Page 23 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    Sorry VV, unexpected Sunday flight plans. I can do Saturday after 4.
    Aww, I was hoping to Grimrock my Saturday afternoon. Just poke me when you see me online in any way.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Network Hub
    I couldn't find Moondogjazz on Steam, so I'll just post here that I'm up for a game this weekend.

Hi Groovy, looks like we've got some stunties to collectively crush :) I'm free all day tomorrow, plus Monday, Thursday and Friday evenings from about 20:00BST.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    Aww, I was hoping to Grimrock my Saturday afternoon. Just poke me when you see me online in any way.
    How about 10am GMT on Sunday?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Psst, Moony... El Cubo's your first opponent ;)

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by moondogjazz View Post
    How about 10am GMT on Sunday?
    How about afternoon instead? I could start at 3pm GMT or later.

3pm sounds fine. FYI my Steam ID is Moondog rather than moondogjazz.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Psst, Moony... El Cubo's your first opponent ;)
    I was so used to a forum layout where the reply button is at the top of a post that I clicked on the reply for the post above :).

Ah gotcha :)

You confused me!

So, the starting match of the Goblet saw Gorm's Sidestepping Goblins vs my greenskinned random-skilled tiny ones. While Gorm had a spare Goblin more than me, our teams were perfectly matched at 1310 TV.

Relying on my super-skilled Goblins such as Nutshell, the human-strength goblin, or Littleballs, the fastest fanatic ever on the pitch, I decided to receive first to thin out the opposition.

This resulted in 7 turns of one big brawl in the middle of the pitch, with both teams unable to cause anything but the occasional (rare) KO, and lots and lots and lots of ineffectual pushing. And trolls on both sides that decided to rather sleep through the match several turns in a row, instead of maybe standing up or pushing something themselves.

Desperate to bring this to a closure, I attempted a half-hearted pushing orgy to get one of my trolls free, passed the ball to a nearby goblin, grabbed said goblin, threw him and had him run to the finish line in turn 8.
    Surprisingly, this did not even cost any rerolls.

The second half saw some fun bombardier vs bombardier action and the first and only death of the match - my slightly crippled -MV frontline goblin bit the dust after trying to bite a bomb with an unsuccessful attempt to pass it back. Incidentally, a few turns later, my own bombardier gets blown up by a failed relaunch and is the second casualty.

Finally, though, my trolls begin to earn their keep and stop stupidly lazying around so much, but after my own bombardier took out my rear-guard, even a thrown goblin wasn't enough to stop the counter-scoring, leaving me with 4 turns to make the win.

So, we set up for another grab-and-throw. This time going for Nutshell, figuring that he of all goblins has the best chance to survive any attempts to block him. And again, it works beautifully - a flying goblin is a beauty to behold, and I score 2-1 in turn 15, after knocking out a few more opposing goblins.

A riot gives me another turn to punch back. Due to a deep kick, Gorm cannot get the ball to one of his goblins in position for a throw, but the ball is lying tantalizingly close to the opposing TD line. My trolls were set up a bit behind, and the final thrown goblin fails to scatter close enough to make a third touchdown. The game ends 2-1 for the Shortstuff Stumblers, who got extra-ordinarily lucky with the throws but shared Gorm's bad luck in trying to knock anything over.
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.

Network Hub
    Yesterday, It Came for Dessert turned out to be the victor in their match against Green Goopants. The goblins had trouble utilizing their arsenal of secret weapons and big dumb trolls: Lack of troll-handlers confused the trolls overmuch. One lucky halfling evaded the advances of a fanatic goblin at least thrice until a treeman intervened and finally knocked the ball-swinging maniac down. The looney managed to fracture an arm off a halfling, but subsequently got knocked out by enraged little folk. For inciting a mass-fouling of Deeproot Strongbranch, the bombardier got sent off by the ref. These memorable events inspired the halflings to score a touchdown by turn 7.

The second half saw the attack of the halflings. It caused a division in the ranks of the goblins. On one side a treeman managed to attract several goblins and a troll who tried to bring the tree down. While they did succeed in their attempt, he was quickly back on his feet again and nothing else exciting happened on that front. The other side had several halflings advancing towards the end zone. The goblins tried screening them off, but were eventually overcome by a treeman and the halflings. A touchdown by the halflings by turn 6. Green Goopants were not fazed by this. After the halflings' kick went out of bounds, a front-line goblin got hold of the ball. Displaying a rare moment of exceptional clarity, a troll who completely disregarded the harassing halfling, grabbed the ball (with the goblin still attached to it) and threw it as far as he could towards the halflings' end zone. The goblin landed on his feet and sprinted over the goal line. An amazing feat! The halflings tried to replicate the performance but that only resulted in a strained groin.

For his amazing performance of injuring one goblin, Deeproot Strongbranch was awarded as the most valuable player.

Conclusion: 2-1 for It Came for Dessert.

The Philanthropists started their new title drive in reasonable form, grinding out a 1-0 win against Groovy's Sunny Day Snotling Crθche. It was a very bashy match, with the first half as a slow grind up the pitch for the gobbos and the second half a big melee around the sidelines. Nothing much worked very well (blink and you'd miss the chainsaw loony's contribution, the bombardier blew himself up more than anyone else and I don't think any attempt to use throw team-mate worked), right down to the final turn when Groovy's last ditch attempt to score was scuppered by a failed bone-head roll eating his pass attempt for the turn.

Casualties aplenty, including a MNG for both a diving tackle gobbo and the mighty Walt Disney (another 5SPP this game for him), who also got a -1AV thrown into the bargain. Next match is going to be tough.

ntw and I just played our match, concluding Day 1 - a few days early!

So everything is rolled on to Day 2 now - provisional deadline of the 29th April!

(Match report to follow.... probably)

terrible match - this game is so frustrating. maybe I'm a control freak?
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Network Hub
    I'm quite positive that I wrote an AAR here. But then it said that the post needed to be approved first. Did it not pass the moderation?

I've had a match report take a while to turn up (possibly due to the various creative names I came up with for the wood elfs), think it took about 12 hours or so to get vetted.

Screwie, we need to make some hot gobbo and gobbo action happen! Should be free most evenings next week after about 8:00pm, except Monday and Wednesday. I've also got this Sunday afternoon and evening free I think.
    Last edited by NieA7; 19-04-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Network Hub
    Mine has been in limbo for a few days now.

Aha! Now we're up, Moondog. Now we're up.

I can do tomorrow night or Sunday at any time I wake up sober enough to play Goblins. Which means any time, really.

Network Hub
    ntw, are you up for a game today? I can start whenever before 4pm GMT.

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    Screwie, we need to make some hot gobbo and gobbo action happen! Should be free most evenings next week after about 8:00pm, except Monday and Wednesday. I've also got this Sunday afternoon and evening free I think.
    Cool, I might be able to fit you in tomorrow evening if you're still free?

As for the match reports, that is a pain :( How do we get in touch with moderators to take a look at it?