Page 36 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    1. Yes but maybe drop them next season should they prove too insane.
    2. Yes but players should be free to pick necro for a pure zombie team which gets zombie recruits from kills (undead recruits get retconned into skeletons) .
    3. This is a tough one, but yes. I think ST3, AG3 will be very disruptive but the team has decay and no apothecary so the team will exist as proto-norse, never getting legendary players.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I wanted to simplify the questions by listing only Undead. Just as a Snotling player may want to recruit Ogres later, so might a Zombie player like some Skeletons. Although I won't disallow the Necromantic option if a player wants to be hardcore about it (for which they would earn my eternal respect).

And yeah, it should be noted that all three teams are definitely only included on a trial basis. If any of them prove to be too strong they will be looked at again and likely cut.

EDIT: Thanks for the tip Zoraster, but we'll see how it goes. If the Skinks are too strong on their own, they will get cut. Even if you think its best, I don't even want to approach the solution to the problem of how to make a team "Stunty enough" to be fielding it as a full Tier 1 team.
    Last edited by Screwie; 12-07-2012 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    In a Stunty league all Skink teams are dominant as speed rules while the big fellahs just get screened out of play and/or bloat the TV sitting on the bench giving up lots of lovely inducements for no on-pitch value. It is the number of skinks you need to limit.
    Wow, really? St4 GS access means big guys only get 2 dice (without 4 assists) and generally speaking Ogres have less block,less tackle and bonehead to contend with.

I would oppose Saurus being allowed, mandatory or not.

Oh, on the subject of skinks, banning the Krox would be one way to mitigate their unreasonableness.

TBH I intend to field either a pure skeleton team or a pure skink team, can't decide.

I am somewhat tempted to go either zombies or rotters for a laugh, if those teams make it in. But at the same time I'm also looking forward to throwing my own Secret Weapons at them! I do have a Fanatic with Block already...

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I am somewhat tempted to go either zombies or rotters for a laugh, if those teams make it in. But at the same time I'm also looking forward to throwing my own Secret Weapons at them! I do have a Fanatic with Block already...
    I'll set them up like bowling pins whenever we meet. Get sure feet and pray for + mv.

I wish I had taken Sure Feet actually, although Block has also been useful in stopping him from falling over in other ways.

Vexing Vision's Fanatic scored a +MA and is thus the most deadly one in the league right now.

Network Hub
    To me, fanatics seemed more like a liability than an asset. Once they're down, they stay down. Then again, not every team has st6 players.

ST7 actually. :)

Fanatics are amazing if they're allowed to push people around (I don't expect to get many knockdowns with them, especially in a Stunty league) which makes them great for forming a cage behind, but they are an easy target - people will happily throw bad 2D blocks at them all day until they fall over.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Wow, really? St4 GS access means big guys only get 2 dice (without 4 assists) and generally speaking Ogres have less block,less tackle and bonehead to contend with.

I would oppose Saurus being allowed, mandatory or not.
    You’ve got to get over this obsession you’ve got with hitting things Helio :) Case in point it is really clouding your BB thinking if you are looking at Ogres making hits on Saurus to win. A Saurus is bog standard speed, AV9 and AG1. Even if you hit the buggers the odds on hurting them isn’t great. What you do have is a bunch of supersnots who can dodge anywhere on a 2+ and come with SS. You partition them out the game with Snotlings, not bash them out with Ogres. Pretty much the same holds true for 'flings and Gobbos although their lower mobility but higher strength and armour means you tend to do a lot more man marking before you can partition them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    ... but they are an easy target - people will happily throw bad 2D blocks at them all day until they fall over.
    Easy is putting it mildly. Fanatics are the easiest players to de-pitch in the game and given how dangerous they can be it makes sense to take them out early. To put it in perspective a half die block with reroll has a marginally better chance of de-pitching a Fanatic than a three dice block has of achieving a Pow.

Oh, on the subject of skinks, banning the Krox would be one way to mitigate their unreasonableness.
    According to Zoraster pure skink is better than skink + krox and/or saurus in a stunty league. I'm interested to see how this turns out.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    What you do have is a bunch of supersnots who can dodge anywhere on a 2+
    It's a 3+ isn't it? They have agility 3 - or am I missing something?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    It's a 3+ isn't it? They have agility 3 - or am I missing something?
    Yup; Titchy. Adds a further +1 to dodge rolls so Snots get a +2 modifier on top of the usual Stunty negating TZs.

This slipperiness is somewhat countered by the fact Snotlings tend to horribly injure themselves as soon as they fail a dodge. :)

Underworld teams with Two Heads Goblins, though...

Titchy is + 1 to dodges no?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sorry - I thought you were talking about skinks, which are not titchy iirc.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Titchy is + 1 to dodges no?
    Yup, so +2 total modifier with the standard +1 for dodging.

1) Yes
    2) Yes
    3) No

I was really keen on skinks and a krox, though having had a interesting talk on how stunties should be played while my gobbos were simultaneously smeared all over the pitch by Zoraster I bow to his more informed opinion. Interesting that Saurus might make them less powerful, but I'm not sure how to get that into a roster that's anything other than "Lizardmen as normal".

Zombies/skeletons could be interesting. I doubt they'd be hugely fun to play, but I think their low Ag and MV should make them manageable both on a game by game basis and in the long run, though their low starting TV could be a problem.

I imagine Rotters would surely be hugely OP in a stunty league. Decay wouldn't hurt them game by game (seeing as it only kicks in when they're injured anyway, which won't happen that often at Ag/Str 3 and AV 8), and a team of rookie rotters would be very difficult for anyone but ogres to take on. Once they get a couple of dauntless/claw guys even ogres would have something to think about.

If you're widening the net, how about a max-vamp vampire team? If you say they have to start with all 6 on their roster, have to line up all they can at each kick off and have to replace them ASAP after deaths they would be a pretty weak but fun team to play as/against. Only five thralls to feed off would be troublesome, they'd be giving away tonnes in inducements and against st 2 or 5 players having st 4 is a negligable benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by boots468 View Post
    If you're widening the net, how about a max-vamp vampire team?
    That sounds horrible, ugh.

What about dwarf teams forced to take 8 rerolls *evil grin*
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 12-07-2012 at 11:12 PM.