Page 46 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    I think based on Squirrel's post earlier that means He also won't be able to play against me either, which is regrettable. I mean watching 9 or so haflings scurry across the field its enough to make any ogre hungry :D

Quote Originally Posted by Zenohero View Post
    I think based on Squirrel's post earlier that means He also won't be able to play against me either, which is regrettable. I mean watching 9 or so haflings scurry across the field its enough to make any ogre hungry :D
    Oh, I'll try to play you, at least until I disconnect once. Found out in my match against sketchseven (DoD), that I can in fact connect to someone else if the stars are right. So yeah, bring it on, fat men.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Oh, I'll try to play you, at least until I disconnect once. Found out in my match against sketchseven (DoD), that I can in fact connect to someone else if the stars are right. So yeah, bring it on, fat men.
    Well, in that case Squirrel, I will see you whenever their is time available. I should be available tomorrow after 2 EST. I only request that you don't bring your damned chef, the smell of his food is quite good and leads the ogres astray :D

Groovy, given how busy you are I'll entirely understand if you want to default against me. I mean even if we did play my charitable heroes would undoubtedly knock seven shades out of your over-paid bullies, so really it makes sense all around. It's not like I'm scared of your bastard murder machine. Not at all. No siree bob.

Ahem.

Anyway, I'm free any time today but away from Thursday evening until next Tuesday morning. Can make any night from Tuesday on after 20:00.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I defaulted the two games on the previous day to be default wins to the other guys. This was a break from previous seasons (and indeed other RPS leagues) in that normally these things go to draws. This was a moment of negligence on my part and not fitting in character of this casual league, so I apologise for harming the longer term prospects of ntw and squirrel this season by doing so.

In the future, no-fault defaults will be listed as 0-0 draws. Sorry for the inconsistency.

EDIT: *cough*
    Last edited by Screwie; 20-09-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Hi Nie, unfortunately only saw your message this morning, which is a shame as I was online last night and could have squeezed a stunty game in. I'm also around tonight, but sounds like you're away now, I which case I can definitely play next tuesday, I don't want to miss another game.

Also screwie, what happened with the defaults to cause your mea culpa? I know both my previous games were defaulted, but I'd assumed a draw for the first one (as we didn't meet up at the same time) and then ntw's unfortunate circumstances meant he was AWOL, so I'd assumed either a draw or a 2-0 to me? So basically, what did you do, and what makes you think it was wrong? I haven't been in-game to see and certainly don't mind whatever you decided, just wondering if i can help guide you with some sage-like wisdom...
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Oops, I was supposed to address ntw there, not you groovy. My apology is ruined!! :(

Basically, due to circumstances beyond their control squirrel and ntw have had defaults put against them. They should have been marked up as 0-0 ties but for god knows what reason I ran them through as 2-0 losses to each.

This hurt their teams due to losing out on winnings and MVP, and in the long run makes it tougher for them to climb the leaderboard. Which is unnecessarily punitive for circumstances beyond their control and a big booboo on my part.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hey El Cubo, I cant do that time on Sunday. Is 6pm too early on Sunday?
    If not i can start between 5 and 6 on Saturday.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    Hey El Cubo, I cant do that time on Sunday. Is 6pm too early on Sunday?
    If not i can start between 5 and 6 on Saturday.
    6pm is fine. See you then.

Activated Node
    Squirrel, what day would you be online so we can discuss when we can play

Squirrel, what day would you be online so we can discuss when we can play
    Sorry, had some friends over for a visit this weekend and didn't check the thread. I can do today afternoon and evening and most of the evenings next week. I'll try to be more on Steam, so just chat me up. ;)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just had my game vs El Cubo. Those speedy cold blooded lizards managed to beat my brave and skillful goblins 2-0.

Activated Node
    Sorry squirrel Sundays are a crappy day for me to play. We can try and shoot for sometime this week

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    Just had my game vs El Cubo. Those speedy cold blooded lizards managed to beat my brave and skillful goblins 2-0.
    Gorm played as hard game as ever but somehow the skinks managed to carry through the match even while playing the underdog. I had 580k in inducements so Slibli, a merc kroxigor with BT and 2 babes helped out. Gorm managed to harm several lizards and even killed one journeyskink. Those critical and dodgy moves seemed to succeed always in the nick of time time, while Gorm was plagued by early turnovers. I don't think I used any rerolls in the second half.

So the first drive saw skinks attacking and scoring in about four turns. The Gittz left the ball carrier a bit unprotected, so I sent the skinks through enemy lines like the greedy person that I am. I even failed to set up a decent screen when the break tackling mercenary kroxigor failed his dodge. This overextension left my players badly outpositioned and with a lucky pass the goblins gained some lead. Somehow, without any rerolls, I pulled the perfect turn culminating in a successful 3xdodge, 2xgfi and a 1-die blitz with tackle against the blodging ball carrier. A failed pick up sent the ball bouncing towards one Gitt's clutches who couldn't make that final gfi on the end zone on turn 8.

I defended more conservatively in the next half. Gorm had his carrier caged quite close to the front lines. I managed to disrupt it but couldn't topple the carrier. So he caged again to the side. Kroxigor knocked out and Slibli was being tied up, so I struggled with the few remaining skinks I had. I did get 2 dice blitz on the ball carrier and found a pow. The ball was loose but I couldn't pick it up. Gorm was back in the game when the pogoer picked up the ball and went on his way. Another 2-dice blitz brought him down as well, and Killer Croc got the ball. With most of the goblins committed to the offense, he had an easy run.

Hi Groovy, should be able to make Tuesday night any time from 8:00pm.

Sorry squirrel Sundays are a crappy day for me to play. We can try and shoot for sometime this week
    Sure thing. My internet decided to give me the cold shoulder on Sunday anyways, so no trouble. I'm SO looking forward to Thursday...

Also sorry for not being on Steam lately, it's always nice to have a spontaneous game of BB with you. Most of the time I am happy when I don't lose internet access altogether. This must sound quite familiar to you. ;)

OK, things are settling down a little more now and starting to return to normal.

Apologies for the impact on the league but I should be around for games from now on.

/edit - just in time to be destroyed by Screwie, I cannot do Wednesday, other evenings if you see me on steam then shout, unless you want to actually arrange a date and time...
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Hey ntw, welcome back.

Earliest I can manage is Friday night, failing that an evening at the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Hey ntw, welcome back.

Earliest I can manage is Friday night, failing that an evening at the weekend.
    Saturday is out for me, Sunday probably best, Friday maybe doable.
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Okie doke, Sunday then!