Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    drawlien! Your Fat Flings (no offense, your words not mine) wish to reside on the receiving end of a chainsaw!

When shall we make this happen?
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    If you buy more goblins I will just sell the rerolls and the apoc :)
    Treachery!

hahaha that's ace, Jiiiiim.

Yes indeed, the Stuntys managed to eek out a thoroughly underhanded draw through underarmed and overhead tactics. The match began terribly for me as I tried to get a feel for what the Snotlings were capable of and attempted to play them like humans, which, unsurprisingly, failed. Once I realised the little fellas are all but untackleable things progessed a little better, but special mention has to go to Nuffle who gifted Jiiiiiim three red skulls over and over again.
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Schizoslayer - I hope you will keep your slaying to a minimum when we meet. When shall it be? I am here during the day Tuesday and Thursday but not in the evening. Any other evening is possible.

Fairly uneventful first game between me and Darkfenix's Ogres. 0-0, and not a dead snotling to speak of!

Important lessons for other first time stunty users:
    1. You can only throw one team mate per turn (there goes my 'fuselade of snotlings' tactic, with 5 ogres throwing 5 snotlings in a single turn).
    2. throwing a team mate counts as your pass (ie, you can't throw a team mate and also pass the ball) - I think, at least it wouldn't let me pass the ball in the same turn I'd thrown a team mate, but correct me if I'm wrong, oh wiser men amongst us.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    Yea i can play this weekend Screwie, this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon are both fine for me.
    Cool, tomorrow afternoon would be fine.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Christ it really was a bit of a dull game. Failed rolls galore (particularly on bonehead) made pretty much any attempt at a fancy move futile. Add in that mighty blow did basically nothing all match (most of the casualties were off fouls or snotling blocks) and you have a recipe for a messy, messy game.

Quote Originally Posted by Indefatigible Snoozer View Post
    2. throwing a team mate counts as your pass (ie, you can't throw a team mate and also pass the ball) - I think, at least it wouldn't let me pass the ball in the same turn I'd thrown a team mate, but correct me if I'm wrong, oh wiser men amongst us.
    Yes, throwing a team mate counts as a pass (so you can only throw 1 snotling/goblin/fling per turn and can't follow up with a ball pass).
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    Schizoslayer - I hope you will keep your slaying to a minimum when we meet. When shall it be? I am here during the day Tuesday and Thursday but not in the evening. Any other evening is possible.
    I can do tuesday or thursday around 3ish.

I played Vexing Vision this morning - my 'flings against his gobbos. I managed to stall his drive in the first half whilst ending up causing about as many casualties and K.O.'s which meant my 'flings started with an advantage for my drive after his secret weapons got sent off.

I also caused at least one more casualty in the first couple of turns of the second half so was able to stall until the final turn before scoring. Nothing dramatic happened in VV's final turn so the game finished 1 - 0 to me. One of my trees got the man of the match award which was useful.

Thanks for the game VV!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just played Screwie, it was a game that was all about the skill of the players and would have brough a tear to any elf teams eye. Oh no wait it was a terrible bloodbath, that Orcs would be proud of. Screwie won it with a touch down on the final turn.

Okay so one halfling got a level out of the match. Rolled a double six. Oh god. +Strength? Guard? Tackle? Block? Mighty Blow? Leader? So many choices.

For the simple fact that it's a stunty league I would take +Str. I think that would be the most universally helpful, and might lead to more SPP down the road with all the snottling blood on his tiny Halfling fists.

I dunno, if it's skillpoints I want then mighty blow or block is probably a better bet. Strength would give me someone who is a very good stunty ball-carrier and hard to knock over but not someone who will necessarily get skillpoints. Tackle or Stripball will marginally increase the odds I can break through stupid stunty dodge and stop other teams scoring, leader will give me a cheap reroll which I probably need when I can't afford a masterchef.

Argh...

Thick skull, obv.

I was figuring it would give you a 2d roll on most stunty-on-stuny action, plus the ball carrier boost. Scoring and Stunty killing pleases Nuffle.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoslayer View Post
    I can do tuesday or thursday around 3ish.
    Thursday at 3, then.

Oh my... I've got a +1 MA snotling!
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Thanks for that really messy game, Gorm. :D

Yesterday I validated the matches that had been done at the time. Got my troll to level 2! :)