It's official: we need a Lighthouse Customer article on this game

So, I was browsing the Steam store, and happened upon this. It kinda looks like the best thing ever.

I was conflicted over whether to recommend it for a Lighthouse Customer article or S.EXE, but part of me desperately wants to read about it from a first-person perspective, in classic Livingston style. I'd send the suggestion to him directly, but his email address is listed as null@rockpapershotgun.com, which sounds like a placeholder instead of a real address. I also see that he has twitter contact info listed, but registering for twitter just to make a suggestion feels excessive (you read that right, I don't use twitter. Or Facebook, for that matter. I'm Amish.) Anyways, I thought I'd leave this here in the hopes that the suggestion finds its way to Chris.

It's only Tuesday but the "what the hell did I just read?" quota has already been met. You have my vote on that LC article for sure.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

As a side note: This game actually has been mentioned in a frontpage article, quite some time ago:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...lown-the-coop/

Edit: But wait, there is more! http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/hatoful-boyfriend/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Squiz: Well, your first link is about the original, not the remake. Not sure if the remake is sticking to the same overall story arc but apparently Moa's writing new content for it too.

Also, remember Hatoful Boyfriend is a parody. Yes, it's weird, but it is intentionally taking the Michael in many respects. At the same time, while I doubt it's going to convert many people to visual novels in the long run it's still a pretty good example of the genre. Having been through Angie Gallant's brilliant Let's Play of the original it's a genuinely awesome story overall. Complete nonsense, but surprisingly coherent, well-written nonsense, with plenty of reasons to replay it multiple times to get all the endings. I paid for the original even though I'd seen pretty much every route by reading that Let's Play - I'd laughed so often and so hard I felt Moa deserved my money even if I never actually played the game, and I might pick up the remake for much the same reason.
    I post photos here. I write stories here. I'm on Twitter here.

I didn't even realise there was more than a single instance of such weirdness. o___o

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    I didn't even realise there was more than a single instance of such weirdness. o___o
    Going by Moa's Tumblr account the woman's managed to turn it into a mini-franchise.

(The RPS post about the remake has someone from Mediatonic in the comments saying it is first and foremost an attempt to get it running reliably on modern systems - they're using the existing English translation and the only new content is written by Moa, not anyone else. I approve of this. Increases the chance of me picking it up - I haven't tried the original with Win8.1 but I could imagine it going horribly wrong.)
    I post photos here. I write stories here. I'm on Twitter here.

Also, bear in mind Hatoful Companion can be a parody. Without a doubt, it is weird, nonetheless it can be purposefully acquiring the Erina in numerous aspects. As well, whilst My partner and i hesitation it will eventually convert many people in order to image books in the long run it is still an attractive very good case in point in the style. Obtaining experienced Angie Gallant's brilliant We should Enjoy in the initial it's a really brilliant account general. Total rubbish, nevertheless interestingly coherent, well-written rubbish, together with plenty of reasons in order to replay the item several times to have every one of the endings. My partner and i taken care of the original although I'd personally witnessed almost any course by simply reading through that We should Enjoy : I'd personally jeered often so hard My partner and i thought Moa deserved my income even if My partner and i by no means in fact played the game, and I'd personally get the rebuilding pertaining to in the same cause.

_______Edwordstephen_______