Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    The forum seems to track SOME (not all, apparently, which is confusing me) your thread positions via Cookies. So if you open it in another session, it'll place another Cookie.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Yeah, I've noticed that sometimes I can close the forum and come back, and it'll flag up topics - with my own post being the last one - as unread. I've often found myself reading posts marked as "unread" that I'd seen an hour or two before.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus thegooseking's Avatar
    kokosina.in has been attacking vBulletin forums, and has apparently hit this one, now.

Haven't heard about a proper fix for it, yet, but here's a thread about it on the vB forums: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...e-Getting-This

Avast blocks malware every time I open a page on the forum.

Lesser Hivemind Node DigitalSignalX's Avatar
    Can you guys enable strikethrough or strikeout codes please? It's default off for some reason in vbulletin and needs to be switched on if you so desire.

[s]test[/s]

[strike]test[/strike]

From a google search:
    1. In AdminCP, go to Custom BB Codes and click Add New BB Code
    2. Enter the following info in the appropriate fields:
    Title: Strikethrough
    Tag: Strike
    Replacement: <strike>{param}</strike>
    Complete the rest of the fields as you like (to be honest, I believe the only field that you "must" set up as I've described is the "Replacement" one, as that's the one that tells vBulletin what html code you want to use for this bb code)
    Last edited by DigitalSignalX; 24-12-2011 at 06:27 PM.
    All times I have enjoyed greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those that loved me, and alone.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    For some odd reason the arrow keys on my netbook keyboard aren't working on the forum site - fine in other browser tabs, it's just here. Arrow keys move the page, not the typing cursor, which can be a right pain when I need to go back and fix things.

Anyone else having the same issue? And what might be the cause?
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Quote Originally Posted by TailSwallower View Post
    For some odd reason the arrow keys on my netbook keyboard aren't working on the forum site - fine in other browser tabs, it's just here. Arrow keys move the page, not the typing cursor, which can be a right pain when I need to go back and fix things.

Anyone else having the same issue? And what might be the cause?
    Yep, I have the same issue on my netbook.
    "You go up to a man, and you say, "How are things going, Joe?" and he says, "Oh fine, fine — couldn't be better." And you look into his eyes, and you see things really couldn't be much worse. When you get right down to it, everybody's having a perfectly lousy time of it, and I mean everybody. And the hell of it is, nothing seems to help much." - Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Are the forum and article comments login meant to be different? I had to ask for a password reminder when making a comment (And using that currently) but my original registration still works here.

Either I borked somewhere or is this a bug? Halp!
    Last edited by khaz; 08-01-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    Are the forum and article comments login meant to be different?
    Yep, two different accounts are required. A Wordpress one for the main site comments and a vBulletin one for the forums.

Welcome to the community!
    "You go up to a man, and you say, "How are things going, Joe?" and he says, "Oh fine, fine — couldn't be better." And you look into his eyes, and you see things really couldn't be much worse. When you get right down to it, everybody's having a perfectly lousy time of it, and I mean everybody. And the hell of it is, nothing seems to help much." - Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Oh good, I didn't bork then. Thanks. :)

And it's good to be here after a long time lurking/reading.

Obscure Node
    I feel a select few have been getting a little carried away on these forums, I've read RPS and the forums for a long long time you see from my post count i rarely post. It seems though genuine argument and conversation which are RPS mainstays are being steered unintentionally by the few who post the most/loudest. Its not uncommon to see little known voices with great points brushed aside in favor of a few fleshing out there own points to no end. I only mention this cause it seems more people have been getting on the whats wrong with rps bandwagon and i don't think its hard to see how the community can shelf some of that blame. RPS really used to be one of the most welcoming communities out there in the interwebs, i don't think it would hurt to remember that.

While I'm at it. Quoting people in your signatures to score a few cheap points at there expense is pathetic.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Townroe View Post
    I feel a select few have been getting a little carried away on these forums, I've read RPS and the forums for a long long time you see from my post count i rarely post. It seems though genuine argument and conversation which are RPS mainstays are being steered unintentionally by the few who post the most/loudest. Its not uncommon to see little known voices with great points brushed aside in favor of a few fleshing out there own points to no end. I only mention this cause it seems more people have been getting on the whats wrong with rps bandwagon and i don't think its hard to see how the community can shelf some of that blame. RPS really used to be one of the most welcoming communities out there in the interwebs, i don't think it would hurt to remember that.

While I'm at it. Quoting people in your signatures to score a few cheap points at there expense is pathetic.

This sums up my thoughts entirely. RPS is still a very solid community but it could do with a friendly reminder to keep on track.

I also am sick of the Wizardry witch hunt. Wizardry is no more or less brash than those that attack him. Give it a break.

Quote Originally Posted by sockeatsock View Post
    I also am sick of the Wizardry witch hunt. Wizardry is no more or less brash than those that attack him. Give it a break.
    I think the "Wizardry witch hunt" has largely been non-existent as of late, and when it is, it's generally his own fault for posting something quite clearly intended to spark it.

It's no different for anyone else here. I've been a part of both sides of the coin, as have many of those who post regularly.

Network Hub
    The King Arthur II ad doesn't really work well with the site, imo.

The "Search" and "Read our Finest Words" boxes block the logo of the game, making it difficult to tell what game it is unless you are already a fan (and thus, don't really need the ad.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    When I go to this thread I'm shown as not logged in, and logging in at the top of the page redirects back to the same thread, still not logged in. As soon as I go to anything else on the forum I'm logged in again, without the logging in redirect, even with the offending thread open in another tab. Weird, huh?

Found a little problem - Those little icons which mention tags/attachments? They can cover up the page numbers for moderate to longer topics in search results, meaning it's very hard to go straight to the last page or even see what the last page number is:

Obviously, there's a few workarounds for it (go to the latest post, click the title and then go to the last page, etc.), but I just thought I'd point it out.

I wasn't sure where to put this, but I think here's as good a place as any.

I think the forums could possibly benefit from a front-line, visible moderating team. I think it'd be great for many reasons - Firstly, if members have a problem they'll know who to go to. Secondly, if they tell people to stop being dicks, it'll be more visible and (arguably) carry more weight. Thirdly, it looks a little "better".

There's been a number of arguments, hostile discussions and so forth lately (and no, I'm not going to state I had no part in it), and I'd say a more prominent and larger mod team would hopefully help reduce the frequency of such events as well as their length(s).

Since the update to to forum, I am unable to post from my moby (HTC Desire). I can read fine, and the textboxes highlight nicely, but it simply won't allow me to enter text...
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Same problem, but with Chrome on a desktop Windows 7 machine.
    The white box I'm currently typing in (on Firefox) is grey in Chrome and can't be edited.

Also, when I close the tab or click to go somewhere else I get a dialogue that says "Changes made to the editor will be lost. Do you want to save changes?".

Ah, never mind. It was part of my multi-layered add defences that was messing it up.

We just had a daylight savings time switch over here in the States, but the forum didn't update automatically, which is the option I had it on. Changing it to "Always use DST" displayed the correct time, and then changing it back to "Detect DST automatically" also displayed the correct time. So the latter option is able to tell when DST is in effect, it just didn't display the changes without a 'reminder'.