1337 killers or vice versa.

Just wanted to comment on this movie that recently came out, that it's way better than I expected it to be. Maybe its because they captured the feeling of the 80s in colour and character so well, or maybe its because its not so over the top as those stupid action movies usually are.

Also, its set in britain and "based on a true story", or rather "based on a real book, based on a true story", and it claims "none of the characters portrayed within are real, all is fictional" in a standard manner in the end. Which is odd.

So did I like this movie because it was more britainbased, and "closer to home" as it were? (Im belgian, living in austria, which means two things: I came from an excolonial power and started living in the formerly greatest empire) I can relate much more to the story in this movie than to any "OMG THEYR GUNNA BLOW UP TEH WIEHT HAUS!!!11111" et al. Also, Statham is his usual self, but clive owen and De Niro were quite good. The not-so-bad guys all around.

EDIT: also, I like that it stays neutral, not from OMG SAVE THE WORLD to OMG THE WORLD IS SAFE.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Banned
    What movie?

"Killers Elite"
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Network Hub
    is that the actual title

i actually kind of want it to be 1337 killers now
    a grumpy dude with a PHD in videogame debating

Ack, I mean "Killer Elite", which has a bit more sense.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    Hmm. I was vaguely interested in this movie as it stars Yvonne Strahovski (from Chuck and Mass Effect 2), but then forgot all about it. I'll look it up sometime, thanks!

though it doesnt feature her doing actiony things, though. Which is what I like her for.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Lesser Hivemind Node DigitalSignalX's Avatar
    "I've got no problem with blood. What worries me is ink."
    All times I have enjoyed greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those that loved me, and alone.

yes. Though I didnt like the first scene with those gentlemen, because they reveal EVERYTHING. It was such a blatant solution to "how the hell do we explain these people to the unknowing viewers?"
    - Tom De Roeck.