Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gwathdring View Post
    Why is necroing bad? You can't win--if you make a thread about something that already existed as a thread you get called out for not knowing how to use the search function. :\
    It's not the necroing per se. The issue is more that some people just want to get to 10 posts so they can post about their project on the promotion forum, so they just make 10 useless one-liners very faintly disguised as "contributions" to whatever thread they click first. That's just pollution.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Still, it's better than spam as an alternative.
    steam: sketch

If only there was a FAQ item about that.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...pam_post_count

In other news: if only people read the FAQs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    What do you know, there is a FAQ!

Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    I'm not sure all the guys you see dropping useless posts around are doing so because they want to post about their games.

Anyway, what old me always says in this case, if you want people to notice the FAQs make them impossible to miss.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    If only there was a FAQ item about that.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...pam_post_count

Is there a way to put the FAQ into the account making process so people will read it before making an account?
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Is there a way to put the FAQ into the account making process so people will read it before making an account?
    It is mentioned in the "welcome to the forums" email. Admittedly, nobody ever reads those either.

Dear Captain Awesome,

Thanks for registering at The Rock, Paper, Shotgun Forums! We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

In an effort to prevent spam, you will not be able to create topics until you have created ten posts in other topics. This restriction does not apply to topics in the "For The Promotion Of PC Game-Making Projects And Things Like That" subforum.

All the best,
    The Rock, Paper, Shotgun Forums

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I can't say I ever remember even getting one of those.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    It is mentioned in the "welcome to the forums" email. Admittedly, nobody ever reads those either.
    I read them!
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    This may be on my end, but it seems like today all my forum posts are getting crunched up into a single paragraph, with no line breaks. New Line. New paragraph. Another new paragraph. Ten line breaks. (If this has line breaks then ignore it, and i'm gonna look stupid. )New paragraph. (Using Chromium 24 on Debian)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Nope. No line breaks and no new paragraphs. Is this only me??

Well,

let

me

try.

Quote Originally Posted by BillButNotBen View Post
    Nope. No line breaks and no new paragraphs. Is this only me??
    Apparently. Tried another browser yet?
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Activated Node
    Just wanted to say. "tis a fine forum, laddy"

Network Hub
    Have the mods considered a policy of rebooting threads once they reach a certain size? It can seem intimidating or fruitless to wander in on page 255 of a three-year old thread. Less of a 'discussion' and more like adding another page to the Bible. Some other forums I frequent cap threads at 1000 posts and that seems to work quite well in stimulating discussion.

Just something to consider.
    Last edited by Lethe; 24-02-2014 at 03:18 AM.

Network Hub
    I tried to be witty with a telegram style SOS but the anti-caps algorithm defeated me. So, sans wit: FORUM IS VERY SLOW PLEASE FIX.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I can agree with this STOP
    There seems to be a problem with loading up pages STOP
    I have also noticed a bug sometimes where when editing a post the text box will show no text STOP
    This makes it rather difficult to edit messages when there is nothing to edit STOP