Activated Node

Front page login expires, but forum does not - impacts supporter posts

Is anyone else finding that their front page login expires frequently, even though the forum login hasn't? I hadn't noticed the former, and was wondering why I hadn't seen any supporter posts for a couple of days.

Yeah thats just annoying. As Ive said many times, I cant stand the comments, and not just for their content I think theyre horribly put together.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    The age of supporter assumption of privilege rises.

In my day if your login lasted more than five minutes you ticked a box on your calendar, now these supporters with their fancy schmancy pay gate think they deserve a cookie that doesn't expire seemingly at random?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Damn right Helio! In our days we had to login twice a day, uphill both ways before making a post! Then maybe, by the grace of Horace the post would appear for discussion!

Kids and their newfangled toys.... GET OF MY LAWN!
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    The age of supporter assumption of privilege rises.

In my day if your login lasted more than five minutes you ticked a box on your calendar, now these supporters with their fancy schmancy pay gate think they deserve a cookie that doesn't expire seemingly at random?
    Heh, while the randomly expiring cookie has been an issue for awhile, it's only become an issue due to the invisibility of supporter posts when logged out.

I guess I'll just have to wait until the new approach for handling supporter posts is worked out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    Damn right Helio! In our days we had to login twice a day, uphill both ways before making a post! Then maybe, by the grace of Horace the post would appear for discussion!

Kids and their newfangled toys.... GET OF MY LAWN!
    You're the priviledged one!

In my days I had to compose curl requests myself, and connect a wire from my 486 to the hivemind, only to check the RSS. Many fingers were lost in this work, but luckily my valet was there for the really dangerous parts.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    You're the priviledged one!

In my days I had to compose curl requests myself, and connect a wire from my 486 to the hivemind, only to check the RSS. Many fingers were lost in this work, but luckily my valet was there for the really dangerous parts.
    Ha, such privilige! In my day, I had to print each individual data packet I wanted to send to the Hivemind, walk over to Her Majesty's Royal Mail, buy stamps, send the packet, go back home, print the next data packet, etcetera etcetera - uphill both ways of course.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    uphill both ways of course.
    Such spoiled brats, living in the higher parts of the city! I had to go uphill both ways, and then go down some staircase, and go lower everytime I had to leave home. With the rats, and the faeces, and the discarded bits of paper you privileged scum used when sending packets to the Hivemind. Sometimes when I had no money to send my packets, which was everytime, the only contact I had was with those pieces of paper. Bits of puns, Horace written in all caps, we had and cherished every scrap of The Flare Path.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Such spoiled brats, living in the higher parts of the city! I had to go uphill both ways, and then go down some staircase, and go lower everytime I had to leave home. With the rats, and the faeces, and the discarded bits of paper you privileged scum used when sending packets to the Hivemind. Sometimes when I had no money to send my packets, which was everytime, the only contact I had was with those pieces of paper. Bits of puns, Horace written in all caps, we had and cherished every scrap of The Flare Path.
    :D

You win, sir.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Is this Monty-Python sniping? Are we all being driven into special bits of filtered fora now?

Speaking of the Flare Path, it is woefully absent today! Anyone fancy starting up the Spitfire MKVIV's and having a go for a Search and Rescue?!
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?