Kind of surprised that RPS didn't cover this

On March 8th, International Women's Day, Paradox released a free DLC for EUIV called "Women of History", adding female advisors (with associated images) and approximately 100 new events for female rulers. I only mention it because it seems to be conspicuously absent from recent articles, which I found a little shocking, considering that Paradox Entertainment + female empowerment seems like a match made in RPS heaven.

Anyways, I thought I'd leave the link here, in case this one slipped past the hivemind (or even YOU. Yes, you!).

http://steamcommunity.com/games/2368...24240049774312

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar

Femina Universalis: Paradox releases free "Women in History" DLC

I feel rather compelled to respond to this, and explain the nature of the *announcement of an announcement* that follows the usual script:

WITTY TITLE
    INTRODUCTORY PARAGRAPH GIVING INSIGHT INTO WRITER, HISTORY
    SECOND PARAGRAPH LEADING UP TO ANNOUNCEMENT ITSELF
    <BODY OF CONTENT COPYPASTED FROM DEVELOPER>
    OUTRO PARAGRAPH CONTAINING LINK NOTING WORTHINESS OF UPDATE IN WORDLY CONTEXT
    SIGNOFF

I would question if this type of content is something we wish to see more on RPS whilst simultaniously acknowledging that they are quite usefull and draw people to the site, whilst on the other hand noting that RPS is releasing more featured content and that Offworld is awesome. I would also note that, since these type of articles are here to stay, I would actually liked to have seen it on the frontpage.

On the other hand I also feel compelled to spile negativity lamenting the steam comments section and how people are complaining about what esentially is a pack of more text and artwork that enriches the game in the historic area that can be disabled if you somehow hate history. I mean, just take a look at what the update features!

• One Hundered new events for important women in history such as Queen Elizabeth I, Caterina Sforza and Sophie Germain.
    • Female advisors can appear at your court in place of their male counterparts.
    • Female portaits for all 22 advisor types in the game.
    I could call out these steam commenters, noting that games that highlight men's history are not apolitical either and that there's nothing wrong with opening yourself up to new perspectives, ending my talk on a positive note regarding the portrayal of women in games and the hope that we will see more games in the feature involving women in history. Joan: Total War anyone?

Or I could forego all that, noting that this update has given me an excuse to play EU4 again. BRB!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I love off world's writing, I hate the black text on white screen eyestrain. Such an old mistake to repeat.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Obscure Node
    It was mentioned in the Sunday Papers last weekend
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015...ay-papers-351/