Thread: City of Steam

Threaded View

Hello everyone, I'm Ethan and I work for a small games developer, Mechanist Games. We're working on our debut title City of Steam.

If you've known of City of Steam and been following the game since it went public, be sure to sign up for our newsletter and keep an eye on the dev journals for up-to-date game development progress.

To those that don't know what City of Steam is (no surprise, we're still small, so getting widespread recognition is relatively harder for us). It's a browser-based MMORPG featuring a mix of industrial fantasy and steampunk elements, lightweight enough to play smoothly on even older computers and accessible straight from your browser. Even then, thanks to Unity 3D and a lot of in-house tools, we've managed to still make it look quite impressive,and stored all resources in but a few megabytes. Here is a quick look at the world CoS based upon.

546164_211360688975861_100003057930343_327384_1623783713_n.jpg

For a better picture of the game, check our latest Closed Beta Trailer, a lot has changed and improved since then, but it can still give a good idea for what we plan to make of our game:

Edit:

Hello all, we've opened gates of Nexus again, Beta is now launched and ready to play. Visit the link below if you don't have an account yet and start your journey in just minutes!
    http://cos.r2games.com/signup

Thanks to your continuous support of our game, City of Steam has finally been approved on Valve's Greenlight approval system. We are thankful for everyone who voted for us and who spread the word! If you want to know more, you can find the full announcement here: http://cos.r2games.com/news/view/?id=1731

Also, we wrote up a dev journal (though delayed!), along with a video, about the showcase of City of Steam at PAX East and GDC 2013.

We may be small, but we're very receptive to player feedback too, and strive to openly discuss the development process. Feel free to drop me a line and I'll respond to any questions you may have!
    Last edited by CrazyEthan; 24-05-2013 at 04:15 AM.
    City of Steam - Fight in a land of belching furnaces, clockwork marvels, and ancient evils. Visit City of Steam on Facebook for screenshots, dev diaries, and news updates!