Page 14 of 100 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    I dont know

NieA7, I think we're scheduled to play next. When is convenient? I should be ok for Sunday and Monday evening (from about 6pm).

Tomorrow evening should be good, 6:00pm?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just played Jim, he beat me 2-0 but i feel it was actually a really close game. Both the TD's were near the end of the 2nd half the rest of the game could have gone either way.

Three things that probably decided the game

1: Towards the end of the first half, despite bash dominance, I had lost the ball but had it surrounded. Gorm went to scoop it up with his pogoer, failed the pickup but the crowd threw it practically to my endzone where the only guy in range was a single happy looking goblin. I scrambled some desperate defence around the guy and was pretty confident he wouldn't be able to get out, get the ball and do anything of use. And so he leapt his pogoer for a one dice blitz on one of the halflings, getting a pow, then dodged the happy goblin away from my diving tackle halfling, picked the ball up from next to yet another of my flings, dodged away and managed 2 GFIs. Without a reroll. He was now one square away from the touchline, holding the ball. After messing up my throw team mate all I could do is get a single tackle zone on that happy goblin, and so all he had to do was a simple dodge to score and end the half. And, of course, after all the ridiculousness that had got him to that position, he messed up the dodge. Gorm's "damn" in chat was a lot more restrained than what I'd have said in that situation.

2: Bombardier had been saved for the second half except apparently we'd all brought tennis racquets. First my treeman caught the bomb then threw it at a goblin to win a turnover, then, a couple of turns later, my ball carrier caught the bomb (presumably juggling it with the ball), hurled it at a troll, who also caught it, but then accidentally ate the bomb instead of continuing our game of hot potato. After that, the field was clear enough for me to chuck the carrier into scoring range and make it 1-0.

3: Gorm had 0 rerolls throughout the entire game. He lost all his starting ones to my halfling master chef, both halves. He didn't win one on a kickoff event. He spent the entire thing at the mercy of lady luck, and managed to stave her off until the final few turns, at which point he failed to pick up the ball about four times in a row while my halflings gradually got closer. After the fourth failure, he was blitzed, with the blitzing fling immediately picking up the ball first time. "That's how you do it", I think I said. The goblin didn't respond. 2-0.

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    Tomorrow evening should be good, 6:00pm?
    Yeah, 6pm should be good, see you then :).

Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    <snip>...2: Bombardier had been saved for the second half except apparently we'd all brought tennis racquets. First my treeman caught the bomb then threw it at a goblin to win a turnover, then, a couple of turns later, my ball carrier caught the bomb (presumably juggling it with the ball), hurled it at a troll, who also caught it, but then accidentally ate the bomb instead of continuing our game of hot potato. After that, the field was clear enough for me to chuck the carrier into scoring range and make it 1-0...<snip>
    Did he drop the bomb or did he actually eat it? If he ate it - PMSL, I did not know they could do that (I know they can eat teammates ofc).
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Hmm, that would be news to me too.

(On a related note yes, carrying the ball does not stop you catching a bomb... one of the first things I found out with the bomber :( )

He didn't actually eat it, he only fumbled it. Still, I like to imagine that 1 on the pass roll represents him eating the bomb in a fit of confusion.

moondogjazz and I played an exceptionally bloody game yesterday, the Halflings of Piemageddon vying with the Gobbo Philanthropists to see who'd come first in a "kick 'em in the nuts" contest.

In the end it was The Philanthropists that won...

(Not pictured: 4 KOs and a dead halfling, apo'd back to life)

Although not without Piemageddon giving them a good run for their money

(Not pictured: 3 KOs and a troll with fractured skull, apo'd to badly hurt)

Alfred Nobel had another unbelievable match with his bombs, knocking down, then stunning and finally badly hurting a treeman he took a particular dislike to (not to mention KO'ing the ball carrier at the same time). As if that wasn't enough he then withstood every attempt to punch his lights out, skipping merrily through the hail of blows as if he 'twer a butterfly born aloft on the gentle breeze of an explosion.

Bono, alas, has played his last though. After successfully stunning the remaining treeman with his first chainsaw attack a succession of turnovers saw him standing next to the mighty creature when it finally stood back up again. Apparently his amateur arboricultural sculpture attempt was not appreciated - the treeman killed him stone dead with a single blow. RIP Bono, you useless masochistic waste of space, you will be missed.

3-0 to the Philanthropists at full time, with a bumper crop of skill-ups to follow (5 if I've done the sums right, including one each on the trolls). Coming soon to a pitch near you, a rematch the Gobbos have been waiting for since their very first game: The Tiny Little Presidents. This time, it's personal.
    Last edited by NieA7; 16-01-2012 at 10:43 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Looking forward to an interesting game against Tom O'Bedlam tonight (if all goes to plan).

I can no longer catch up to Jiim's lead in our group, but Tom can. So if I do win tonight I not only assure Jiiim wins our group, I screw his only remaining competitor as well...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Looks like I need to play Lowkey at some point this week. Give me a shout when you're available and we'll sort something out.

Why's it personal, by the way, NieA7? I was planning to brutalise your goblins in a purely impersonal way.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Ntw, I'm free tonight if you want to play our EPIC match...
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Why's it personal, by the way, NieA7? I was planning to brutalise your goblins in a purely impersonal way.
    Well obviously I wouldn't be dim enough to throw the goblin with the ball into the crowd to die, it must've been some malign influence you put on poor Shakira.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drawlien View Post
    Hi VV. I will be away that weekend so how about the 25th, 26th or 27th (is that within the deadline? Stupid work computers not allowing GoogleDocs). If they are outwith the deadline I could do the 23rd but would rather not.
    A goblinoid evening-date on the 26th (that's Thursday, right?) sounds perfect! Shall we say 20:00-20:30 UK time?
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    A goblinoid evening-date on the 26th (that's Thursday, right?) sounds perfect! Shall we say 20:00-20:30 UK time?
    Well as long as Halflingoids are allowed too... Thursday 8pm GMT sounds great to me.

*Another* disastrous outing for the Friendly Little Fellas resulted in a 2-0 loss to GC's Ogres.

Either I simply cannot manage the increased risks of playing stuntyball, or I suck as a coach. The only alternative explanation would be that Nuffle is inflicting dice-based revenge on me for some previous transgression.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Mr President I am out this and sunday evening but should be around in the day to play, ill hang around on steam so just buzz me if you're free

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Played Eski again earlier, extremely dull 1-0 win for me. Rained all match and couldn't catch a break from shitty rolls all first half and most of the second (only reason I scored second half was because Eski started getting shitty rolls too).

Only one snotling injured and two halflings.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Mr President I am out this and sunday evening but should be around in the day to play, ill hang around on steam so just buzz me if you're free
    I sent you steam messages and you ignored them and kept playing XCOM you bounder.