Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread of Metal

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    Wait, are these the same guys as Ghost? Why the name change?
    From metal-archives: "In 2013, Ghost was forced to go under the moniker Ghost B.C. when touring the U.S."

So what Spacewalk said.

Also, the reason the clip has that name could perhaps be becasue VEVO is US based? i have no clue tho! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalk View Post
    But man, did you catch how bad Manowar and Destruction were? Bloody hell.
    I missed the Manowar stuff. Was it bad in a "We could play metal, but lets clog our albums up with stupid filler keyboard pomp." or was it just flat out BAD?

I'll put it this way; as someone who liked Gods Of War even I thought that it was turgid and uninspiring.

I may have been disappointed in Wintersun's Time I, but I'll just pretend that Ne Obliviscaris' "Portal of I" is actually Time I from another line in time. Because it's simply one of the best albums I've heard in a while.

I'll put it this way; as someone who liked Gods Of War even I thought that it was turgid and uninspiring.
    After a quick listen, I see.

The song Hail, Kill and Die says it all really. The title sets it up to be a follow up to Hail and Kill but the lyrics read like a Blood Of the Kings sequel only not a very good one and as sequels go it sure ain't no Return Of the Warlord. I was hoping that the Thunder In the Sky EP was going to be a strong indication of the direction for this album but I was met only with disappointment. Even Warriors Of the World part 2 would have been to my liking dud parts and all.

What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    I may have been disappointed in Wintersun's Time I, but I'll just pretend that Ne Obliviscaris' "Portal of I" is actually Time I from another line in time. Because it's simply one of the best albums I've heard in a while.
    I thought the EP was actually much better.

Also:
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

I can't recall if I've posted a Block Hole song before but if I did it probably would've been Demoniac City so here's a different one anyway just in case. Cult!

Black hole are stoned genius. The Demo they did had some of the worst singing I think I've heard.

I was out of energy and felt like flatlining out in bed. Then I slapped the possessed on the turntable:

Who needs coffee? I have POSSESSED!

We need some Ouroboros here.

Album of the year so far, no doubt about it. Ghost's new album will most likely take it's place..

Last edited by WitchfinderG; 11-03-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Nevermind, this song made it pretty clear which will be the album of the year 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Black hole are stoned genius. The Demo they did had some of the worst singing I think I've heard.
    The vocals aren't very metal are they. I actually would recommend listening to them whilst on drugs, or soak a rag in furniture polish if you're dealer isn't open. It's an odd album, it's quite effective occult metal until it gets to the last song which starts off sounding like a lost track from Ronnie Montrose's Open Fire album. Strange.

Who needs coffee? I have POSSESSED!
    And who needs Possessed when you have Desaster?

Obscure Node
    Some of my favourites right now! What do you think?

Obscure Node

Obscure Node

It's been two weeks and it's still stuck in my head.

Ha, good to hear Darkthrone taking another sound on again.
    I imagine this is causing more angry people to smash old copies of Transilvanian Hunger.

It's kinda like Helloween in Isengard with Darkthrone bits. It's more my kind of thing than Transilvanian Hunger even if the band is becoming more "dad rock" with every release. If your dad was into speed metal that is. It's a really good album, almost as good as Circle the Wagons but it falls a bit short. I'm still going to give it the number two spot on my best of year list.

...even if the band is becoming more "dad rock" with every release. If your dad was into speed metal that is.
    I've argued with a few people that expecting them to go back to Transilvanian Hunger is more or less impossible as Fenriz is:
    A) Generally seems to be an honest guy, and he does not seem to want to do that stuff now
    B) Getting on a bit. Seriously, even the youngest bands from about 1993ish (people who were 13 or 14 at the time) are all now at least 33.

I like the current Darkthrone wave a lot more then the previous Punkthrone stuff though.