Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dead State... is this game still beig produced?

I was all excited but I see the last update was 2010. Is this game still being made? Anyone know?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It is being made.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I think they do a 'design update' every week on their forum, though the homepage seems curiously bare. Can't wait for this one. Developers assume we enjoy the mindless act of crushing zombies (and we do), but what I really want is to guide a group of survivors through the daily rigors of life in a zombie-infested world.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    I think they do a 'design update' every week on their forum, though the homepage seems curiously bare. Can't wait for this one. Developers assume we enjoy the mindless act of crushing zombies (and we do), but what I really want is to guide a group of survivors through the daily rigors of life in a zombie-infested world.
    You nailed it. I'm very pumped to play it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizardry View Post
    It is being made.
    So they say.

Lesser Hivemind Node TillEulenspiegel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    though the homepage seems curiously bare.
    Not so curious. Limited people, limited time, and game programmers typically aren't the best website designers. It'll be important when they're closer to release, but it's got to be a pretty low priority now. If it's not fun and it's not useful, it won't get done.
    Last edited by TillEulenspiegel; 08-11-2011 at 12:03 AM.

I disagree.

Unless they don't have a business person, the webpage should be the storefront to drive more possible buyers to the game. Not to mention, its a whole lot easier to update and design than making a game. Either way, I hope they still are working on this or would provide a official update.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lightingbird View Post
    I disagree.

Unless they don't have a business person, the webpage should be the storefront to drive more possible buyers to the game. Not to mention, its a whole lot easier to update and design than making a game. Either way, I hope they still are working on this or would provide a official update.
    Well, there's no point having a storefront when you have nothing to sell. The game isn't finished, they aren't taking preorders yet, all they have is a cafepress store in case anyone wants to help fund development a little and get themselves some merch.

And they are posting updates, but they're on the forum... Probably to help foster a community of people that are genuinely interested in the game (say, interested enough to actually read their forums instead of moaning about the game on someone else's), or something stupid like that.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Lovely thread, chaps.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Five posts and all in this thread? Moving on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Ok, what about that Dropship game from another ex-Troika guy? Is it dead?

I've deleted the bizarre outbreak of rudeness here. Lightingbird, take it easy, please.

Lesser Hivemind Node TillEulenspiegel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lightingbird View Post
    Not to mention, its a whole lot easier to update and design than making a game.
    Hi, game developer here. My HTML skills are...well, let's just say they predate CSS. So, 1995ish. You don't want to let me near a website. I'm capable of learning, sure, but time is precious and I really don't want to tinker. And I'd have to put in the time to learn it properly, otherwise there's the maddening frustration of continually adjusting pixel offsets you don't quite understand and looking at the result. It's not good.

What I'm saying is that unless they've got a really nice CMS set up that takes care of everything automatically, it's a big waste of time that would be better spent on more interesting, more productive things. Would fiddling with a website get them the tiniest bit closer to launch? No, not at all. So you focus on the things that do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossignol View Post
    I've deleted the bizarre outbreak of rudeness here.
    Yeah, sorry Jim. I'm usually better than that.

Also, on the topic of the development of Dead State they recently went looking for (and apparently found) some new programmers to help them get the game done sooner because of all the interest. Doesn't necessarily mean we'll get more updates, but means things should be happening quicker behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    Ok, what about that Dropship game from another ex-Troika guy? Is it dead?
    What Dropship game? Link to a preview or anything? And do you remember which Troika guy? Tim Cain is at Obsidian currently, Leonard Boyarsky is at Blizzard, Jason Anderson is at Turtle Rock and Brian Mitsoda is working on Dead State, so I'm not sure who that leaves.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TailSwallower View Post
    What Dropship game? Link to a preview or anything?And do you remember which Troika guy? Tim Cain is at Obsidian currently, Leonard Boyarsky is at Blizzard, Jason Anderson is at Turtle Rock and Brian Mitsoda is working on Dead State, so I'm not sure who that leaves.
    Article says it's Michael McCarthy.

Original preview article is dead but I found some links.

http://forum.preys-world.com/viewtop...ghlight=troika

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=308981

http://www.laidback-gaming.com/

Thanks.

I was intrigued, but now I'm not hopeful as the website has apparently been saying 'Coming Soon' for 5 years now. 5 years is about how long ITS have been working on Age of Decadence, but they've at least had an official forum that whole time.

Thanks.

I was intrigued, but now I'm not hopeful as the website has apparently been saying 'Coming Soon' for 5 years now. 5 years is about how long ITS have been working on Age of Decadence, but they've at least had an official forum that whole time.
    Dead State has a forum section on ITS.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Dead State has a forum section on ITS.
    I was talking about Dropship, not Dead State. I mentioned the forum myself a few posts ago ;)
    If there's a Dropship forum somewhere to show that they're working away at it I'd be keen to see how they're going, but there's nothing on the page except an image and 'coming soon'.

I was talking about Dropship, not Dead State. I mentioned the forum myself a few posts ago ;)
    If there's a Dropship forum somewhere to show that they're working away at it I'd be keen to see how they're going, but there's nothing on the page except an image and 'coming soon'.
    I fail at reading comprehension.

Rise thread, rise!

I just got an email stating that the game will be out on Steam later today. Huzzah!
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR