Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread of Metal

Cretin are dudes who have been in Repulsion and Exhumed getting together and taking everyone to school. It actually sounds so much like Repulsion it may as well be a follow-up to Horrified if they traded in the gore for weird perversions.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Was poking around for something heavy... Then Noothgrush threw my back out.

Obscure Node
    Recently got into the band Gojira

I finally found the time to listen to that massive four lp Witch Cross compilation I got last year. Fantastic band, songs that are even catchier than Heavy Load's.

I have recently discovered Twelve Foot Ninja and I can't stop listening. They are extremely hard to categorize as they throw in everything, from djent and disco to latin and reggae. It's beautiful.

Also, dat video.

Oh joy, new Witch Cross album. Oh no, their frontman is wearing a scarf. Well that doesn't paint a good picture. I don't even need to hear the song to tell how it's going to sound which is a shame since I get quite steamy thinking about their essential album Fit For Fight. It's not a terrible song it's just that it sounds like every other hard rock act who got back together to have another go at it which is pretty tragic if you ask me. At least the rest of 2013 has been a pretty good year for metal so far.

Network Hub
    I don't think they've been mentioned in this thread yet, so meet The Sword. These guys have become a regular part of my listening as of late.

No frills, no nonsense, not ground breaking by any measure but it's solid.

All great stuff Vorph, good posts m8.

Something for doom fans and those who like sweet rifferage:

I just love how the stick that guy is carrying turns into a guitar at about 5:18 in. Also how the video looks like it's from the early '90s but was filmed in 2007.

That Krypts stuff makes me think of 1993 (year of misery). Not bought a new record in a while and, more importantly, the vast majority of that has been black metal so no idea about where to get stuff like that. Nuclear Winter?

EDIT: Also noticed that the new Autopsy has been out for a while now. Really do have my head buried in the sand.

Reminds me of the previous record in that I find some tracks genius, others rather lacklustre. Personal opinions like bums.
    Last edited by Scumbag; 09-07-2013 at 09:25 AM.

I get most of my black and death metal (and the occasional trad. band) fix from Hells Headbangers who I recommend to anyone looking for lps and tapes even. I first encountered Innsmouth there maybe two years back when I was looking for something to round out a purchase. I knew nothing about them save that they were Australian so I took a chance on their Departure Of Shub-Niggurath demo and it wound up being one of my favourite things in the past few years.

They've also got a two song EP and a split out the latter which I still need to find and I desperately want them to work on an album because I must have more!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    That Krypts stuff makes me think of 1993 (year of misery). Not bought a new record in a while and, more importantly, the vast majority of that has been black metal so no idea about where to get stuff like that. Nuclear Winter?
    Nowadays it's all about digital distribution
    http://krypts.bandcamp.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalk View Post
    I get most of my black and death metal (and the occasional trad. band) fix from Hells Headbangers who I recommend to anyone looking for lps and tapes even.
    HH are a nice label for stuff I admit, but I tend to try and keep stuff within Europe for me due to postage costs (or have they come down?). Before the credit crunch it was actually really good value to buy a BOATLOAD of stuff from Nuclear War Now and have it shipped to the UK. For the prices you could get twice the number of CDs or LPs there then you could from France.

Quote Originally Posted by ElCubo
    Nowadays it's all about digital distribution
    http://krypts.bandcamp.com/
    Thanks, but of all the media I have music I prefer physical copies of.

Anyhow, more Burzum because Varg's wife is very naughty, and because Varg is very naughty. Or he was naughty in Norway and the French authorities don't like naughty Norsemen being potentially naughty in France, because that would be naughty.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Holy shit.

A lot of the stuff posted here is great - and much of it I've never heard before. Thanks, RPSers!

Uh, I guess I better share something, too... How about some DEATH METAL?
    http://grooveshark.com/playlist/D3TH+M3T4L/85871500

All of the songs on there should link to their respective albums. It also gets progressively more hardcore as the playlist goes on, hence why they're in that order. Melechesh is probably my favorite on the whole list. Also Meshuggah and Arkona. Good stuff!
    Last edited by TheIronSky; 30-07-2013 at 05:49 PM.

Since the thread's taken a death metal turn I think that it's high time for some

For the first half of their existence Nuclear Death played filthy death grind and wrote songs that were incredibly messed up. It would be pointing out the obvious to say that most death metal lyrics come across like they've been written in the bedroom of an eighteen year old virgin who hasn't interacted with any women other than his mother but ND were on a totally different level probably because they actually had a woman in the band. So if you're the kind of sicko who gets off on Autopsy, Impetigo, Rottrevore, Wild Rags Records and the like they should instantly strike a chord with you because they're even worse.

I'll break the DM streak you guys are on with a sick vid:

Even though it's a huge part of the aesthetic I would've enjoyed that video more if the picture didn't jump around and they dropped the fake VHS tracking fuzz. I own tapes from the eighties that are in better condition.

But we still need more death metal. Necrophagia awaken!

They went alil overboard w/ those effects on the vid, idd:)

Yeah, can't have enough DM in this thread: