Stealth Bastard: Tactical Espionage Arsehole

Stealth Bastard looks like a cross between Super Meat Boy and whatever your favorite stealth game is. It's free but I am literally too lazy to try it out even though it is free so I am informing everyone here in the hopes that people will try it and report back on its quality. I'm actually not a massive platforming fan and I don't have the masochistic streak it takes to enjoy something like Super Meat Boy or VVVVVV so I might actually sit this out entirely. Still, I figure that plenty of people here will perhaps enjoy it.

I leave you, now, with a trailer.

Your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me, boy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Love the name, and watched the trailer earlier. But I don't see any bastardry.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    Love the name, and watched the trailer earlier. But I don't see any bastardry.
    Perhaps the bastardy is in the plot, not the gameplay? Like he's sneaking in to this super high-tech complex to steal the President's daughter's limited-edition My Little Pony so he can sell it on eBay for drug money. What a bastard!

But yes, gameplay looks fantastic. Something like this always comes down to the tightness of the controls, which is something that's impossible to gather from a video.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tupper View Post
    If you're referring to yet another thread that looks like advertising from a poster with no posting history, it looks like Tycho was active on the old forum, 'cause if you go to their Profile there are more than just 2 posts there, going back a few months. So, probably not Stealth-Bastard advertising (though as bastardly as the advertising can be around these parts, it's rarely stealthy).
    Last edited by TailSwallower; 05-11-2011 at 05:18 AM. Reason: for clarity.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Abe's Oddysee vibes here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Stealth games are awesome. Hiding from The Man, skulking in shadows, the thrill of the unseen infiltration. But why do they have to be so... slow?
    The player?

Quote Originally Posted by The Tupper View Post
    I joined these forums 3 months before you, Mr. The Tupper, so if I'm some sort of plant to sell a free game (?) I'm a really good one.

Although I suppose you're kind of right in that I'm trying to get people to play it. The reason, though, is because I don't want to waste my time on it if it's not fun.

So I guess my mind tricks might not work on you after all.

Spent the last hour eventually the aforementioned meatboyness of it all started to grate, on the last level of the second chapter (helios on the high score table btw) but a well made puzzle platformer, nice to see convictions light as writing on the wall get an airing.

Mantling down off an edge only worked like 10% of the time, and the level where you need to crush the flying drone with the lift had zero sign posting that you had to do that.

An excellent game I never want to play again*, checkpoints could be more generous though but i can see this being developed further in the later levels, I just think when the leaping and sneaking around the rotating light source was misjudged.
    *i really hate the meatboy,

Lesser Hivemind Node DigitalSignalX's Avatar
    I fully support and endorse this game for people who enjoy this sort of game.
    All times I have enjoyed greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those that loved me, and alone.

@ TychoCelchuuu

Bugger - genuine apologies. Although it's not an excuse, I am somewhat drunken this evening and am prone to talking shit.

Also when drunk.

Again - sorry. I hereby grant you free licence to troll the next five topics or comments I make on RPS.

Embarrassed...

As to the game in question: it's quite fun, looks great, and has peachy-keen mechanics. It's lovely that they're giving it away for free, as I have paid for games that were definitely inferior to this one.

Network Hub
    It closes with an ad for Explodemon. They should've charged for this and given that away, having much more fun with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Corpekata View Post
    It closes with an ad for Explodemon. They should've charged for this and given that away, having much more fun with this one.
    Actually... Yeah, I would have liked quality control to give it a pass on a few areas but it's drilled its mechanics into my mind alongside Mario, Sonic, Flashback, Bionic Commando and Metroid et al. That's a make of a great platformer.

The name is beautiful. I may be checking this out later on

anyone else get a dll error upon startup?

Network Hub
    Just downloaded this and gave it a whirl, it's strangely compelling and a blast to play.

Just finished it.
    71 deaths on the last level alone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Ah by the name i hoped for some new real stealth game,anyway this looks kinda cool.