Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    Other people have asked for sub-forums, but I'd like to ask specifically for a dev forum for those looking for feedback on their games, etc. Maybe move that TBS strategy design thread in there as well, keep it easier to find rather than having it a mess in the bigger boards.

I would like to give the following feedback.

The new forum makes people post more. I deem it a fine success.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    I think the return of the Writer's Hive sub forum would be a welcome addition to the new forums, there was some excellent stuff in there from time to time.

Banned
    how about a theme? Like we could all have gangster avatars and pretend we are in the mob and paint the forum blue and start selling second rate hardware. it could be well cool1

Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    Now if I could just figure out how to have the board take me to the last post I read in a thread, we'd be golden.
    Yes, this is something I'm used to in forums (and, I think, something that happened on the old forum). Is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by mrchinchin25 View Post
    I'd third this
    I'll fourth this (RSS feeds).

Really important to my life...

Well, okay, mildly important then.

This would be cool:

Optional Steam integration in the forums.

I have an issue with the search function. It appears that when I search for a word (like "Terraria"), the results tell me which thread the word is in, but don't allow me to go directly to the first post in which it appears. With threads potentially being long and variable in their topic-stickiness, this would be useful.

While tinkering I've found that displaying 40 posts per page, firefox's in-page search and each individual thread's "search thread" function have helped.

It's also quite possible that I'm Doing It Wrong. Happy to be guided.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzko View Post
    I have an issue with the search function. It appears that when I search for a word (like "Terraria"), the results tell me which thread the word is in, but don't allow me to go directly to the first post in which it appears. With threads potentially being long and variable in their topic-stickiness, this would be useful.
    Well, my only suggestion is that after you find the thread, you can actually use the "search this thread" button to find the posts.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkNoghri View Post
    This would be cool:

Ooh, this is something I'd like to see. Not even that elaborate, but just something like they did with skype and everything, a little icon that links to your Steam profile.

Network Hub
    Well I tried to search for "rss" to see if it was mentioned in this seven page thread, but apparently that term was excluded because it's too short. I know RSS feeds can be enabled in vBulletin but for the life of me I can't find one on this forum. It would be really helpful for threads like the Blood Bowl leagues, which sometimes get 40 posts a day. If the feature is already in and I'm an idiot, feel free to tell me so AFTER you point me in the right direction.

Network Hub
    Liking the new look in general, and the new Ignore function. I do miss the old Gravatars though. I haven't decided how much effort I can be bothered to get it back yet though.

The ability to have our real names show up somewhere on our posts would be nice.

edit: also, remove postcounts from the bit to the left of posts, and let us set our own titles (so I never lose the "Obscure Node" one, for it is good).

edit 2: can someone please take mercy on us all and change the title of the Game Clubs forum to "Game Clubs And General Sociability OK" before that lower case K drives us all insane.
    Last edited by Ansob; 04-06-2011 at 03:20 PM.

Banned
    This would be cool:

Yeah I'd like to see that for sure.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansob View Post
    ...also, remove postcounts from the bit to the left of posts...

...please take mercy on us all and change the title of the Game Clubs forum to "Game Clubs And General Sociability OK" before that lower case K drives us all insane.
    This. Or at least make the post counts actually work.

This would be cool:

Also this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizlah View Post
    I would like to give the following feedback.

The new forum makes people post more. I deem it a fine success.
    And this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    We have a "block" function on the front page now, I don't suppose there are any plans to extend that functionality to the forums as well? We seem to have a huge volume of new posters back here, and most of them seem lovely, but a few... well it's always nice to have options, no?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    vinraith - click on the offensive party's name and choose "View Profile", then "Add To Ignore List". You need never hear from me again :)

I wonder, are you told when someone ignores you? You could start libelling them with every post and they'd never know.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Bah, I poked around the interface a bit but totally missed that. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    vinraith - click on the offensive party's name and choose "View Profile", then "Add To Ignore List". You need never hear from me again :)

I wonder, are you told when someone ignores you? You could start libelling them with every post and they'd never know.

@vinraith
    What happened to Professor Farnsworth? Your posts are just not the same when I don't subconsciously read them in his voice.

Banned
    We could probably do with a retro gamers forum for all of those people who want to tell us how great the old days were (and how terrible the new games are).