Page 15 of 100 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Haha sorry about that they didn't pop up in the game so i didn't see your response until i quit, ill be on steam all day so just give me a shout when you're free before

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Bully Culprits (Goblin, me) vs Blighty's Stuntys (Ogre, Tom O'Bedlam)

It was a brutal game. In the first half I pretty much destroyed Tom's team with a slow cage advance. My bomber threw gold, causing loads of hurt. My looney injured a snot on his first turn and then spent three consecutive turns fouling an ogre with 4-5 assists, but amazingly he was still taken off the pitch before the big guy was.

I scored in turn 8 of the first half, when Tom only had an ogre and two snots left on the pitch. With a goal down and the slow dripfeed of players returning from KO, he was on the backfoot for the rest of the game.

He went for a quick TTM-TD to even the score, but after his snotling landed poorly (and very nearly off the pitch) I took possession of the ball and scored again. That was that.

Final Score: 2 - 0 to the Bully Culprits

It was (in Tom's words) a massacre. I think the crucial moment was very early in the game, when Tom's ogres were taken out of action. One ogre alone was not enough to beat out the goblin cage, even ignoring the trolls acting as bookends. Still Tom was a good sport about it all and I've had much tougher matches against him in the past. Cheers man.

---

After the game I validated all the matches that had been done. As I'm away next weekend, I've put back the deadline to Sunday night. If you're still on Day 5, you have seven days to get your game on!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    1-0 victory over Indefatigible Snoozer maintains my lead in Div 4, but it looks like it's the only division where the winner is not yet decided.

Don't think Div A's decided yet, if President Weasel beats LowKey and then me he'd get through as our previous game was a draw. Not that I keep checking to see whether they've played each other yet or anything.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    Don't think Div A's decided yet, if President Weasel beats LowKey and then me he'd get through as our previous game was a draw. Not that I keep checking to see whether they've played each other yet or anything.
    Indeed, neither is div 3. Didn't pay attention to unplayed games when I looked before.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Hoy drawlien, you can ping me on Steam when you're ready. I'll probably need a bit of time then.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

In a STUNNING (literally) display of skill, the Shortstuff Stumblers faced off in a highly anticipated rematch against the Fat Fred Flings, who both outplayed AND outeat the Stumblers during their first meeting.

Incredible techniques were shown on both sides of the pitch (causing many self-inflicted injuries), and the crowd showed appropriate approval by throwing valuable rocks at the halflings.

A few highlights of the first Half!

The Stumblers start with their bombardier on the field as the Flings decide to receive first, in a (fairly misguided) attempt to cause havoc on the LoS later in the game. The ever present halfling cook annoyingly steals half of the Stumbler's rerolls, and brings Zara on board to deal with the super powerful army of my (one) strength 3 goblins!

The Bombardier burns through the remaining rerolls within two turns, first stunning one corner of the half-hazard cage the halflings throw up, then engaging with an exciting Hot Potatoe match against the ball-carrier. Thankfully, after two passes back and forth, the halfling takes the "Hot Potatoe" a bit too literal and attempts to take a bite of it, blowing himself and the ball up.

Zara and the trees are taking their toll though, and in turn 6, an unchallenged halfling manages to score 0 - 1.

The goblins bring out their main offensive weapons - with Steelball, the fastest Fanatic this side of a termite mound proving his worth by knocking the chopped tree around, mentally scarring it forever. However, that one turn of stunning skill display was all they got, as a troll makes a perfect throw of a goblin who makes the one GFI necessary to score the 1 - 1.

With one turn left, the Halflings attempt to do the same. A tree grabs the ball-carrier, aims, and throws perfectly. The halfling would have only needed two GFIs to take the lead again... if it hadn't been for the lone goblin standing on EXACTLY the right spot the halfling attempted to land on, and the half ends with no change to the score.

The second half sees both teams slightly exhausted but willing to show some SKILL. Especially after a rock-solid advice from the halfling fans encourages them.

And skill it was, with both Goblins and Halflings showing amazing wrestling skills - just without the wrestling skill. Every second block ends with both participants on the ground, and here the weakened armor of the Halflings FINALLY starts to show, injuring them left and right and then left again.

By turn 15, there are two (rooted) trees left and a handful of goblins marching in a turn 16 2-1 touchdown for the Stumblers.

The Flings' final turn sees Zara flanked by their two trees at the LoS. Try as they might, Zara proves to heavy to throw, and so the bloody game ends 2-1 for the Stumblers, who suffered one Goblindeath and caused countless of injuries. Unlike the trolls.

Cheers drawlien for the match - this makes the final game of the season quite interesting!
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.

Yes thanks for the write-up VV. I'd only add that Zara was largely useless apart from scaring off a few gobbo's in the first half. The 1st turn of the second she went for a blitz and rolled AD-AD which got lonered on the re-roll and caused a KO.

If I draw against Groovy and VV wins against ntw then it will be a draw for the lead in our division....

Vex - you and me for what will be the last game in the Friendly Little Fellas disastrous campaign for Stunty glory. Usual story - available most evenings after 8:30pm UK, not tonight and probably not Tuesday though.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Work-life is a bit beyond crazy at the moment, dearest ntw. Why don't you have some tea while we wait for an opportunity to arise? I made you something nice.

I think we can start realistically looking at something next week's Sunday. Or maybe even this Sunday if the league rolls on fast enough.

Alrighty, I validated what games were done.

The only match outstanding is Lowkey vs President Weasel. Do you guys need more time for it?

Hmm if I am honest I forgot we hadn't played, I buzzed Pres earlier but no response, I can play this evening but if not perhaps a default would be necessary

I'd rather not default on it to be honest, since a draw would make NieA7's lead in your group unreachable. :(

If you two can organise a match to take place within the next couple of days, I'll wait. If that's not possible then I'll have to default.
    Last edited by Screwie; 30-01-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Okay dokey ill be on from 8 tonight president if you're about

PW posted in another thread suggesting that he is currently without BB...
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Yeah, I just saw that. Bum :(

Anyone know if it's possible to use Dropbox to pass over a BB installation?

So he has, well the decision is yours screwie

For what it's worth I don't mind waiting, though it's up to moondogjazz as well of course. I would like to know why my lead being unreachable is such a sad thing for you though Screwie :p

Because then the Day 6 game would have less meaning :P

I would rather get PW's input on this before defaulting, as he is the player currently still in reach of first place.

I will pester him before making a decision.
    Last edited by Screwie; 31-01-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    default it, sorry to hold things up. Lowkey made more of an effort to play the game than I did - although I tend to only see the Steam messages hours after they're sent when I finally log out of Star Wars or Battle Man Shooty Fields.
    (and now I am temporarily without BB)