Blood Bowl on Tablets?

http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/game-bb-tablet.html

*The base game enables you to play Humans and Orcs: the other races are available from the in-game store.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I have wanted a BB mobile game in a long while.

However I really hope this has cross-play with PC users. But it sounds like you'll have a separate account.... unless you are buying 'mobile-friendly-team options for your BB account though, somehow I doubt this is the case. Missed opportunity if not.

However, hot seat mode on a single tablet would be pretty cool.
    Last edited by Screwie; 02-07-2014 at 12:28 PM.

Given that it looks like the same game as the current version, and that Blood Bowl has a really standard rule-set, cross play with PC *should* be a reachable goal... here's hoping!

Also, I don't really have the time at the moment to dedicate 2 hours to play a DoD game, but I could almost certainly play asynchronously from my tablet...

When you click on one of the pictures it mentions that it is cross play compatible so I assume that means PC.

Interesting that they've got the other teams available "in the in-game store" - wonder if they're thinking along those lines for BB2 as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I hope I'd you buy teams on one platform you get them on the other and if you have asynchronous games you could even swap platforms mid game. That would be badass. Sat on the bus submitting turns. Sure 4 or 2 minute games would remain "real bloodbowl" but a PBEM style slow match would be a good feature.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

If the tablet version is a port of BB1 I'd be surprised if buying anything in it unlocked stuff in BB2 - I really doubt they'll be compatible with one another so it wouldn't make any sense from Cyanide's point of view.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    BB isn't an asynchronous game, not without some dramatic simplification/modification of the rules:
    • Most skills, by virtue of being optional, require input on your opponent's turn.
    • Some skills very explicitly require input in your opponent's turn (Side Step, DT, Pass Block, Dump-Off).
    • Even the fundamental 2D uphill block needs your opponent's input.

So you wait for the input, I didn't say it would be quick. It's perfectly doable.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Blood Bowl is the adaptation of the famous Warhammer Fantasy football board game created by Games Workshop.Assemble your team from among six fantastic races* in the Warhammer universe (Humans, Orcs, Dwarfs, Skaven, Wood Elves and Chaos). Each race has its own strengths, weaknesses and numerous opportunities to develop which will lend an immense tactical depth to the game.
    Immerse yourself in single games in Solo Player mode to enjoy fun matches that won’t make your head hurt, or set off to conquer the Blood Bowl in the extensive Campaign mode. Develop your team and players by gaining victories and experience as you progress in the game.
    In Multiplayer you can compete against a friend on your tablet in “Hotseat” mode, or launch yourself into the vast online world in a massive permanent league where you can create and develop your teams. Play against Blood Bowl players from all over the world thanks to our cross-platform multiplayer modes!

*The base game enables you to play Humans and Orcs: the other races are available from the in-game store.
    Unclear if cross-platform means Android and Apple, or if you can play tablet vs PC. I guess it's just tablets as there are only 6 races? 2.99 for humans + orcs with the others available for more money.

From reading the official forums, it sounds like it accesses the same servers as the current PC game. What that means for leagues... well...

Have to say though, 2.99 for two of my least favourite races and then more nickel-and-diming for the rest of the races is a bit unappealing....

Might be a nice way to watch replays if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Might be a nice way to watch replays if nothing else.
    I was thinking that, if they did a free client, then I'd use it for that!

Just got it for my iPad and in MP it's showing my only Orc team in Nagg.

It's the same login screen as for the PC, not really had a chance to search other leagues or play a game yet, but looks like it links directly for cross platform play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethelred View Post
    Just got it for my iPad and in MP it's showing my only Orc team in Nagg.

It's the same login screen as for the PC, not really had a chance to search other leagues or play a game yet, but looks like it links directly for cross platform play.
    Are there opposition teams that are outside of the 6 that you can buy? e.g. could you play against some Helves?

Thank you hivemind! (or the neuron known as Shards)

Between this and Frozen synapse, my android tablet is capable of providing some proper games at last. Oh, and dosbox X-Com.

Anyone know the price of additional races in the in-app store?

I know I intend to buy it off Amazon and use their fun bux.

I doubt it'll work on my phone though :o

Quote Originally Posted by Shards View Post
    Are there opposition teams that are outside of the 6 that you can buy? e.g. could you play against some Helves?
    i'll try and get a game in later - my ipad (stupidly by me) was set to lock after 2 minutes which d/c'd me from the server each time.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I doubt it'll work on my phone though :o
    Apparently not - unless you've rooted your phone, it won't let you download it (http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/view...3940&start=110).