Page 32 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Bomb throwing doesn't count as your pass action, and the bomb has to be thrown continually until it hits the floor. Really the question is if you throw the bomb to an ally, do they get to try and catch it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Bomb throwing doesn't count as your pass action, and the bomb has to be thrown continually until it hits the floor. Really the question is if you throw the bomb to an ally, do they get to try and catch it?
    The bomb doesn't discriminate.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Bombs are caught or intercepted just like the ball, so yes they do.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Do any passing skills help trolls throw team mate?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Yes, they do. Although HMP explicitly says it can't be used with TTM, if that's what you're wondering. ;-)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    It was. Ah that would have been funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    It was. Ah that would have been funny.

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    @Moondogjazz - where are you? I haven't seen you on steam and my ogres are getting hungry :-)
    How about Monday evening, about 7pm?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Hi moondog, might be a little bit late back from work tonight but I can do 8pm instead?

ok, 8pm tonight.

Alright, I want to be part of this. Have my love and my application!
    Forum janitor in training.

Hi moondog running a bit late stuck on train. Should be in in about 1/2 hour?

Sooo, now we're just moving into the quarters is it too early to start thinking about next season? I'd still like to see skink/krox teams allowed for a bit more variation. Once the Chaos edition is out will we let Underworld gobbo/troll teams in? With mutations they could be OP, though if they follow the published roster they'll only be allowed 12 gobbos and re-rolls at 70k which should go a long way towards balancing things.

Well I was going to wait until after the play-offs, but we can talk about it now!

Given that this league has a record of changing season-to-season with the group format and the extras like Inducements (all right, so two is not a long record but its consistent!), I am all for changing up the format once again and looking at a new team or two.

The BIG issue with allowing unofficial teams like the skinks is that I will have to start policing the unofficial team rosters. To make no bones about it I will have a two-strikes policy - break the rules and bring a disallowed player into a match? I'll reset the match and ask you to fire the player. If it happens again, your team is gone for the season. I seriously don't expect anyone to violate this rule as the whole point of this league is setting yourself a challenge through handicap, but don't give into the dark side and hire those Saurus!

So, without further ado, let's talk about introducing restricted (or 'stunted') teams to the Stunty league :D

---

General 'Stunted' Rules
    1. The roster we invent trumps the roster in-game or anywhere else. By the restrictions of a video game we won't be altering the cost, skills or TRR costs of any team, merely the type and number of players allowed.
    2. Star Player options are unchanged, even if the team can't field a non-star version of that particular Star Player's race (looking at you, Slibli).

The following roster ideas are not final and both their inclusion and composition are certainly open to debate.

Skinks Team
    • Suggested Roster:
    • (based on Lizardmen)
    • 0-16 Skinks
    • 0-1 Kroxigor
    • Pros:
    • Fast! MA 8 means they will outpace other Stunties on land.
    • Cons:
    • Expensive! 60k each makes skinks the most expensive linemen in the league. They're no more hardy than a goblin but cost 50% more. Expect team bloat and a pile of inducements against you.
    • They are the only Stunties that can't be thrown.
    • Less muscle. With only one big guy, this team loses out on strength.

Rotters Team
    • Suggested Roster:
    • (based on Nurgle)
    • 0-16 Rotters
    • 0-1 Beast of Nurgle
    • Pros:
    • Muscle! ST 3+ across the board gives the rotters a bashing edge.
    • Mutations! Free delicious Mutation access.
    • General skill access gives the team skills that Stunties would be jealous of.
    • Tentacles! There may be only one of them but the Beast of Nurgle will be a pest for Stunty teams.
    • Cons:
    • You're a slow side with AG 2. (EDIT: Not true, it's AG 3)
    • Decay! Most of your team will fall apart.
    • No apothecary.
    • The Beast is as dumb as troll. Just saying.

Walking Dead Team
    • Suggested Roster:
    • (based on Necromantic)
    • 0-16 Zombies
    • Pros:
    • ST 3 across the board.
    • Regeneration. This could potentially be the hardiest team in the league.
    • General skills!
    • Cons:
    • Slow and unagile. Even slower than Rotters.
    • No big guy at all.
    • No apothecary.
    • Will require some brrraaaains to win *ahem*

Snotling Team
    All-snots are more than welcome, however there you may as well use the standard Ogre squad. I won't stop you hiring Ogres later if you get desperate.

Underworld Team
    In theory these guys should be a good fit. HOWEVER the team limit on goblins is 12, not 16. Unless this changes in Cyanide's game, at least the 2 skaven linemen would be needed for a roster of 15 or they would be critically undermanned. Not sure how I feel about that as it's very rapidly approaching the strength of the full team.

---

So yes, this is a bit mad. Let me know what you think about adding any/all/none of these to the league for next season.
    Last edited by Screwie; 03-07-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The all rotter team sounds a bit OP. But then again i think the lizard team will be too fast so what do i know.

I am most on the fence about the Rotters. Taking out the Beast would surely be more than enough to neuter them but at the same time it would remove the only non-Decay player on the squad... is that too much?

There's no doubt they will end up a bashy team but they have their own crippling weakness built in. Having said that they are AG 3 (not 2 as I assumed earlier), so maybe it is worth rethinking the inclusion of the Beast.

The Skinks will probably score a lot. But you are paying through the nose for them and most teams can at least chuck players (or worse) in their direction to slow them down. A rookie skink team is going to have a lot of trouble breaking cages, in particular.

I expect skinks to turn out like the annoying elves of the Stunty world, great on offense but not so great on defense.
    Last edited by Screwie; 03-07-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Walking Dead Team must be necro because undead teams recruits gets turned into skeletons in the post match process.

Just an fyi.

Cheers, amended the post.

I'm still sceptical about the lizards team, but maybe I'd need to see one in action first - its the MA8 that concerns me - you can get more than 2 GFI's away in one turn in a foot race with my entire team (all MA5!), so i suddenly have to play 'strategy' and use a 'safety' to hold you off. Still, only one strong guy vs 6 ogres? Maybe it's not so bad ;-).

The rotters I suspect would still do very well, with or without the beast, due to team-wide access to general skills (block and dauntless being the most telling in a stunty league, where no-one else can get these on anything other than doubles). Walking dead likewise, although I suspect they wouldn't be much fun to play as? Bit like dwarves, if dwarves had no skills :-).

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Walking dead likewise, although I suspect they wouldn't be much fun to play as? Bit like dwarves, if dwarves had no skills :-).
    Why do you think fouling rose to my behaviour? A rot team isn't too bad, recruits go some way to offset the extra injury financially. AG3 ST3 pretty exceptional in a stunty league. If anything I'd allow walking dead 1 mummy before allowing a beast of Nurgle. Krox and Skinks would be pretty powerful leveled up, but the team could get crippled too. Lose a few players, be forced to lean on a loner Krox?

Not good.

Of these teams rotters(sans beast) seems the most 'stunty appropriate (bar snots only).