Page 38 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    Hey I figured I would join as well! With absolutely no idea with how to play an ogre team or even a decent set up with them, the ogre special forces are ready for war with nothing but a few dumb ogres, some snotlings in danger of being put down in two seconds and the coaches dice!.... I'm doomed

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Welcome aboard!

If this is your first Stunty team I suggest making yourself familiar with the rules for the Stunty, Titchy and Throw Team Mate skills, it can mean the difference between victory and defeat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Changed to Zom, better cheerleaders.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    Why isn't skeleton khemri-team allowed? :)

Halflings felt like a one-trick pony in their use of star players. So I'll give the skinks a go.

Activated Node
    Thanks. I'm familiar with 2 out of those 3, so I'll probably check out TTM to figure out exactly what penalties to go with. I'm also on the fence about starting out with a apoth. and and high FF or getting another reroll so I have 2. On one hand, going in without any blocks, sure hands, or the like means that I'm suicidal to not have 2, but I know that this is an 8 match thing, plus 2 playoff so I could make up the money for the doubling of the rerolls, plus having an apothecary will be useful when my ogres forget that punching themselves in the face is not a good idea

I'm not much of an Ogre coach myself, but I believe the more successful way to start is with fewer ogres and more rerolls. I'm sure someone with more experience will confirm or deny this, but the Stunty teams tend to be more reroll-dependent than most.

Also don't buy FF, it's a waste of money now.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Network Hub
    Re: Ogres, it's wise to start with only four ogres so that you can buy enough TRR while they're cheap. More ogres = more bonehead, and using a reroll to negate a failed bonehead is one you can't use to negate a both-down block (which you will get more often than you want due to lack of general skills).

Also, don't get the apoth yet. Snots are cheap to replace, ogres are pretty sturdy, and TRR are more important. The price for a quack is the same no matter when you buy them, so get one after your first couple of games.

Activated Node
    true, but i already grabbed 5 ogres >.< all well, i'll just get rid of the apoth. and some FF to start with 2 rerolls and I'll just have to have faith in my dice not to screw me over at every turn, so with that said, I'm feeling alot of boneheads coming my way D:

Edit: if i fire one now, would I get the 140k cost for the ogre back? With that that's 4 rerolls, which I think is a good amount to have

edit: went ahead and dropped a ogre so now I"m at 4 rerolls, so hopefully this will go better now. Thank you for the advice
    Last edited by Zenohero; 20-07-2012 at 10:21 PM.

So long as your team's yet to play their first game, you get the full cost back for anything you sell.

AHAHAH!
    *tazers himself*
    I know *twitches* what team I am fielding for stunty league.

I'm Bringing "Papa's Prosodemic Pharmacologists" Back.

Network Hub
    Hope the suggestion helps, Zeno. Some coaches do go with more ogres and fewer TRR, but it requires a different style of play that involves moving your ogres as little as necessary. That, or giving ogres pro on a double (ala Vamps), although forsaking reliable blocking can be risky [NOTE: may not be as debilitating in a stunty league, where 3d rolls are easier to get].

If you're going Rotters Helio, I'll go back to my Goblins. I'm happy enough with full representation of the teams.

Okay chaps, let's try and get this season up and running by this time next week!

Currently we are at 9 teams, so if one (or more) people would like to participate please get your name down on the spreadsheet that would be super. Yes, Cyanide can't cope with odd-numbered leagues.

If by Thursday night we are left with an odd number of teams, I'll pull my team out of this season in interest of getting things running. But ideally I'd like to play and I'd like others to play :)

If you're desperate, give me a kick and I'll re-enter my useless gobbos.

But I'll be grumbling all the time ;)
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Cheers ntw, I will call on you if needed :)

(Also you know you love goblins really!)

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    If you're going Rotters Helio, I'll go back to my Goblins. I'm happy enough with full representation of the teams.
    I kinda felt that way about zombie team. Sure I'll stay rotters aka "norse of the stunty league" I expect lots of career ending injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cubo View Post
    Why isn't skeleton khemri-team allowed? :)
    Sorry, missed this question!

No particular reason, although I believe Necro and Undead share the same Star Player options while Khemri have something different. That's not good or bad, it just makes them less analogous than the restricted Necro and Undead sides.

Deadline for applications tonight!

Currently it looks like I might need your team after all ntw - that would put us at 5 new teams and 5 returning teams.

With these ten teams, there are several format possibilities we could try:

A. 2 divisions of 5, one for returners, one for new. Each team plays everyone else in their division twice for an 8-game season. Top 2 teams from each division enter the play-offs. This would create a nice good vs old final, but has the downside in that few of the returning teams will get to face our new experimental teams.

B. 1 division of 10. Each team plays each other team once, for a 9-game season. Top 4 teams go into the play-offs. The simple option.

C. 2 divisions, with randomly allocated teams in each. Each team plays all their division opponents once and then, except for the 2 currently leading teams, all the teams are swapped to the other division (or even better, randomly re-jumbled between them). The teams in the new divisions play each other once, making an 8-game season in total. At the end of it, the top 2 teams from each div go to the play-offs.

Opinions on these, or any other ideas, would be welcome.

Network Hub
    How would that odd numbered division thing work? Open league?