Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread of Metal

Thanks for the response Spacewalk. Some interesting choices their but most of it reminds me of Venom (not necessary a bad thing), I think the band I'd go for out of that lot is DoomSword, its the only one where the vocals really clicked for me. I'd also like to listen to some of those mixes you've made. Is their anyway I can view the the track listing before I commit to download?

I'll send a PM.

Slauter Xstroyes is a wonderful band that more people could do with knowing about. Only released two albums thirteen years apart, I don't know about the second but the first one, Winter Kill, is all kinds of unconventional especially the vocals which go through about three different styles each song.

I had never heard
    Slauter Xstroyes and that rocks! My friend apparently already knew about them. Thanks for the vid.
    --------

I think I'll never understand Meshuggah. Few of my friends are absolutely crazy about them, and then I go home, listen to something from them on Spotify (Bleed and something from the newest album) and all I hear is repetive "djang". I mean sure, it could be hypnotic and something, but for me it sounds mainly just boring.

Now that that's out of the window, I might as well ridicule myself and post some repetive black metal shite.

Von - Satanic Blood

Nargaroth - Black Metal Ist Krieg

Attack thenarrative like a radiant suicide
    2 tracks from bands I'm in, some of ye might be interested

Sodb, sort of 2nd wave black metal with a filthy Finnish twist, this is from a demo that'll be out in a week or so

http://soundcloud.com/sodb/old-and-withered-form-1

Putrefaction- Repulsion and Poison Idea, together, at last! Track from an album that'll be out next month I think

Last edited by Donjo; 04-05-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Yeah, I'd say that that's some death metal that you've got going there. Enjoyable even if it didn't set my world alight to be honest. An injection of Death Strike would kick it up a notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalk View Post
    Yeah, I'd say that that's some death metal that you've got going there. Enjoyable even if it didn't set my world alight to be honest. An injection of Death Strike would kick it up a notch.

Heh, cheers for the comment :) Other stuff is a bit more crusty, sort of Nihilist, proto death metal.. I wouldn't listen to a lot of death metal, except probably early Sepultura.. just to give you an idea of where we're coming from

How early, just to Morbid Visions or all the way back to Bestial Devastation?

I've been listening to a few of these new "old" bands but Repugnant beat 'em all out. Even better than Black Magic and they are really good. Total surprise too because I took a chance on their album without having heard them previously. They are the whole package but those leads do it every time so they've become a bit of a yardstick with my tastes.

Awesome song number #1.
    Awesome song number #2.

And a Black Magic number because they rip but not as hard.

How early, just to Morbid Visions or all the way back to Bestial Devastation?

I've been listening to a few of these new "old" bands but Repugnant beat 'em all out. Even better than Black Magic and they are really good. Total surprise too because I took a chance on their album without having heard them previously. They are the whole package but those leads do it every time so they've become a bit of a yardstick with my tastes.

Awesome song number #1.
    Awesome song number #2.

And a Black Magic number because they rip but not as hard.
    All the way.. I'd be more into this though

But we're coming at things from a more crust punk background than death metal... not a lot of interest in crust punk so I thought I'd just pretend it's a metal band. Genre smenre.
    I'll check out Repugnant, cheers
    Last edited by Donjo; 05-05-2012 at 03:22 PM.

That's awesome!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Have some Engorged!

Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Donjonson View Post
    2 tracks from bands I'm in, some of ye might be interested

Sodb, sort of 2nd wave black metal with a filthy Finnish twist, this is from a demo that'll be out in a week or so

http://soundcloud.com/sodb/old-and-withered-form-1
    Really good track! Just the thing to kill the thumping headache I've had all day. Let us know when the demo is out, looking forward to hearing more from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbick View Post
    Really good track! Just the thing to kill the thumping headache I've had all day. Let us know when the demo is out, looking forward to hearing more from you.
    Cheers- tape should be back soon but we'll probably put it online too, I'll stick up a link

Zom- Irish death metal, recently on Fenriz band of the week.. JEALOUS

http://www.cvltnation.com/ancient-co...eams-zom-demo/

I have hard time deciding whether Shovel-Headed Killing Machine or Tempo of the Damned is the best album by Exodus. But it's definetly either one of them (no bad meant for Bonded By Blood!). The later albums have been too long and too monotonous.

Network Hub
    I've been listening to some Acid Witch lately:

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicolor View Post
    I've been listening to some Acid Witch lately:

I kinda like their music but yer mans voice really doesn't suit it... perfect for Hooded Menace but I woulda liked something else for AW..

EEPPPICCCC OUTRO

Network Hub
    Yeah, I do think he's better in Hooded Menace, also been listening to their Fulfill the Curse lately. Eyeless Horde is probably my favourite from that album so far.

Just getting into these guys....

I can count the amount of heavy metal songs about the movie Deathsport on one hand and this one is the best of 'em.