Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Why did this post broke the layout?
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...=9845#post9845
    And sorry if this is the wrong place...
    Did your post contain any weird HTML?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    Did your post contain any weird HTML?
    I just replied with a quote. let's see if it breaks here too...

EDIT:No, just there. Hmm...

Nice job on the forum, I was a bit of an idiot and couldn't see the massive what's new button but now I have woken up all is good.
    Last edited by Sp4rkR4t; 26-06-2011 at 10:21 AM.

Heads-up: the rules have gone missing.
    Last edited by Rii; 01-07-2011 at 05:09 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Dunno if it's been posted elsewhere, but threads with enough pages that have tags and attachments cause problems clicking on page numbers. It takes quite a bit of fine tuning to be able to click on a specific page, instead of the tag or attachment.

Network Hub
    I'm still dying for RSS support. Help a Blood Bowl player out!

Activated Node
    Regarding post counts: what spoke against the Ork-names for ranks?
    (On a more serious note, the background image fails to load and leaves me with a blank white background (Opera 11.50).) EDIT: turns out my browser blocked it (had to block the flash ads due to a shockwave error)
    Last edited by Shark; 13-08-2011 at 08:35 PM.

So, umm, given that the rules are still missing from the rules forum I'm not sure how productive entering a post here is going to be, but whatever:

"Tech Help" -> "Tech Help & Discussion"
    "Other Stuff" -> "Other Gaming"

New forum: General Discussion

Or alternatively just rebrand/clarify "Other Stuff" as "General Discussion".

Rationale behind each suggestion should be fairly self-evident.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Is there any chance of increasing the limit of PMs to 500 or something? 50 is rather limited, considering how many diplomacy-heavy games I am currently involved in with other fine gents of this particular clan of PC Gamers.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

The PM notification link (in the horizontal menu at the top of the screen) is very unobtrusive and easy to miss, which can make it hard to contact people who don't regularly check for the notification. This causes a bit of a problem when running RPS gaming events. Can we have a pop-up or something to make it stand out more, please?

Quote Originally Posted by WombatDeath View Post
    The PM notification link (in the horizontal menu at the top of the screen) is very unobtrusive and easy to miss, which can make it hard to contact people who don't regularly check for the notification. This causes a bit of a problem when running RPS gaming events. Can we have a pop-up or something to make it stand out more, please?
    I get popups -- I thought they were enabled by default, but perhaps I'm wrong. Go to the "settings" page (this link should do it if you're logged in: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...do=editoptions ), and in the "private messaging" section there's an option to show popups when you get PMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    I get popups -- I thought they were enabled by default, but perhaps I'm wrong. Go to the "settings" page (this link should do it if you're logged in: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...do=editoptions ), and in the "private messaging" section there's an option to show popups when you get PMs.
    Right you are! I stand corrected, thank you.

Can we have a sticky thread in which indie developers can present (advertise) their games? I think I do not only speak for myself when I say that I'm tired of people with one post going all "Have you seen this awesome new game I am most definitely not affiliated with?".
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Agreed. And perhaps there should be something done about those who constantly advertise them.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Indeed. I suggested this very thing, but I did it in a thread (one that was talking about an upcoming Indie game, IIRC), so there's every chance that it was missed by the mods.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    I don't mind the advertisement, but I'd appreciate if more indie-devs would just own up to actually advertising their own products. This "I'm just a fan, really, who wants to tell you about this super awesome game" is not helping the game at all.

An official subforum might solve that for everyone.

Also, more PMs please? :)
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Lesser Hivemind Node TillEulenspiegel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    This "I'm just a fan, really, who wants to tell you about this super awesome game" is not helping the game at all.
    Sockpuppet advertising is pretty weird. I'd much rather talk to the creator than some random guy I don't know. Either your game's good, or it isn't - focus on explaining it clearly and concisely.

There's a flash advert for WOW/Anno 2070 that seems to be breaking the forums layout.

Mr Bakke, that should already be fixed :)

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    Here's something that's been bugging me for a while - often when I visit these fine forums, loads of threads will have bold titles. "Great!", I think, "Lots of lovely people talking about lovely PC games, or the correct usage of the word rape." But then I click the link and the most recent post is one I've already read. Sometimes it'll even be one of mine (which I've definitely read).
    So, yeah. It doesn't seem to be correctly tracking which posts are new and which are not. I do go through the entire forum and open anything I want to read in a new tab, then read through them one by one - could that have something to do with it?