Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Can anyone tell me why I get a message asking if I want to leave the page every time I navigate around a thread? It's almost as if the forum thinks I'm composing a reply and checking that I don't abandon it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by corbain View Post
    How does the forum search function work?

The results show me the relevant threads, but I can't see any way to go to the relevant post within the thread.
    They highlight the relevant words, you can use the search function on your browser to Search for the proper words.
    You can also use AutoPager to put entire threads in one page for easier consumption.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Quote Originally Posted by Robmonster View Post
    Can anyone tell me why I get a message asking if I want to leave the page every time I navigate around a thread? It's almost as if the forum thinks I'm composing a reply and checking that I don't abandon it.
    You might have previously abandoned a post and the forum software saved it automatically.
    Make sure you see a button called "Restore previous content", and if you do, restore and cancel the reply.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    You might have previously abandoned a post and the forum software saved it automatically.
    Make sure you see a button called "Restore previous content", and if you do, restore and cancel the reply.
    I cannot see any such button. Where should it be?

I cannot see any such button. Where should it be?
    Should be right in the quick reply window.
    If you can't see it, it might be another thing. Try clearing all cookies for rockpapershotgun.com and login back again.

Obscure Node
    It only happens in my Firefox window. I'm thinking an extension is making the forum think I've typed something in the message compose window.

It only happens in my Firefox window. I'm thinking an extension is making the forum think I've typed something in the message compose window.
    That's really odd. I'm out of solutions.

Obscure Node
    Hi,
    I can't create threads even thou I have over 10 posts. Does it takes a while after reaching 10 posts? Perhaps I should just give it some time?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaman42 View Post
    Hi,
    I can't create threads even thou I have over 10 posts. Does it takes a while after reaching 10 posts? Perhaps I should just give it some time?
    Why are you in such a hurry? Take some time, participate in conversations... It's a community, not a broadcast station.

Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Why are you in such a hurry? Take some time, participate in conversations... It's a community, not a broadcast station.
    And if you want to broadcast your game, use the Promotion forum.

Obscure Node
    I don't know, normally pretty stressed out so, nothing in particular. Thought the thread I was going to make was a good start to introduce myself. I felt some of the posts I made in the other threads was a bit forced if you get my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaman42 View Post
    I don't know, normally pretty stressed out so, nothing in particular. Thought the thread I was going to make was a good start to introduce myself. I felt some of the posts I made in the other threads was a bit forced if you get my point.
    Ah yes, I understand. It's a good thread. It's just that usually the people who come here asking about the 10 post limit just want to copypaste their sales pitch in a new thread and then they're never seen again... But everything's cool now!

Quote Originally Posted by sandhyaochre View Post
    Why the forum deactivates the account?
    Why does the forum do what, exactly?
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Quote Originally Posted by sandhyaochre View Post
    Why the forum deactivates the account?
    Your very first post contained a link which will usually flag it as spam. Accounts with a low post count will be deleted as well in such a case.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Does anyone uses my Rock Paper Terminal userstyle?

Fret now, now there's a (beta) version for the forums.
    https://userstyles.org/styles/105936...erminal-forums
    Works best in conjuction with https://userstyles.org/styles/93689/rock-paper-centered

Is it just me or did the forum layout just move to the left? Wasn't it in the middle?

Is it just me or did the forum layout just move to the left? Wasn't it in the middle?
    I can't say I've noticed a change, but now that you've mentioned it I do see that the forum layout is on the left side of the screen (the black bar on the right is much wider than the black bar on the left). Can't remember if it has always been like this though.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Hi, do I need two accounts for the forum and the main site ? I can post in the forum and yet I can't comment the articles :-( When I try, I'm asked to login even if I"m already logged in the forum. Besides, my username and password are nor accepted.

Very enjoyable site, btw, wether I agree or not with the content, it's always nicely written. Wich is such a rare quality in today's journalism that a casual gamer as meself will come back and read even if its not in his mother tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tevildo View Post
    Hi, do I need two accounts for the forum and the main site ? I can post in the forum and yet I can't comment the articles :-( When I try, I'm asked to login even if I"m already logged in the forum. Besides, my username and password are nor accepted.

Very enjoyable site, btw, wether I agree or not with the content, it's always nicely written. Wich is such a rare quality in today's journalism that a casual gamer as meself will come back and read even if its not in his mother tongue.
    yup, the front page and the forums are two different systems.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I'm trying to contact someone but their inbox is full.
    That's why I miss the ability to leave visitor messages on profile pages.