Page 13 of 100 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Screwie when are you back so I can maim your dudes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    Screwie when are you back so I can maim your dudes.
    I'll be back on Tuesday in the pm, I can manage an afternoon or late night game then (I have other gaming commitments in the evening) or some time later in the week.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Tiny Little Presidents 2 - 0 Pie-maggedon

Moondog is still a bit rusty and hasn't developed the necessary fear of edges. With a goodly portion of his halfmen shunted off the pitch in the second half, he was unable to keep my halfmen from getting a single dicer on his ball carrier. One of my mans has developed the mysterious and frightening technique that less inept races call "block" and he used this to knock the ball carrier over without getting knocked over himself. All the other tiny presidents were very impressed. Moondog's team couldn't muster the numbers to get the ball back leaving me the 2-0 winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    Welcome back to civilisation. I'd prefer not to play this weekend, but you can pick an evening next week except Wednesday.
    Is this evening good for you? I'm online now, and can play whenever.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Played Tom's ogres. This time i managed a 1-0 victory. Think i got 3 levels up as well.

Jiiiim, any chance of a game tonight?

Yeah I'm home from now onwards. When are you back?

I should be back between 7:30 and 8.

Butterfield Diet Plan (halflings, Jim) vs Bully Culprits (goblins, Screwie)

Playing Screwie for the second game in a row here and fortunately the TV gap has widened in the intervening period. I pick up a chef and a babe, win the toss and receive. I am pretty scared of secret weapons so I try a risky throw and score in turn 2. 1-0! Screwie, enraged by the sending off of all of his weapons, spends the next six turns camped in my endzone while I roll triple skulls after triple skulls against his one-strength goblin. 1-1!

Second half is even more boring than the first. The chef takes all but one of screwie's rerolls, and he loses the final one in his first turn. We smother the goblin offensive, tie up both trolls with trees, then systematically beat the snot out of the goblins. When I walk in my winner on turn 16, there's 12 players on the pitch and we haven't been under any threat for some time.

2-1 victory is a 2-1 victory though. ONWARDS BRAVE HALFLADS.

Also of note, one of my trolls nearly levelled twice just by punching halflings half to death. And my other troll ate a goblin, yay!

Just 3 days left and both matches in Group 4 still to play!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    In fact Eski you're due to play me from the off, twice. I've added you on Steam so we can find a time to play, I ought to have the next few days free.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Smushed many Snotlings in a 2-0 victory over Snoozer's Ogres.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Drawlien! We will soon have a REMATCH. Of BLOOD and PAIN and GLORY TO THE GOBLINS.

However, I'm fleeing country and won't be back until the 20th, at which point I will be utterly and thoroughly dead. So, 21./22. would be nice for a match.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Hi VV. I will be away that weekend so how about the 25th, 26th or 27th (is that within the deadline? Stupid work computers not allowing GoogleDocs). If they are outwith the deadline I could do the 23rd but would rather not.

Quote Originally Posted by drawlien View Post
    ...the 25th, 26th or 27th (is that within the deadline?)
    Sure why not.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Mine and Eski's game needs resetting, his game crashed before kick-off and it awarded me the win.

Alright, I've reset that match for you!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Bend Ogre 2 - No Solids Crew 0

Three words sum this game up quite nicely: Nine injured halflings.

Where the armour/injury dice usually hate me, today they were almost unanimously in my favour. It started off looking so good for the poor halflings, the chef stealing two rerolls and a blitz event. Fortunately the 'flings aren't exactly the best team to take advantage of a blitz, so little came of it. And so ended the halflings' hopes. The very next turn the impossible happened, a treeman went off injured, rescued from harm by the apothecary, but losing your apoth within a turn is never a good sign for any team and any halfling player can probably attest that you absolutely cannot afford to lose a tree from play.

The rest of the half entirely consisted a small cage of snotlings moving up the field while the ogres ran rampant through the poor unprotected halflings (the remaining tree being predictably immobile and helpless in a mobile game). Halfling injuries were coming in thick and fast, one per turn generally plus two on one turn. By turn 5 all of Eski's subs were spoken for, by the end of the half he was down to 8 players on pitch (one 'fling unconscious, 6 or 7 injured) as a snotling ran in my first touchdown. 1-0.

The second half was equally brutal, albeit not so one-sidedly. The short-handedness of the halfling team meant that apart from a lucky TTM a goal was never a realistic possibility, but this time the treemen stayed on and fought (albeit in rather stationary fashion, but this time I boxed the 'flings in rather than having to chase them around). Another two or three halflings went off injured, this time accompanied by two snotlings. An Ogre ran in a second touchdown just before the end. 2-0.

Ouch, sounds like Eski had a hard time of that one...

Day 4 has ended, just two more matches before the winners in each group meet in the playoffs!

The provisional deadline for Day 5 is the 27th.

Gorm! I will FIGHT YOU! When?