Page 37 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    I dont think you have enough money to start with all 6 vamps.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    What about dwarf teams forced to take 8 rerolls *evil grin*
    GFI with every move.
    Forum janitor in training.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    I dont think you have enough money to start with all 6 vamps.
    They're 110k apiece and thralls cost 40k. So for 860k you'll get a whole team. 2 rerolls on top of that makes 1000k

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    GFI with every move.
    Must take 40 second turns. :P

I did consider adding some variation of Vampires, but a basic all-Thrall team is kind of dull and perhaps a little too quick and capable. And like with Lizardmen, I don't really want to use the full roster even if it does make them less consistent. Additional rules like mandatory roster or gameplay requirements just becomes more to moderate at the end of the day and doesn't necessarily address the game-worthiness of these other teams.

Having said that, the most interesting Vamp idea I could come up with was that you may never have more Thralls (including mercenaries but not journeymen) on your squad than Vamps. So if you want a full team you have to take 6 Vamps and 5-6 Thralls. It's still using the full roster though.
    Last edited by Screwie; 13-07-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Without having played either I still think that a team of rotters would be more dangerous in a stunty league than a team of thralls, both match by match and in the long run. And Vamps aren't really a tier 3 team, they're pretty much the only team that gets exponentially better as they level up (if they ever level up). By the time they get to around 2,000TV they're pretty much one of the best sides in the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    And Vamps aren't really a tier 3 team, they're pretty much the only team that gets exponentially better as they level up (if they ever level up). By the time they get to around 2,000TV they're pretty much one of the best sides in the game.
    Blood lust in a neg that can allow you to but up a ball and run in a touchdown with that player, as long as you line up a snack on the score line, I think people overlook that and think of it as simply "worse" than bonehead. Forcing max vamps seems a bad move, its brutal on those thralls, but perfectly competent.

Hell... Brutal, stunty league? Its a good fit.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

A final few hours to have your opinions heard on the new team! I will publish the new spreadsheet for applications tonight.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'm not sure about the new teams, the undead one would be really boring to play for me. The lizards are worth a shot, with or without a Krox. The nurgle one might be overpowered if they have some luck, but then again they might just fall apart.

Okay! The new sheet is ready for sign-ups.

It seems the majority of people are either on the fence or okay to give the new teams a try out, so we'll be allowing them at least for this season. But this will be their probationary period! Depending on how it all works out, at the end of the season we'll evaluate them and if they belong in the Goblet.

Just like last time, the length and format of the season will depend on the number of players involved. You should expect the season should last in the region of 6-8 games before the play-offs.

Teams from previous seasons are allowed to return and where/if possible I will try and group new with new and old with old.

If you are interested, let it be known in this thread and add your info to the "Sign Up Sheet" page of the spreadsheet (linked in the first post).

I'm out for this season, sorry :(
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Sorry to hear that ntw :(

Your're always welcome back in future seasons, of course.

As said somewhere earlier in the thread, I am going to join the Gauntlin Goblet with a Halfling team, "The Nightgaunts". Info is on the sheet.

Edit: Argh, the name has been taken. Damn, a few days ago I still had a team with that name in my roster.

Edit²: Alright, prepare to face the Mootland Murderers soon!
    Last edited by Squiz; 18-07-2012 at 06:54 AM.
    Forum janitor in training.

Signed up, looking forward to it. You could advertise in the Divs and Challenge thread Screwie, I imagine most people won't know that there's a new season starting or that different teams will be allowed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    I'm in - get a lot of enjoyment out of these games with their randomness and hilarious deaths, and my ogres are truly monstrous now ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    I'm in - get a lot of enjoyment out of these games with their randomness and hilarious deaths, and my ogres are truly monstrous now ;-)
    Are you sure I can't tempt you with the fun and hilarity of an all snotling team?

No need to make anew team even! Just let those is bloaters on your roster go!

NieA7, I will go pester the folks in the other threads, good idea :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Changing to walking dead, I might as well stick to my roots.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I was tempted to return with my Goblins, but decided to take Rotters in the end to give them a try.

(If we are short on returning teams I can always swap back.)
    Last edited by Screwie; 19-07-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    I heard there is all zombie teams so i have slunk back to the loving embrace of the stunty league, ill sign up tonight, the misses will love me playing bb three nights a week again ;-)

Welcome back :)

Hmm, I don't think the in-game league's ready for applications just yet! Just register on the spreadsheet for now and I'll sort it out once we have the format decided.