Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread of Metal

The video for Backseat Education is even better because it comes off a bit like a dirty biker rock version of Big Trouble In Little China.

Kryst the Conqueror was Jerry Only, Doyle (Misfits) and Jeff Scott Soto's Christian fantasy metal band. Totally not cringe worthy but then again they did have a song named "Thunder Thruster".

I've always been disappointed that Hidden in the Fog never catched on more widely. It's pretty darn good band, like later era of Emperor if they had veered to even more technical and progressive direction. Not to say that Ihsahn's solo works haven't been progressive, but his style is very distinctive from that which was what Emperor played still back in IX.

I'm gonna watch them playing live tomorrow... between Dead Kennedys and Hatebreed... WTF!

http://www.resurrection-fest.com/images/horariosnew.jpg

Every song that Old have ever played sounds like it came off of Morbid Tales and Emperor's Return but with louder guitars and if you don't think that that is totally awesome then you need to leave the hall.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hal9000 View Post
    Dead Kennedys
    Has ever a band name been so fitting? Next Refused will be playing Fallon... Oh, right.

\
    Anyone seen Last Days Here?
    Last edited by sabrage; 06-08-2012 at 04:09 PM.

You guys have posted so many great songs the last 2-3 pages, keep it up^

Dark Tranquility has never been one of my top 10 bands or even close, but after finding this clip a few weeks ago i'm starting to think its my favorite live DVD ever. Well worth paying for.

Obscure Node
    I'm pretty new to metal. I've been getting into Deathspell Omega but find the guy's voice pretty annoying (even for a metal singer!) anyone know of any similiar hyper-pretentious metal that I should try?

Quote Originally Posted by furius View Post
    I'm pretty new to metal. I've been getting into Deathspell Omega but find the guy's voice pretty annoying (even for a metal singer!) anyone know of any similiar hyper-pretentious metal that I should try?
    DSO is pretty unique band in the metal sphere, I don't think there are many bands that even try to be like it. Maybe Ulcreate and Gorguts (at least Obscura-album), though they are more death metal than black.

Speaking of Gorguts, going to see them this weekend at Jalometalli.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalk View Post

Every song that Old have ever played sounds like it came off of Morbid Tales and Emperor's Return but with louder guitars and if you don't think that that is totally awesome then you need to leave the hall.
    I thought you meant Old Lady Drivers for a second there.

'Your sacrifice completes my sanctuary of a thousand testicles'
    My Steam profile

I already covered those guys back on page fifteen and coincidentally that song actually.

In addition to being a totally badarse song, Blaspemous Ignorance also has one of the meatiest "UGHS" (at 1:14) I've ever heard. Tom Warrior would be proud.

If you can stomach the noisiness of it, Portal maybe?

Have you heard Blut Aus Nord? They are rather good.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalk View Post
    I already covered those guys back on page fifteen and coincidentally that song actually.
    Oops, I just noticed you did, I acually had a copy of 'Hold Onto Your Face' , that remix album you where posting about back there, it was pretty good as I remember, if you liked Gabba that is.

Not metal I know but it's off the Kuzuyuki K. Null/James Plotkin album 'Aurora' from the mid 90's, it took me about 14 years to find it!

Last edited by magnus1969; 10-08-2012 at 11:17 PM.
    My Steam profile

I tend to gravitate towards O.L.D.'s first album more than the others (well, maybe not ...Sleastak and the remix album 'cause I don't got those ones) because I'm really big on eighties grindcore but you can't go wrong with anything that they've done really. Even Formula which someone told me sounded like A.R. Kane meets Skinny Puppy which isn't quite right but that's how I pass it on to others. That totally needs to happen, the world is begging for an A.R. KanexSkinny Puppy mashup.

The real reason that the Vikings invaded England was to get their supply of dayglo pants. True fact of history.

In antivipation of their new album Honour Found In Decay, I'm posting this;
    My Steam profile

Quote Originally Posted by magnus1969 View Post
    In antivipation of their new album Honour Found In Decay
    Why didn't anyone inform me earlier that Neurosis will release a new album? God damn.

Attack thenarrative like a radiant suicide
    Quote Originally Posted by magnus1969 View Post
    In antivipation of their new album Honour Found In Decay, I'm posting this;
    Wasn't mad into the last two albums but it's always interesting to see what they'll do next.

Saw these guys a couple of times when I was in Finland... they're really good.

"Heavymetalpunk influenced by Saxon, Judas Priest, Wolfbrigade, Hawkwind, Bathory, Anti-Cimex, Discharge, Death Side, Girlschool, Poison Idea, Angel Witch, Pagan Altar, Praying Mantis, Tank "

I think I've found the lowest budget metal video ever. Lower than the one that Darkthrone did, lower than Call Of the Wintermoon, even lower than Deathsquad by Hell. We're talking Redneck Zombies or Killer Nerd quality here.

Sorry for spamming, some of ya might be interested though, my band Putrefaction just released a record--

Filthy death crust from Dublin- something like Skitsystem, Nihilist, Hellshock, Repulsion.. you get the idea

Review) Zero Tolerance Review:

“This is what would happen if the Lord Humoungus took some time out from scourging the wasteland to form a vicious crust outfit with the feral boomerang kid and the red mohawk guy from Mad Max 2. Turbocharged and bleeding desperation, this has a brutal death crust aura by way of Motorhead with a nod to Sepultura. Pounding and declamatory, the basis of the sound is an inferno of D-beat chaos, structures and riffs finely wrought and well-balanced. Gravel vocals and wailing leads scorch across the top as chainsaw bass and thickly layered distortion raise the pulse -highly recommended.” (Cormac O’Siochain)

(Review) ThrashHead:http://thrashhead.com/putrefaction.html
    "Similar to the styling's of Deviated Instinct in the way they combine a potent mix of d-beat with a death metal vibe, they seem to go a step further into the dark and foreboding."

(Review) Metal Ireland:http://www.metalireland.com/2012/05/...on-blood-cult/
    "The affection for the lineage they come from, the quality of the songwriting (seriously, this is one of the catchiest records I've heard from a band this brutal in years), and the conviction they play makes it as infectious as it is enjoyable. There's no flab on the bones here. Horrible music about horrible things has never sounded so good."

(Review) CVLT Nation:http://www.cvltnation.com/the-blood-...-putrefaction/
    "The debut LP by Ireland’s Putrefaction is a heavy dose of dark metallic crusty riffs skewered together by visions of concentration camps, putrefied bodies, cities consumed by filth, corruption and disease. The opening track ‘Scourge’ leads us in, with distorted feedback slowly fading and declining into a heavy bass tone atmospheric riff. This as all fans of heavy music know is the revving up and things after this are going to go pretty fucking awry. Much like being handcuffed to a car that’s about to explode."

(Interview) Profance Existence:http://profaneexistence.org/2012/06/...an-fitzgerald/

Also interview in the current issue of Zero Tolerance.

The LP is available from:
    Putrefaction: http://putrefaction-punx.tumblr.com/
    Distro-y Records:
    http://distroyrecords.com/
    Underground Movement:
    http://underground-movement.net/
    Phobia Records:
    http://phobiarecords.net/
    Ratbone Records:
    http://ratbone.free.fr/
    Last edited by Donjo; 15-08-2012 at 02:35 PM.

AND another

Yes indeed- scenes stolen from Mad Max, Soylent Green and Terminator 2

Last edited by Donjo; 15-08-2012 at 02:35 PM.