Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    After DECISIVELY beating Screwie's Goblins in our two consecutive test-matches (1:1, 1:2 is decisive enough), I am all totally prepared for this.

I just have no idea when I get around to sign up. Any deadlines?
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Ideally I'd like to get us up and running in time for this weekend, however if you can't sign up before Friday night I'll push that provisional deadline back.

Je Suis Applied

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Aapppplliieedd

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'll try and get applied this evening, tomorrow if not. Depends when I have the time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Applied with 'Sunny Day Snotling Creche'. Who ensure that your snotlings will be safe and well-cared for by our ogre staff, and most certainly will not be hired out for violent blood sports. And thats a guarantee!
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Alright, the Stumblers are in.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Applied with Fat Fred's Flings

I'll apply by close of tomorrow
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

I'm in with 'Da Smarterest Teem'.

Question re Extended Inducements - does 'I've got my eye on you' have a percentage chance to work, or is it automatic if they pick the right player?
    Does it work if the potion effect failed?

Also - Does the Wizard recharge without any cheering fans, or do you need at least one cheering fan to have any recharge?
    Anyone know roughly what recharge rate is - eg, is 4 cheering fans going to give you a wizard every 2 turns?

These are the sorts of questions that have prompted the press to call 'Da Smarterest Teem' 'The "Smarterest" Ogre team in bloodbowl history.'
    Last edited by Indefatigible Snoozer; 23-11-2011 at 09:58 AM.

Will try and get applied tonight, better start thinking of a suitably witty name for my goblin horde...
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Indefatigible Snoozer View Post
    I'm in with 'Da Smarterest Teem'.

Question re Extended Inducements - does 'I've got my eye on you' have a percentage chance to work, or is it automatic if they pick the right player?
    Does it work if the potion effect failed?

Also - Does the Wizard recharge without any cheering fans, or do you need at least one cheering fan to have any recharge?
    Anyone know roughly what recharge rate is - eg, is 4 cheering fans going to give you a wizard every 2 turns?

These are the sorts of questions that have prompted the press to call 'Da Smarterest Teem' 'The "Smarterest" Ogre team in bloodbowl history.'
    I'm fairly sure the anti-inducement inducements always work if you pick the right player. I've never used them, they don't seem like a good deal and it's rare for both sides to have inducement money.

The wizard is apparently recharged by any actions that earn SPP, mainly TDs and casualties but also small amounts from dodging. Cheering fans increase the rate of recharge, but you're not guaranteed a 2nd wizard use, especially if you use it late in the game.

I believe Kelron's answers are correct.

The Wizard recharge definitely works without Cheering Fans, but I don't know what the multiplier is for each CF. Also I am not sure if Rioting Fans only serve to cancel out CFs or if they can slow the Wizard recharge directly. That might be a possibility.

Personally I very much like the Potions and Player Bribes. They are cheap ways to get an advantage and if bought in multiples, you're likely to see an effect on the field. Bodyguards and IGMEOYs not so much - particularly with stunty teams and the few player roles they have - but once players start to level up, choice targets to defend (and attack) are likely to appear.

EDIT: This kind of uncertainty would certainly put me off using Extended Inducements in a serious competition, but for the purposes of the Goblet I hope it will be new and interesting and fun. :)

Would be nice of Cyanide to write documentation for their own game, though...
    Last edited by Screwie; 28-11-2011 at 04:25 PM.

lets all play the "Would be nice of Cyanide to..." game,

I'll go first - Would be nice of Cyanide to write a decent UI for BB
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

applied

Would be nice of Cyanide to release a patch with new announcer shouts
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

The "Friendly Little Fellas" have applied.
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    - Rakysh

The Philanthropists - taken from the incomparable list of notable philanthropists on Wikipedia - have applied, lead by their head trolls Mother Theresa and Shakira.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    And I'n. "Smash, Stomp & Serve cold" (5 Ogres and only 2 rerolls as i am INSANE) because I'm uncreative and too lazy for elaborate naming schemes.
    Last edited by Wolfenswan; 24-11-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Balls, didn't wind up having time yesterday, posting from uni now but I'll try to get in tonight.

Edit: Applied 'Bend Ogre' to the league.
    Last edited by DarkFenix; 24-11-2011 at 11:52 PM.

Cool, that is all 15 teams applied to the league! :D

I asked PW yesterday if he was still okay to fill if needed and he said yes. So Mr President, if you'd be so kind as to apply with a team today/tonight then I can post the first week's matches on the spreadsheet and we can begin!