Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

[E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy] Deus in the Shell 40K.

French developpers Streumon Studio released yesterday a new trailer for their cyberpunk FPS/RPG : E.Y.E

Game is scheduled to release ... soon ^^

Banned
    The trailer makes it look like one giant corridor.

Quote Originally Posted by amandachen View Post
    The trailer makes it look like one giant corridor.
    Isnt cyberpunk one great corridor?

EDIT: oh THATS why it looked so 2004. its the source engine!
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 27-07-2011 at 07:46 AM.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

For those who wonder after the several posts on RPS, the game is expected to be released this evening or tomorrow on steam (that's probably what the "imminent" meant) though no official words from devs who still are ... cryptic ^_^

It has been released right now! I'm kinda on a fence with it. How about 4-pack? I'm in the expensive euro area so someone else could get the 4-pack? If someone gets it I'll buy one copy (have paypal) and play in coop with you. So, anyone?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    I'll go for that, but only if we definitely have 4 buyers - at this point in the month I can't afford to spend 40 on spec!

Activated Node
    I was planning to wait for more opinions but if someone from the promised land of cheap games aka. UK is willing to organize a 4-pack, count me in. On the other hand if someone from US is willing to buy a 4-pack, it's even cheaper. As long as we avoid paying in €, we should do fine though :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    US version is $17.99, four pack $53.97

The real question is whether to buy this or Bloodlines.
    Last edited by Smashbox; 29-07-2011 at 08:18 PM.

I bought Bloodlines and installed community patch and am playing on fullHD resolution. It's a great game (i'm not very far in the game but it sure has been great) so I would say get it. But I want E.Y.E too.

Activated Node
    Bloodlines is definitely the safer bet; it was great when I played it back in 2004 and the extensive patching since then has certainly not made it worse...

That said, I really like what I've seen from EYE during the first 30 minutes of gameplay or so. Like most ambitious indie titles - and also much like Bloodlines was 7 years ago - it's a bit rough around the edges in a lot of ways, but if you're into what the developers are trying to do design-wise it should hopefully not be too difficult to look past its flaws.

Activated Node
    So... Can anyone who's bought it give a quick overview of that they think?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Would love to hear some impressions! The game definitely looks interesting.

Activated Node
    It's not the kind of game that lends itself to quick assessments and broad generalizations (although there is a moderately informative discussion in the comments thread for Rossignol's latest post on EYE). To say anything more sophisticated than "this game is/is not for me", one really needs to take the time to experiment with a lot of different character builds, determine to what extent there is real choice involved in the quest design and compare the SP and MP experiences.

That kind of in-depth testing is probably not going to be finished in quite some time (and puts a lot of much-needed pressure on reviewers who think it's OK to just play through a PC RPG once with a single character before posting their scores), but I expect a lot of people will insist that it's the best thing since sliced bread merely because it does the whole RPG/FPS hybrid thing which we PC gamers tend to love. Similarily, due to the game's dated presentation, minimal handholding, bad translation and overall lack of AAA-ness there's going to be an endless stream of backlash of the sort we're seeing already over at the game's Steam forum.

Reading early impressions of a game like this is useful only if you want to know to answer the most basic question of whether the general design and gameplay is something you could potentially appreciate, at least in theory.
    Last edited by Demiath; 30-07-2011 at 10:09 AM.

How, for want of a much better word, substantial is the SP? I will not play the MP at all and it's still unclear to me whether this is SP or MP focused.

Activated Node
    I have no idea in terms of length - someone said 20 hours but I can't say if that is correct or not - but I would say that although the game is clearly built from the ground up to support and facilitate co-operative play (and may or may not be more fun to play that way?), the game is based around a fairly tradiitional campaign structure with levels, quests, side tasks and individual decisions in terms of levelling up and quest choices. At the very least it should be a bit like Borderlands, which a certain group of people (myself including) really enjoyed as a singleplayer experience but which obviously always had an additional online dimension as well.

If someone from the US is planning to buy the four pack and has an empty slot, count me in.
    (Nothing I wouldn't do for a small discount :)

Activated Node
    I'd like to split a four pack with some people. I'm in the US. Does the deal run all week?

It should be a week long release deal. I'm up for one copy as I said before in this thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Me three. Assuming Phinor's still up for it we're quorate.

Activated Node
    Could you three PM me your Steam IDs?

Edit: Still looking for one more person.
    Last edited by ArtVandelay; 30-07-2011 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Need one more.