Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread of Metal

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Too soon
    Its still too soon
    When I was skimming through the booklet in a brick and mortar I had to check the cover just to make sure that I hadn't picked up a Vodoocult album by mistake. I can't imagine what it sounds like, is it really as bad as people are saying it is?

Network Hub
    I'm not into metal whatsoever but I appreciate good songwriters. I think Tool is an incredibly impressive band. I love their crazy time signatures and nonstandard structures. NIN is great too, though I don't know what they're considered metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalk View Post
    When I was skimming through the booklet in a brick and mortar I had to check the cover just to make sure that I hadn't picked up a Vodoocult album by mistake. I can't imagine what it sounds like, is it really as bad as people are saying it is?
    For all who listen to this, I am very, very, very sorry.

Its the first album in god damn years I just sat there yelling "WHAT???" and "WHY???" while waving my arms around in bemusement. Some of the tracks were ok, but the bad ones were mind bogglingly bad.

You could've gotten a rather good EP out of that album. But no, they decided to open it in the worst way possible, and end it with tracks sure to make you disappointed in whole album. I rarely get buyer's remorse on albums anymore these days, thanks to internet, but there are some bands I just follow blindly when I notice a new album and just buy it. But this... IDI still burns in my mind.

Especially when you compare and contrast to Covenant.

Last edited by Kaira-; 19-06-2012 at 11:21 PM.

Oh it certainly had some tracks that had some potential to them.

Reminds me a lot of the Domination material (though I admit I sort of dislike that album). Dunno how many would agree with me on this, but I have thought for the longest time the element that has, over time, dragged Morbid Angel down more and more has been David Vincent. From Alters up to Covenant he was superb, but after that his vocal performances became a little too flamboyant with some really questionable lyrics. The shift between Domination to Formulas was quite large, and I quite liked it myself.

Reminds me a lot of the Domination material (though I admit I sort of dislike that album). Dunno how many would agree with me on this, but I have thought for the longest time the element that has, over time, dragged Morbid Angel down more and more has been David Vincent. From Alters up to Covenant he was superb, but after that his vocal performances became a little too flamboyant with some really questionable lyrics. The shift between Domination to Formulas was quite large, and I quite liked it myself.
    Eh, I quite liked Domination myself, especially because of the title track and Where the Slime Lives. But after that, I kinda lost interest in MA even though the later albums weren't bad by any means. Oh, and Domination was the last album with David Vincent, from FFFttF to Heretic it was Steve Tucker on bass/vocals.

Let's keep posting the good stuff from IDI.

For all who listen to this, I am very, very, very sorry.
    1998 was hell for metal.

Here's a "killer" cut from Jesus Killing Machine if anyone has a morbid curiosity to fulfill.

Dave Lombardo, Mille Petrozza and Chuck Shuldiner were involved in that which kinda makes you think.

Dave Lombardo, Mille Petrozza and Chuck Shuldiner were involved in that which kinda makes you think.
    Someone needs to remind me why I hadn't heard of this project before.

1998 was hell for metal.

Here's a "killer" cut from Jesus Killing Machine if anyone has a morbid curiosity to fulfill.
    Thats actually better then some of the other supergroup things I've heard from Terrorizer cover CDs over the years. 1997 to 2000 was a bit of a weird time though, and considering I really liked Black Metal a lot then, there was a lot of stodgy crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira-
    Eh, I quite liked Domination myself, especially because of the title track and Where the Slime Lives. But after that, I kinda lost interest in MA even though the later albums weren't bad by any means. Oh, and Domination was the last album with David Vincent, from FFFttF to Heretic it was Steve Tucker on bass/vocals.
    Well my issue with Vincent mainly came in the fact he had quite a sway on the writing of Domination and a lot of the more interesting timing lurches Morbid used along with the fact Pete Sandoval sounded like he was really holding himself back was rather disappointing. The vocals on stuff like "Eyes to see, Ears to hear" got on my nerves also. Cant help but feel that he was trying to streamline the band to greater success by watering down the sound. After he left, Formulas sounded like any pent up lunacy exploded all-over. Tucker was a bit generic in his performance, but Trey and Sandoval sounded on top form.

ANYHOW more rehearsal vids:

For the DEADed one: go to 17:40ish
    Very raw sound, but Mayhem bootlegs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar

Let's listen to Impetigo because they are totally off the hook. I find myself putting Ultimo Mondo Cannibale on more and more these days when I need my gore fix because it is bad arse and has songs like this:

I'd post some thing but I'm new here (:O) and I haven't got the hang of linking youtube videos. :(

Quote Originally Posted by djbriandamage View Post
    I'm not into metal whatsoever but I appreciate good songwriters. I think Tool is an incredibly impressive band. I love their crazy time signatures and nonstandard structures. NIN is great too, though I don't know what they're considered metal.
    NIN aren't even industrial, there's probably fans of theirs that have never heard of Throbbing Gristle never mind ones that wouldn't because they're 'too old'

Activated Node
    I haven't been through every page of this thread yet but I hadn't seen any Manson by the third or fourth page so here we go:

Whelp, as predicted Deicide cancelled their European tour. Time to listen to some Impaled Nazarene.

I haven't noticed any Amorphis mentioned in this thread yet...so here ye are!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    Whelp, as predicted Deicide cancelled their European tour. Time to listen to some Impaled Nazarene.

Did they give a reason for it? Thats a peaty large / infamous band to suddenly cancel.
    Good call on the Impaled Nazarene though.

Did they give a reason for it? Thats a peaty large / infamous band to suddenly cancel.
    Good call on the Impaled Nazarene though.
    Don't know why, but I'd guess Benton is having moodswings again or something. It's like he hates Europe or something. Time for more Nazarene. My old band took its name from this song.