Page 56 of 100 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1981
    In the context of a stunty league I reckon the Golem would be a better piece than a mummy: bit faster and regular general access for block/tackle, MB only works if you can knock 'em over in the first place after all. I'd be happy to let them have two, though we could go one to begin with. Would mean no skeletons though, which makes the side even slower still.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    If golem is indeed better than mummies then the choice to keep skeleton access with the inferior big guys is up to the player.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Sorry I've been a bit quiet on this, but this is an interesting discussion going on. I'm happy to see so much interest :)

Also, I did not have a fair shake when I faced the skinks this season (got nuffled bad) so can't add a whole lot from my own experience. I would be happy to put all the unofficial teams' inclusion in the next season up for a vote, if necessary.

Likewise, whether we allow flesh golems or mummies into the undead team. And also what players we can allow in an Underworld team.

I have 0 experience with underworld.

But on the undead/necro teams 1 of the meat heads seems totally fine, 2 would need investigation. 2 guard mummies, with no stupid could provide the muscle and guard that would change them quite a degree. Flesh golems are despite being slow and only st4 are GS access, otherwise unheard of in the stunty leagues. Skills combinations like Block, Tackle, Mighty Blow and piling on would be regular access.

For the Underworld sides I would oppose the blitzers vehemently, linemen seem okay otherwise, throwers highly questionable.

With the mutation assess the regular linemen would still be a treasured possession like a loony or a pogo, I think a sure hands+pass player might be a little bit too much.

True, Walking Dead could be "you're choice of...". Two mummies or golems would certainly be a threat, but that's what the team seems to be missing at the moment really.

As for Underworld, I'd go for gobbos, linerats and troll, though I think I've said this before. Basic reasoning is that the side is strictly inferior to normal gobbos and skinks if you take out the linerats, with mutations only going a little way towards making up for a too-thin roster. Let the linerats in and it evens up the odds and pads the roster to 15 available players. AV7 without block or dodge doesn't last long against big guys, they'd need very careful looking after to stick around.

Throwers or blitzers would take it too close to a vanilla Underworld team, which would be pretty much automatically better than everything else.

Edit: So do you think banning the Krox and making it an all skink team would leave it stronger (lower TV, no unreliable players) or weaker (nothing to hide behind, no prehensile tail, no access to strength skills)? Krox is arguably the best Big Guy in the league and he's sitting in arguably the best team, removing him could keep things interesting.
    Last edited by NieA7; 12-02-2013 at 12:32 AM.

Krox is great when you need a meatball in the middle of your lizardmen, pointless when you have a dynamic swarm of mv8 dodgers.

If i played a skink team I'd skip the krox until I have 4/5 blockers on the team and wanted a guard for the LOS to help with the bashy bash.

My own opinions:
    • I think the Krox should stay, if the skink team stays.
    • Underworld with 2 Linerats is fine by me.
    • Mummies should be allowed but not Flesh Golems. The main difference for me is the Golems' greater skill access. But also, mummies more closely resemble the big guys in other teams. Their unusual reliability is a counterpoint for the rest of the team's lack of mobility.
    Last edited by Screwie; 12-02-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Also, Golems have ag2 which makes them just as good at ball handling as zombies. Mummies are ag1.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Alright, since we've had an interesting discussion on this I'll look to put up a poll for voting this weekend. Then we can look to setting up for the next season in a week or so.

For my part, I have decided to retire my Bully Culprits due to them getting a tad bloaty. Right now I think I'll be fielding another, much leaner, Goblin team in their stead.

Think I might bring the flings back

A voting form is now up, here and also in the OP.

Google Drive Forms have just changed their sharing permissions so let me know if you have trouble seeing it.
    Last edited by Screwie; 16-02-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Network Hub
    I sorta lost my interest in Blood Bowl for the time being so I'm gonna quit the league while I'm ahead. Thanks for the two fun seasons everyone (and especially Screwie)!

Network Hub
    Oh, and about the finale:

I got to start so I went with the good old 'feint to the side and run around their defense' play. I failed to protect the sidestepping carrier adequately, though and he got blitzed by an ogre next to the sideline. While that resulted only in pushbacks I phazed out while the clock was ticking and so groovy got to push him out of bounds anyway. The throw in landed close by and neither team could take the advantage. So the first half ended 0-0. Groovy knocked my skinks around a lot and by the end of the half, about five of them were out of comission. and I think I had nine players left for the next kick off. Some snotlings were hurt, too.

The kick-off went perfectly. The ball landed just next to the sideline in the far corner. A bunch of snotlings gathered 'round while that particularly nimble ogre went for the pick-up. Fortunately for me, he dropped it! Now the ball was thrown far away to the front and center of the ogre pitch. Naturally the skinks were all over it and I even managed to knock off three snotlings in a single turn. These events pretty much made the game as the ogres were fast running out of snotlings and were terribly out of place. So I stalled while I could and left the ogres with four or three turns to score. They got off to a good start, but the ogre with the ball eventually failed to dodge free. With the ball loose, I had the chance to run the ball in for the second touchdown.

So that's more or less how it went. It wasn't as epic a match as the finale of the previous season as it was pretty much defined by that one pick-up. Groovy had one ogre missing which probably helped. Although I'm not sure which team benefitted: had the ogres had a full team, they would have faced Morg instead of Slibli!

Thanks for the report El Cubo. :)

The Season 4 spreasheet is available for sign-ups! Please express your interest here!

(Also updated in the OP)

Network Hub
    How long have previous seasons lasted?

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Thanks for the report El Cubo. :)

The Season 4 spreasheet is available for sign-ups! Please express your interest here!

(Also updated in the OP)
    This sounds like a giggle, so I've signed up with an Ogre team
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

What were the results of the poll votes-wise?

Results are in the OP, sorry.
    Last edited by Screwie; 10-03-2013 at 11:02 PM.

Oh-my-gawd-mummies-are-going-to-fuck-up-my-rotters-so-bad.

@Web Cole, The previous season had 10 players, and so was 9 rounds long plus 2 play-off rounds... about 110 days, give or take. The schedule for this league is deliberately a bit more relaxed than the DoD or Open, as the time commitments for playing nit hem all can get tricky.

To join would be a longer commitment than to join the DoD, but less than the Open. Also I'm quite happy to delay deadlines if needed, within reason.