Page 61 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1997
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    19:00 BST Wednesday then?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    19:00 BST Wednesday then?
    Great, thanks. I'd say I'm looking forward to it, but in truth I am somewhat scared. My poor little snotties, I shouldn't get attached to them, should I?

LowKey and I were on turn 11 of our match (with everything going my way, damn it) when his net connection dropped. Given I was only leading 1-0 it doesn't feel right to take the default, could you reset it for us Screwie?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethelred View Post
    Changed my steam name back to Ethelred (my love affair with Starfleet is over) and added you as a friend mrchinchin25. Free most evenings after 8pm or msg me if I'm on steam and we'll play.
    Will do. How does this Thursday after 8pm strike you?
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    LowKey and I were on turn 11 of our match (with everything going my way, damn it) when his net connection dropped. Given I was only leading 1-0 it doesn't feel right to take the default, could you reset it for us Screwie?
    Done, but you know that already :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Thanks chap, was a slightly less brutal match resulting in a well deserved 1-0 to NieA7, during the first game I threw a goblin at the ball carrier and hit my own marker badly hurting him in the process, it was pretty great.

It was a good match, things went pretty well for me (both times). Oddly my block dice were much better the second time round but I caused less casualties in 16 turns than I had in 11. I really should have scored a second touchdown but LowKey played well with fewer players on the field, and I made a series of silly mistakes (unnecessary blocks mostly) that burned through my re-rolls too quickly. I managed one touchdown with the rookie rat but not the second, so I'm still blockless, and the troll continued its noble tradition of being utterly useless and failing to get anything at all out of the match. On the up side the MVP gobbo from last time managed a casualty, assuming a normal I think I'll go for extra arms to make moving the ball about a bit easier.

Quote Originally Posted by mrchinchin25 View Post
    Will do. How does this Thursday after 8pm strike you?
    Gah - wife's birthday so probably won't be free. How about tonight/Friday?

Hey Technojellyfish, our equally-talented Goblin teams are due to play each other next - but I'm afraid my week is jam-packed.

The earliest I'll be able to face you is next Monday evening, but I will also be free Tuesday and Friday evening. What is best for you?

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Hey!

Monday would be A-ok but most weekdays evenings work as well. I'm usually available from 7 p. m. (GMT+2 is it now? that'd be 6 p. m. Fancy British Time). Find me on Steam - or I'll find you!

Zoraster and I have just had some kind of connection problem - please don't validate our game, we didn't finish, and need a reset.
    Last edited by sinister agent; 03-04-2013 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    Zoraster and I have just had some kind of connection problem - please don't validate our game, we didn't finish, and need a reset.
    Noted, I'll sort it out tonight.

Gah - wife's birthday so probably won't be free. How about tonight/Friday?
    Also gah!! I missed this post last night...

Friday I'm busy (well it's Planetside 2 Freedom Friday) but I'm free all day Sat? Or Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs evenings?

(I will pester you on steam another day as you will be hopefully performing Good Husband Duties this fine evening)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    SA: take 3 at 15:00 Saturday? There is a slight chance I may get embroiled with a plumber but as that would require him to get a part on the day he says he’ll get it that will require him breaking the plumber’s code of practice.

I assume this plumber promised to be there at some time between 3pm and the heath death of the universe?

There's a slight possibility that I'll be caught up in something from that morning still, but I should be able to make 3pm.

Quote Originally Posted by mrchinchin25 View Post

(I will pester you on steam another day as you will be hopefully performing Good Husband Duties this fine evening)
    Yes all done for another year. ;-)

should be free Saturday evening after 8pm if not before.

Yes all done for another year. ;-)

should be free Saturday evening after 8pm if not before.
    After 8pm sounds good, I'll be about!

Cogito Ogre Sum (Ogre, sinister agent) Vs Magnificent Makeweights (Undead, Zoraster)

The deadies placed a near-perfect kick right in the back corner, and sent a few lurchers to it, while my snotlings were hoping to scoop it up and dash up the right hand side, where my ogres were clearing a path. No such luck. Snotling fluffed the pickup, sending the ball into the crowd, and it was thrown back in right at the feet of a skeleton. The ogres managed to get a few markers back on him over the next turn, but it wasn't enough, and he was able to dodge away with the ball for the first point of the game. 1 - 0 to the Makeweights!

Turn 4, and the ref takes the clock back, giving the Ogres a chance, which they took, with a good rolling scrum in the middle between the heavyweights, snotlings mostly hanging back or soaking up punches to keep ogres clear, much like their zombie foes. A lucky both down costs the Ogres a turnover, but takes a Mummy out of play for the drive, leaving room for a push. The ogres form two lines and ball carrier Ramsses zips between/around them. With a few players down to minor injuries, the deadies are unable to close it down completely, and Ramsses eventually runs it in for the equaliser in turn 7.

1 - 1!

Second half: SNOTLINGS ARE AMAZING. The undead had all the possession, and did a great job of protecting their ball carrier, and of pulling my remaining (poor Xeno took an injury that the apothecary wanted to kill him for, with much the same happening for the Makeweights' regen rolls) ogres away. They even gave wee Julius Caesar a smashed collar bone, leaving him with zero strength, but a bright future in Mr. Muscle adverts.

But it wasn't enough, as they didn't have the speed to run deep, and were swarmed by snotties at every turn, and almost every block on them was thwarted by that beautiful/infuriating combination of dodge and sidestep, as the snotties swarmed effortlessly around the cage. The dodge rolls were so good they even extended to two clumsy ogres, who sealed the marking in the last few turns with enough strength to hold the heavy cage up. The ball carrier made a brave break for it on the last turn, but there just weren't enough turns left on the clock.

A fairly satisfactory result, given how disorganised the ogres were throughout the second half. Snotlings, oh god I love snotlings. Seriously you guys.

Final score: 1 - 1. Hurrah for brave snotling warriors! Hurrah for pleasantly breakable undead skeletons!

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Hey!

Monday would be A-ok but most weekdays evenings work as well. I'm usually available from 7 p. m. (GMT+2 is it now? that'd be 6 p. m. Fancy British Time). Find me on Steam - or I'll find you!
    Hey TJF! I will be around tonight from about 7pm Fancy British time, I'll probably see you on Steam.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    I'll be there!

Still don't know how to approach a Gob vs. Gob match, though ...