand why they exist. Is there something wrong with milk bottles/cartons? Have I been unable to reach peak milk pouring efficiency all this time? Surely some Canadian RPSers have an answer to this, or at least an apology to offer.
    I'd guess that it uses a lot less packaging - maybe biodegradable plastic for the bags? You'd only need one jug, so it would save you money in the long run. That's my guess. I bought one a couple of months ago; worked pretty well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    I saw a milkbag in the fridege in our house once and was profoundly confused for at least an hour afterwards. Thankfully I've since recovered from this traumatic experience. The fact it was fully skimmed milk made it all the worst. How anyone prefers that junk is beyond me.

Lesser Hivemind Node DigitalSignalX's Avatar
    The jugs can be recycled, the cardboard cartons can be recycled and the bags can be recycled. Doesn't really matter what you make it out of if it's going to end up in a land fill because no one is going to recycle - frankly I'd rather the landfills be filled with the cardboard kind. My guess is the bags are simply cheaper to make, and they can make more money because obviously the price isn't going down.

In the states, I've noticed all sorts of crap like a 5 LB bag of flour is now really 4.5, but costs the same. Ditto that sort of strategy for sugar, coffee, oil, etc.
    All times I have enjoyed greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those that loved me, and alone.

Network Hub
    The term "milkbags" brings something much more pleasant to mind.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph-Sulphur View Post
    Did you know that milk comes in bags in Canada? That interesting enough for you?
    canadian-milk-bags-example.jpg
    It was like that here. 20 years ago.

How come some rich countries such as UK or Norway have so lousy, bad tasted milk? It's like the farmer never cleaned the cows tits, and makes the milk watery and taste like grass and poo. Lasts one afternoon outside the fridge and two days inside.

Pasteurization, seriously. Milk tastes cleaner and can last months outside the fridge, in summer, in Spain. It's 15 year old tech, cheap enough for everyone here to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    It was like that here. 20 years ago.

How come some rich countries such as UK or Norway have so lousy, bad tasted milk? It's like the farmer never cleaned the cows tits, and makes the milk watery and taste like grass and poo. Lasts one afternoon outside the fridge and two days inside.

Pasteurization, seriously. Milk tastes cleaner and can last months outside the fridge, in summer, in Spain. It's 15 year old tech, cheap enough for everyone here to have it.
    How come people stereotype all the time? Stop stereotyping! Milk is fine here in the UK.

It's a 150-year old technology actually pakoito.

It might have taken another 135 years to reach Spain.. *flee*

Anyway, did you accidentally get skimmed milk? That's more water than milk in my limited milksperience.

So wait, us Brits and Norwegians have been drinking grass and poo tasting milk all this time? Shit.