Page 42 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    El Cubo, the weekend is fine, see you then.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    El Cubo's "Megalosauria" vs Heliocentric's "Prosodemic Pharmacologists"

So, we played, 14 Rotters vs 10 skinks and newt the Krox, I was 280 less in TV and I hired 2 tackle rotters for 120 each who totally justified themselves. The match started with me recieving, and Cubo's Krox breaking my formation wide open with a blitz which followed with skinks pouring through the gap, they actually failed to catch their own kick and while I did my best to apply my strength advantage and try and mark the ball. Ultimately the ball slipped from my hands as skinks left the pitch in various shapes and conditions, some dead, others merely BH. Despite my best efforts I conceded 3 touchdowns against the flow of play by the time I managed to pickup the ball and get it in a cage around turn 12.
    At this point I was still at full power with reserves and the skinks were 5 skinks injured, I dared make a hand off and walked it up field marking nearby skinks with some of my players and then survived a kroxigor blitz, blitzed the krox down with 3 assists and fouled like a champ for the last 2 turns with no effect and walked in the ball on the final turn.

El Cubo's "Megalosauria" 3 - 1 Heliocentric's "Prosodemic Pharmacologists"

One of the 5 cas was eaten by the mercenary, so with 8+3+5 SPP I had a good haul(better than the 3 TD my opponents had notably), but only 1 player (a cas and a mvp) levelled up, took block, really I couldn't justify taking anything else yet. Still, lots of 5 SPP players in my team now.

Sadly(?) El Cubo's MVP was earned by a player I gave a niggling injury, and he didn't even level up.

Its fair to say that rotters are a valid team, but without some of this GM access actually implemented on the pitch they fall a little short of capable.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 18-08-2012 at 11:06 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    It was kind of a pyrrhic victory. I guess I shouldn't treat skinks as expendable as halflings. They're too expensive!

Played Gorm's Goblins tonight but was not really up to the task. I failed to notice several vital things, like the Block skill of my Star Player. Gorm played well and made good use of his own Block players - this skill really shines in the Stunty format. After receiving 3 touchdowns over the course of 14 turns, I realised my defeat and stopped caring a bit.

Sorry if it made the game less enjoyable Gorm.
    Forum janitor in training.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hmm, just had me worried really. The stunty league shouldn't be taken too seriously, at any time any team could just implode and it wouldnt be that surprising. But yea, i had a bit of luck with injury rolls and you missing the block on the star player. The passing so you couldnt throw someone will probably just be something you learn once and never repeat.

Well, the passing wouldn't have mattered anyways, I think. But I'll keep that in mind, surely. Apart from that I got the feeling that it would almost be better for my players if I didn't do anything during the last turns. I have no idea how many players I have left for the next match, but it isn't going to be many.

I usually don't give up before a match has ended, but this time there was nothing I could have done to change the outcome. And a TTM-based touchdown was more than unlikely, really.
    Forum janitor in training.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    That sounds like rotten luck, hopefully your team is not too banged up to recover.

It sounds like you skipped the last two turns of the game? I've done that in the past myself, if the rout is inevitable - better to force your opponent to merely foul once a turn than to stand all your guys up to be blocked down again. It's not fun, it's not especially 'sporting', but sometimes it is the sensible option.

Oh Lowkey, we are due to fight! Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday night, preferably.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Any are fine for me Screwie!

Coolio, let's try for tomorrow night then.

Dead Damn Heroes (Ded, Lowkey) vs Bully Culprits (Gob, me)

This was a fun match. Lowkey came in with 570k inducements and brought Nekbrekerrekh (sp?), a wizard, and some other fun things.

My goblins received first and held onto the ball for the whole first half, helped by some surprisingly reliable trolls and my Block fanatic who refused to fall over. My chainsaw looney was KOed early on, but on the other hand I was blessed by Lowkey's wizard fluffing his fireball and only scoring some stuns.

I realised by the end of the first half, I'd only used 1 TRR, which must be something of a record for my goblins. (It may have something to do with the fact I only used my bombardier's special talents once in the whole match - he was my ball carrier and goal scorer).

It was all change in the second half, as I was suddenly out numbered and trying to stop the slow inexorable advance of a ST 3 team.

Eventually the ball came loose in the scuffle, and both sides manoeuvred around it for several turns trying and failing to pick it up. A bad bounce landed it squarely in among Lowkey's guys and there was little I could do to stop him from crossing the line on Turn 16.

I set up for the 1 turn TD but with no TRRs remaining it looked unlikely - and I failed at the first hurdle, picking up the ball.

Final Score: Heroes 1 - 1 Culprits

Now the fun part! My bombardier levelled and got a double! :D

I am certain I will take either Accurate or HMP. I am much more partial to Accurate for the precision bombing, but HMP would just be a laugh.

Also LowKey got one (or two?) double(s). What a super profitable game!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Two doubles, two mighty blows! Who needs tackle and block anyway, thanks for the write up and game screwie it was fun, makes a difference when your star player stays on for most of the game...

NTW's had a family problem come up, I doubt we're going to be able to fit our game in before the deadline.

Activated Node
    I'm thinking me and groovy might need one as well. I haven't seen him posting the past couple of days and he probably thought I was some random guy sending a invite on steam.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Groovy is away on holiday at the moment Zen. Think he is back at/after the weekend. He gave the actual date in the DoD thread late last week if you want to check.

(hard luck in the DoD match by the way. I watched the last few turns... nice drama while waiting to serve dinner :) )

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    Groovy is away on holiday at the moment Zen. Think he is back at/after the weekend. He gave the actual date in the DoD thread late last week if you want to check.

(hard luck in the DoD match by the way. I watched the last few turns... nice drama while waiting to serve dinner :) )
    A bit unfourtunate, but I'll suck it up, besides you saw the ridiculous rolls I made just to force that play, so I have no complaints (okay minor one, should have been farther back, but I digress). Alright, this is probably the matchup I dreaded most, although to be fair (and not to sound like i'm arrogant), but I probably have the best chance of doing something against groovy, at least on paper. Ogre v. ogre I at least have more muscle then most other teams probably have. I'm still going to get wrecked, but hopefully not as bad :D

Hmm okay I will take a look at what Groovy said and decide if we should wait, or press on.

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    NTW's had a family problem come up, I doubt we're going to be able to fit our game in before the deadline.
    Yeah, sorry about that. Bloody families... ;)

If you are extending the deadline for a few more days then I should be able to play?
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Okay we'll do that then :)

I put the deadline back to the 28th, if you need longer let me know.

Awesome, in that case should be able to play Saturday or Sunday PM or pretty much any time Monday, let me know!