Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    How on earth do you set a signature on this forum.

I've been buggering around for the last twenty minutes to to no avail.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    You need to go to Settings (next to Log Out), then in the side bar on the left there should be an option for 'Edit Signature'. Signature away!
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/522vl.jpg

While I appreciate your help either I'm very soft in the head or no such thing exists for me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Hmmm, that is certainly odd! It's very possible it's tied to number of posts/activity. After 10, it might be activated?
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

That does seem the most likely situation. Danke anyway.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Man, look at this sweet forum: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...ing-Discussion.

It's just full of people talkin' about computers-game and stuff! About its softwares and hardwares and musics and mods and sales and stories and designs and bigguns and littluns and how some of them are fun and some of them are pretty and some of them are both of those things. Some people have even played one!

Indeed I feel that I might click any thread at random from the first page and stand a good chance of finding it nice to read. Sometimes in the past I would look at all the threads and think, "all the threads are boring" but I don't feel that way about the current set of threads. They are loomed into a luminescent tapestry of e-distraction about all the best and most entertaining executables. Thanks, internet.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to mention it, but the Game Clubs sub-forum now has a fair few Dominions 3/4 threads clogging it up and a sub-sub-forum just for us would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to mention it, but the Game Clubs sub-forum now has a fair few Dominions 3/4 threads clogging it up and a sub-sub-forum just for us would be much appreciated.
    Beat me to it!

Also we could then have nice things like stickies with new player info/resources to point people to.

Obscure Node
    Time zones on registration seem to be a bit off - Moscow is GMT+4, not +3 as forum thinks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    The Welcome/Notifications/Logout button panel thing is kind of hard to read. On my screen it has shifted down and to the right so that, while it appears placed with intention and lines up nicely, it is white on light-gray instead of white on red. Maybe it's some sort of error or maybe it's an intentional change, but in any case it's hard to read.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    And when you're not logged in the login boxes have become a bit weird, and whenever I enter my password I get sent to the incorrect password screen, from where I can log in properly.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    And when you're not logged in the login boxes have become a bit weird, and whenever I enter my password I get sent to the incorrect password screen, from where I can log in properly.
    True, it's weird. It's as if the textboxes have infinite amount of empty spaces in them?

Now the notifications and login seem to have moved back to their usual place, but the login itself is still broken.

The login box should be behaving itself again now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gwathdring View Post
    The Welcome/Notifications/Logout button panel thing is kind of hard to read. On my screen it has shifted down and to the right so that, while it appears placed with intention and lines up nicely, it is white on light-gray instead of white on red. Maybe it's some sort of error or maybe it's an intentional change, but in any case it's hard to read.
    Yay! Now it's back in a readable place. :) Thanks!
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    The login box should be behaving itself again now.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    Glad to see it wasn't only me who had to deal with the issue last weekend. Good that it has been fixed.

Obscure Node
    PLEASE let new users create threads. This is the kind of restriction that creates an insular community. Do people have to prove their worthy before being allowed a basic tool to any Internet forum? There won't be total anarchy if anyone can create new threads.

I wanted to create a thread letting people know the insane levels of invasion of privacy that PunkBuster allows itself, a software that you'll have installed if you played games like Red Orchestra 2, the last three AssCreed games, pretty much any Battlefield game. Punkbuster will run even when the game's not running, it is allowed taking screenshots of anything. I found it running on my PC, even though the last time I played a game with it was five months ago, RO2.

More complete info here
    http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/ZoranCunningham/20131004/201504/The_problem_with_PunkBuster_and_the_lack_of_good_a nticheat_solutions.php

Seriously though, lift this restriction. Just be more welcoming to users.

Also, put a "forgot my password" option somewhere in the login screen. I couldn't find it in there. Then I kept getting login info wrong, and of course keeping in line with the strict nature of the forums, I was only allowed 5 chances to get it wrong. Meanwhile, no option to reset my password or anything similar anywhere in sight. IIRC, I found this option in the "register" page, completely inappropriate place. But maybe it was somewhere in the login page and I couldn't find it.
    Last edited by Feferuco; 07-10-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feferuco View Post
    PLEASE let new users create threads. This is the kind of restriction that creates an insular community. Do people have to prove their worthy before being allowed a basic tool to any Internet forum? There won't be total anarchy if anyone can create new threads.
    It's not to prove worthiness -- it's to give the powers that be a chance to find & eliminate spammers before they cause too much havoc. Before this restriction there were in the region of 40-50 spam threads created daily, versus 1-2 per month now.

Obscure Node
    Well then try to improve your security against spambots. I've been to busier forums where I find zero spamming and that have laxer security features, at least when it comes to restricting user activity. I know, "try to improve you security against spambots" is easier said than done. Probably would involve restructuring everything.