Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread of Metal

Hybrid View

Thread of Metal

Post recent metal music you've found or old favorites, regardless of the subgenre. I'm sure there's quite a few fans of heavy music on these forums - there usally is in gamer communities.

[LANGUAGE DELETED - Watch yourself, - RPS]

I'll start out with a mix of old & newish stuff:

Last edited by Rossignol; 11-06-2011 at 07:50 PM. Reason: F and C words are not okay.

Yes, a fellow Diamond Head fan :). My favourite song ever is Helpless, such amazing riffs. I also hope your name is in relation to the band Witchfinder General, in which case look out for me, lets trip on LSD

Network Hub
    I'm a bit of a lapsed metal fan so most of these aren't exactly new releases.

Got this thread off to a good start with some Opeth, though. Blackwater Park is a stunning album, never get tired of listening to it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    The gamer world doesn't know enough SID Metal.

Enter Machinae Supremacy, whose various albums have been on and off my regular playlist all the time.

Taking advise from one of the top comments from the Jets 'n Guns Soundtrack: Don't listen to this music while playing FPS (or any action games, really), or you WILL be banned for hacking. I've tried it myself with countless Warsow-matches in the office. ;)
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I also hope your name is in relation to the band Witchfinder General, in which case look out for me, lets trip on LSD
    It sure is my friend! Truly a badass band. Look out for me, come have some mushroom tea

Nice postings guys, i've enjoyed quite a few of them.
    --------------------------

Last edited by WitchfinderG; 09-06-2011 at 09:13 PM. Reason: added clip

Quote Originally Posted by WitchfinderG View Post
    It sure is my friend! Truly a badass band. Look out for me, come have some mushroom tea
    Keeping with my NWoBHM trend:

And how can a metal thread go this far without mentioning the true gods:

I could post great piles of stuff if I put my mind to it, but at this very moment I'm rockign out to this, and it's pushing all other thoughts from my head:

Laibach, Leben - Tod

I'm finding it difficult to decide on whether I should start off with something that's straightforward or weird so I'll do both and put BAN in the middle.

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Slight departure from your trad metals, but I like a decent helping of sludge.

The opener to an all-time fave album:

And a dude I know has a pretty radical band, Hail, Architeuthis! (and label, http://aurisapothecary.org/)

http://hailarchiteuthis.bandcamp.com...c-institutions

Annnnd, while I'm here:

steam

Looking forward to the next Mastodon album. While not my favorite song on their last album, I guess I feel obligated to post this.

Recently i found these guys,i think they're pretty good

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I'm not really the biggest metal fan, but I do love Mastodon, Kylesa and Baroness, so top marks to those people who posted that.

However, this band are bloody brilliant, and you are hereby commanded to listen to them.

If you have spotify here's the album Kvelertak – Kvelertak
    Last edited by laneford; 09-06-2011 at 05:41 PM. Reason: I found more awesome

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    I'm not really the biggest metal fan, but I do love Mastodon, Kylesa and Baroness, so top marks to those people who posted that.

However, this band are bloody brilliant, and you are hereby commanded to listen to them.
    Umm... Yes. This was basically what I was going to post.
    I absolutely love Kvelertak.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Landova21 View Post
    Umm... Yes. This was basically what I was going to post.
    I absolutely love Kvelertak.
    KVEL-ER-TAK
    KVEL-ER-TAK
    KVEL-ER-TAK
    KVEL-ER-TAK

Blod
    Törst
    Blod
    Törst
    Blod
    Törst
    Blod
    Törst
    Ja, så åker vi dit då får vi kiss och lime
    En tjurig ladugård i Dyna
    Jag älskar blod jag ska badda, då e me kje turkar
    Vår fuhrer saltar väg
    Ta mina inlägg
    Det är en blodväg, ja
    Lita inte Ola
    Han är kungen av ligg
    Han äger med sin dong

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post

If you have spotify here's the album Kvelertak – Kvelertak
    Holy shit.....props to the people who recommended Kvelertak. Absolutely bloody amazing stuff. Like Soundtrack of Our Lives & The Hives gone me(n)tal.

Great thread this, picked up a lot of excellent music from this that I wasn't aware of. I liked metal as a teenager, then moved off to indie, punk, hardcore & post-rock for my guitar fix and haven't listened to much metal since. Stumbled on Masotodon's Leviathan a few years ago after reading a rave review, really liked that and been meaning to investigate more of that ilk. A lot of the newer bands here turned out to be available on my emusic.com account so I've blown most of this month's downloads on a metal binge. From good recommendations here I've picked up these this week and really enjoying them:

Kvelertak - Kverertak. If he was still here, John Peel would be playing this and getting them in for a session.
    Baroness - Blue Record.
    Agalloch - Marrow of the Spirit. This is awesome stuff.
    Kylesa - Spiral Shadow

Searching for Ulver tracks I also came across this acoustic compilation Whom the Moon a Nightsong Sings which is rather good. I'm reading Game of Thrones and playing the Witcher at the moment, this album is the perfect soundtrack.

Last edited by Colonel J; 18-06-2011 at 02:47 PM.

Attack thenarrative like a radiant suicide
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
    Holy shit.....props to the people who recommended Kvelertak. Absolutely bloody amazing stuff. Like Soundtrack of Our Lives & The Hives gone me(n)tal.

Great thread this, picked up a lot of excellent music from this that I wasn't aware of. I liked metal as a teenager, then moved off to indie, punk, hardcore & post-rock for my guitar fix and haven't listened to much metal since. Stumbled on Masotodon's Leviathan a few years ago after reading a rave review, really liked that and been meaning to investigate more of that ilk. A lot of the newer bands here turned out to be available on my emusic.com account so I've blown most of this month's downloads on a metal binge. From good recommendations here I've picked up these this week and really enjoying them:

Kvelertak - Kverertak. If he was still here, John Peel would be playing this and getting them in for a session.
    Baroness - Blue Record.
    Agalloch - Marrow of the Spirit. This is awesome stuff.
    Kylesa - Spiral Shadow

Searching for Ulver tracks I also came across this acoustic compilation Whom the Moon a Nightsong Sings which is rather good. I'm reading Game of Thrones and playing the Witcher at the moment, this album is the perfect soundtrack.

That's not bad, never heard them before.
    I'd say Ulvers album Keveldsanger would compliment your viewing and gaming quite well :)

@Donjonson Nice, I'll look that one up.

The Whom The Moon album is in the same vein and worth seeking out, has a rare Ulver track 'Synen' on it.

Attack thenarrative like a radiant suicide
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
    @Donjonson Nice, I'll look that one up.

The Whom The Moon album is in the same vein and worth seeking out, has a rare Ulver track 'Synen' on it.
    Yeah, I just listened to the Ulver song, never knew it existed! It's a good'un too :)

Here is a mixtape that I did last year. It's all trad which should please the Heavy Load, Saxon, Cirith Ungol and Manowar fans. Here is this year's follow-up which adds a small amount of speed metal to the mix.

umm.... let it play for a while. Gets very heavy. Its AMAZEBALLS.

and of course....

God I love Death.
    Last edited by Dr.Honeyslut; 12-06-2011 at 12:37 PM.